If i buy Assassins creed 3 on PC will it install to steam like dishonored?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr-Possible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr-Possible
Member since 2010 • 115 Posts

I know you can add non steam games to steam but ithats not what i mean. i mean will it install to steam from the get go?

I bought the special edition of dihonered from game and it install right to steam straight away, it was impossible to install it without steam will assassins creed 3 be the same if i buy it on disk?

Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Everiez
Member since 2006 • 1946 Posts

Ubisoft prioritize their UPlay DRM. Retail version won't be tied to Steam. If you buy digital version at other web store (not Steam), look for "Steam key" or "Steam activation" in game description. If no "Steam key/activation" then it won't be tied to Steam.

zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zyphyr2k12
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

The only way you get the AC games on Steam is if you buy them from Steam or make it a non-steam game. If you buy a disk copy or the download from a site like Amazon it will only work with U Play and the non-Steam game option.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Keys will be for Steam. I think FarCry3 will be there first big shot at making uPlay the next... origin.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Why would you install a PS3 game like Dishonored to Steam?

Is this something to do with Steamworks on the PS3? Is it something that is required, or is it like Portal 2 and they give you a CD key to get the PC version of the game, when you buy the PS3 version?

I've played Dishonored on the Xbox, but I've been thinking about buying it, and if it allows me to play on Steam (like Portal 2) then I will have to look at the PS3 version first.