I want a keyboard in GH/RB

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_IronManDude_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 _IronManDude_
Member since 2008 • 1595 Posts

I want a keyboard peripheral in Guitar Hero or Rock Band. It would be awesome. It could be a one-octave keyboard, and it would be immensely useful. You could play the keyboard on Rush songs, Dream Theater, The Who, whatever. Anyone else think it's a good idea?

I've been listening to a lot of Dream Theater lately, and it would be amazing to play Rudess's legendary keyboard on some songs. Obviously they would never include a song as long as this, but I'd love to play Octavarium in GH/RB. Play the cool synth intro, then the flute, then the wicked solo. All while singing. It would be realistic, too, because it's not just five buttons, it's an actual musical instrument.

Plus it's another piece of hardware for them to sell. Big money.

Caemyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Caemyr
Member since 2003 • 198 Posts

I also think a keyboard would be a good idea. While I do not at present own a PS2 or PS3, I am considering getting one becauseI like playing GH at my friends house. A keyboard for me if we got RB would let me playsongs from my favorite rock band, STYX (okay,I amdating myself here) I also like In A Gadda Da Vida by Iron Butterfly so a keyboard would be fun.

Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
The problem with a keyboard is an interface issue. The only previous attempt at putting keyboard playing into a game like this was Keyboardmania by Konami, which gives the player a two octave keyboard to play, but required pretty much the full screen in order to give an accurate system of telling the person what notes to play. We'd be going from 4-5 rows of information that we have now, and going to 12-24 rows of information.

In addition, the peripheral itself would be expensive, and wouldn't be supported on a lot of songs, so i doubt that it would be done as an addon to the current RB/GH configuration. That's just my feelings on it.