I find it odd that everytime I try to find Rule of Rose...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AkuScorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 AkuScorn
Member since 2011 • 444 Posts

I just can't find it. I looked around some stores that say they have it, then they don't. And I don't want to get started about buying it online... $100 or more gives me a good sealed game, but anything lower then that gives me a box with the game shoved in it. Blah.

okidoll821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 okidoll821
Member since 2004 • 205 Posts

I bought mine used from Amazon and it was fine. Completely understand the fear of buying used online. I searched brick and mortar stores here, but couldn't find it. I was told repeatedly it is a rare game to find. Amazon has new but 110 for brand new game that old is really outrageous. I used RGB Rec on amazon. Don't have any idea if they have anymore copies. Good luck. It was worth it.

AkuScorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AkuScorn

I bought mine used from Amazon and it was fine. Completely understand the fear of buying used online. I searched brick and mortar stores here, but couldn't find it. I was told repeatedly it is a rare game to find. Amazon has new but 110 for brand new game that old is really outrageous. I used RGB Rec on amazon. Don't have any idea if they have anymore copies. Good luck. It was worth it.

okidoll821

I guess the problem is that the price of the game is over $50 online when I can get it somewhere else for $20 used. I'm not afraid of buying games used online because I have done it. I have a problem with paying over $50 for only a game, but for $30 more I can at least get the box art.

It's a rare game I understand, but I feel fishy about the people selling it because today I called some gamestops and mysteriously all the games are being shipped to one location... And when I check online same location has the prices hacked up to almost $50 for just a game, not even the original case, or even box art. If I want to pay $50 for a game I expect everything to be there, not a game and a case that may not be the orginal case.

So I'll just keep waiting until gamestop gets another one in and call them before the horder and price jacker does.

HiroArka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 HiroArka
Member since 2004 • 795 Posts

I caved in and gave my copy to a girl at work because she kept asking me for a whole week if she could have it .. Now I am regreting that choice very very much.

AkuScorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AkuScorn

I caved in and gave my copy to a girl at work because she kept asking me for a whole week if she could have it .. Now I am regreting that choice very very much.

HiroArka

~pats~

Dark_Orchyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Dark_Orchyd
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

HiroArka

Never...ever...cave in to a girl. Actually don't cave into anyone into 'giving' them a game. One of my coworkers insists on me lending him Xenogears. Yeah right. I know the story. I lend a person one of my epic games and then I have to go chasing after it 'Can I have my game back', 7 months later, and still nothing.

If it's not someone you're close with, you can lend a game, but I recommend doing a 'lending exchange'. When I was a kid, I lended Mario 2 and got Bart Simpson vs the world. I never got my game back, but at least I had a game as compensation.

Artstudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Artstudent
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I have all of my ps2 games at my parents house, and I have that one. If you want to give me your address I can have my mom send it to you. I dont think I will ever get around to beating it. It will probably end up staying in my parents house for years so if you want it, you can have it. I only played it a few times.

EDIT

Wow, I just checked amazon! I can't believe how much money this game is going for! I loooove horror games, but this ones controls were too difficult and I couldnt really get into it. I'm surprised it's so expensive. I don't know why people are selling it for that much!

AkuScorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AkuScorn

Ouch, yeah I'm sure we all know the chasing around "can I have my *insert item here* back" situation. I've always had that problem with items other then games though, like headphones or even my tablet lol. But thankfully it was only my family.

And heck I don't let people borrow my games anymore due to the fact I've lost a few games from them either breaking or the progress on them being deleated. If they want to play my games I invite them over and let them play on my tv while I watch! It's more fun that way.

And yeah Artstudent, you saw that? lol. And if you read the description they do say "CASE ONLY". $50 for only a game in a case! It's crazy.

SgtStrungOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 SgtStrungOut
Member since 2005 • 360 Posts

HiroArka

WHIPPED. You destroyed your own dignity. Never bow down to a woman EVER.

kiramasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 kiramasaki
Member since 2008 • 757 Posts

What the hell are you complaining about? Why are you trying to get a rare game and then complain when it costs 50 bucks. There are plenty of games that are several hundred dollars for just the game with no art, so 50 is relatively low. And no you cant get the game for 20 otherwise you would have it. Gamestop.com has Phantasy Star One and Two PLus for 5 bucks, good luck with that, just because its in their system doesnt mean they have it. Additionally with a lot of ps2 games nowadays they only have disc only stuck in little paper sleeves. I just checked on the game, and the game is pretty much listed as non existent everywhere. Right now there is one on ebay at 35 dollars it will probably end up costing more. There is a complete copy on amazon for about 60 shipped. If you want the game you will either need to be ungodly lucky and find it in a second hand store or man up and pay the 50 plus bucks.

People like you need to understand a thing called the "market", you act like you deserve to get something for some low price, when clearly the writing on the wall says its wrorth more than that. Id like to get a gold nes champion cart for five bucks, but that aint happening either kid. If you cant afford 50 bucks you have no business trying to collect rare games, try sports games, you can get a shiny madden 07 for fifty cents, thats more up your alley.

And FYI sunshine, I have the game, with the out print soundtrack only avaliable at atlus, and I only paid 5 bucks for it at Game Crazy going out of business sale, peace out. ;)

AkuScorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AkuScorn

Really Kiramasaki? I was complaining about the fact that the game is high priced but from the listening I get to see, they're in horrible condition, shoved in DVD cases and sometimes are even more expensive then the taken care of products of this game. I don't like the fact that there are decent people who take care of their games, make sure they're in perfect condition for people who want to buy it and ask for a reasonable price for it, and then there are people who have a scratched up game that they shove it in a DVD case that raise up the prices up. I've seen this game being sold for almost $75 in horrible condition, and then a first edition copy for only $60ish. I have no problem shelling out money for a rare game. I do it all the time. I didn't have the money at the time, and yes I did jump for joy went I saw gamestop claiming to have it, only to find out all copies were shipped to one location and bought up by someone. I was surprised at all and did think I was just being too hopeful and should have known better.

Just water under the bridge now though.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts
Rule of the Rose is getting harder and harder to find. last time I looked even used was 49 USD plus shipping. it is not something I expect to see in the used games Bargain Bin at Gamestop. I always check though - you never know what can slip into the pile
AkuScorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AkuScorn

Very trueiowastate. I went to gamestop once and it was a deal, and I picked up Persona 4, Devil may Cry 3 special edition, Xenosaga epsiode II, Digital Devil Saga II, and while talking to the gamestop person, he pulled out a copy of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II, and I bought that up as well for a little under $100. Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#16 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts
a long time customer who builds up a good relationship with the people at the local game stores can expect to be given a heads up when there is a good deal in the shop. I only with that the stores would carry more pc games. there are a lot of good horror games on the pc and I haven't seen many of them on digital download.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#17 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

I looked a long time for this game before I finally found it at some independent video game store in Columbia, SC. I can't even remember the name of the place it was so long ago, I think i paid $20 for it maybe

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="HiroArka"]

SgtStrungOut

Or, well, only as far as it takes to look up her skirt...

:lol:

... That's allowable.

Sad that learning this lesson has been at the cost of a hard-to-find game. Ouch.

--T-Virus--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 --T-Virus--
Member since 2005 • 1556 Posts

[QUOTE="SgtStrungOut"]

[QUOTE="HiroArka"]

MonkeySpot

... That's allowable.

Sad that learning this lesson has been at the cost of a hard-to-find game. Ouch.

Lol, sometimes I wish girls could be little bit more into gaming. Cause my fiancée... is not.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="SgtStrungOut"]

--T-Virus--

... That's allowable.

Lol, sometimes I wish girls could be little bit more into gaming. Cause my fiancée... is not.

Hmmmm... And you're getting married. She at least lets you play whenever you like and as long as you'd like, though, I hope?

:?

Word of warning: If she's not understanding of your hobby now, or if she badgers you to stop playing or limit the time per week that you play, that could become a serious issue in the future. Just speaking from experience. If she's cool with your devotion to gaming and doesn't mind that you play, then full-steam-ahead. But make it clear that you are a gamer even though she isn't, and if that's a problem, work it out sooner than later and establish boundaries, for yourself and for her.

(By that, I DO NOT mean being a ****, I mean, communicate on the subject)

Does she enjoy ANYTHING in the world of gaming? I dated a girl once who rolled her eyes at console gaming but played "Bubble-Bobble" and "Tetris" on her PC, so I got her "Lumines" for my PS2 which she loved, and then it was a short hop from there to get her playing Tiger Woods PGA. A lot of the time, it's the idea of the controller which intimidates some women, or the "stigma" of the gamer-geeks she knew in school who were socially maladjusted. If you can find a game which interests her or makes her laugh, etc., then you have a finger-hold by which to show her how much fun it is... Usually I try to start with games that two people play at the same time, instead of an adventure game, etc., which are single-player experiences.

Perhaps you can turn her...

:)

--T-Virus--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 --T-Virus--
Member since 2005 • 1556 Posts

Hmmmm... And you're getting married. She at least lets you play whenever you like and as long as you'd like, though, I hope?

:?

Word of warning: If she's not understanding of your hobby now, or if she badgers you to stop playing or limit the time per week that you play, that could become a serious issue in the future. Just speaking from experience. If she's cool with your devotion to gaming and doesn't mind that you play, then full-steam-ahead. But make it clear that you are a gamer even though she isn't, and if that's a problem, work it out sooner than later and establish boundaries, for yourself and for her.

(By that, I DO NOT mean being a ****, I mean, communicate on the subject)

Does she enjoy ANYTHING in the world of gaming? I dated a girl once who rolled her eyes at console gaming but played "Bubble-Bobble" and "Tetris" on her PC, so I got her "Lumines" for my PS2 which she loved, and then it was a short hop from there to get her playing Tiger Woods PGA. A lot of the time, it's the idea of the controller which intimidates some women, or the "stigma" of the gamer-geeks she knew in school who were socially maladjusted. If you can find a game which interests her or makes her laugh, etc., then you have a finger-hold by which to show her how much fun it is... Usually I try to start with games that two people play at the same time, instead of an adventure game, etc., which are single-player experiences.

Perhaps you can turn her...

:)

MonkeySpot

Oh, she is completely fine with me being a gamer. I can play as long as I like and as often as I like. She also does not mind me collecting horror DVDs and other habits. :)

As for her - she plays a round of DJ Hero with me (mostly just singing karaoke while I DJ :D) not really into casual games either. Probably tried Farmville on facebook and that's pretty much it.

Oh she also loves Mario games and that's the only reason why I'm thinking about getting Wii. :D We went way off-topic, lol. But it's all cool in my front. :)

ON TOPIC: Never really wanted to try this game but thought about getting it for my collection. Prices start at 70 pounds (100 US dollars?). Stopped "wanting" it.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MonkeySpot

Yeah "Rule of Rose" is one of those White Whale games, for me... I hope I see it in a shop one day like I've found most of my other Most-Wanted's... THat will be a joyous day of Nerding out.

:D

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

The game play of that game suxs, you know.... The only thing good about it is the story and that's only if you figure out how to do the ending. (which is as boring to do as Koudelka's alternate/losing, ending.) If you're gong to spend that kinda money for a game with a dog... get Hunting Ground, instead. Although, it's the complete opposite of Rule of Rose, in that the Game play is good, but the Storylines make, no sense.

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5343 Posts

[QUOTE="okidoll821"]

AkuScorn

I guess the problem is that the price of the game is over $50 online when I can get it somewhere else for $20 used. I'm not afraid of buying games used online because I have done it. I have a problem with paying over $50 for only a game, but for $30 more I can at least get the box art.

It's a rare game I understand, but I feel fishy about the people selling it because today I called some gamestops and mysteriously all the games are being shipped to one location... And when I check online same location has the prices hacked up to almost $50 for just a game, not even the original case, or even box art. If I want to pay $50 for a game I expect everything to be there, not a game and a case that may not be the orginal case.

So I'll just keep waiting until gamestop gets another one in and call them before the horder and price jacker does.

gamestop did this with disgaea, jacked up the price for the few copies they had, then somehow the next month got a ton of them and charged a normal game price. i don't even want to remember how much i paid for it, but it was cheaper than online at the time and had a nice case and unscathed game. be patient, perhaps you will have to compromise a bit for a lesser case or no booklet, but you will likely come across it again.