I don't get it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Mcgnnis1
Member since 2006 • 811 Posts
I am a proud PS3 owner and probably in the next year or may be few months will also own a xbox360 but i just don't understand people who blatantly play just one console and refuse to play any other. I mean i just don't understand this behaviour. I mean who doesn't like good quality games..i do and i have seen several people talking trash about MGS and FFs games and other people trashing Halo and even nintendo games and stuff and saying stuff like "ohh you have a ps3..man you are dumb..buy 360 and oh why you have a 360 buy ps3" stuff like that? i mean why's that? Should we be more open minded about games instead of being narrow minded fanboys? I have seen people talking about nintendo wii for example" Wii is a fad..you'll see its gonna die out soon" i mean come on like its really possible i mean why so much disrespect for a company which kept the video game industry alive and gave us games like Metroid Prime and Legend of Zelda. not even nintendo simply Sony and Microsoft too. You dn't like them dont buy stuff from them but why talking trash about them?
Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Dragonblade01
Member since 2004 • 5747 Posts

Quite possibly it is nothing more than human mental phenomena. Obviously, not everyone has enough money to buy every single console and game that comes out. So they have to pick the one that they feel is the best. Then, when people they know (or don't know, I suppose) ask which console they should get, they promote the one that they have experienced. Then, another person comes along and disagrees, therefore leading to a feeling of defensiveness from both, causing these little console wars here.

At least, that's how I see it.

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mcgnnis1

Quite possibly it is nothing more than human mental phenomena. Obviously, not everyone has enough money to buy every single console and game that comes out. So they have to pick the one that they feel is the best. Then, when people they know (or don't know, I suppose) ask which console they should get, they promote the one that they have experienced. Then, another person comes along and disagrees, therefore leading to a feeling of defensiveness from both, causing these little console wars here.

Dragonblade01

but still that doesn't mean that you can trash talk about a certain system. I mean yes i bought PS3 first but i have never said that the xbox360 is a waste of money because its not. every system has its strength and weakness but i don't know why people still say stuff like that.

Dragonblade01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dragonblade01
Member since 2004 • 5747 Posts
[QUOTE="Dragonblade01"]

Mcgnnis1

but still that doesn't mean that you can trash talk about a certain system. I mean yes i bought PS3 first but i have never said that the xbox360 is a waste of money because its not. every system has its strength and weakness but i don't know why people still say stuff like that.

Well, that's how you and I (and quite a few others here) think. However, you'd be surprised at how many different ways people think through things. The reason is that we all are immature, and don't see everything clearly. So, while one thing seems completely nonsensical to us, we could do something that other people don't understand. That's just how life works I guess.

Super-Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Super-Penguin
Member since 2005 • 703 Posts
i have an xbox 360 and a wii and i enjoy them both
Avatar image for instantdeath999
instantdeath999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 instantdeath999
Member since 2007 • 3470 Posts

The world may never know... I think it's jealousy. People are pissed off at what they don't have, so they pretend to hate it. All three are great for their own reasons. I mean, the only console (if you can call it that) that actually sucked in recent memory would be the n-gage.

rookiespecnaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 rookiespecnaz
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

hi

xbox sucks!!!

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts

I think it has more to do with people taking things way too seriously than anything. Right now, I don't think the PS3 is worth the $400 it would take to buy one. I like to think I'm not crazy and nonsensical, but the only real difference between me and the real haters is how seriously they take this stuff. If you want to get a PS3, I'm not going to harass you or tell you how dumb you are. I will think you made the wrong choice and that you should have got a 360, but I don't have such a personal investment in what system that you play that I will form a genuine negative opinion of you.

On that note, I probably would at least play Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, and some others I'm probably forgetting if they were on the 360. However, I'm not getting a PS3 until there is 1 game awesome enough to justify the system by itself. My Wii has Super Mario Galaxy, my 360 had Gears of War last year, but the PS3 doesn't have the one game that is worth $460.

m3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 m3ss
Member since 2004 • 1163 Posts

Dragonblade01

Absolutely right. It's pretty much a defense mechanism as most of the console war junkies just want validation. They want to know that they made the right decision. But in the end, they are really depriving themselves of some very worthwhile gaming experiences by limiting themselves to just one console.

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mcgnnis1
[QUOTE="Dragonblade01"]

m3ss

Absolutely right. It's pretty much a defense mechanism as most of the console war junkies just want validation. They want to know that they made the right decision. But in the end, they are really depriving themselves of some very worthwhile gaming experiences by limiting themselves to just one console.

Absolutely correct. But still i find the people who trash talk about a particular system to be complete idiots.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts

hi

xbox sucks!!!

rookiespecnaz

n00b. xD

I like all the consoles, and companys. I just decided to get the 360 first out of the three, I plan on saving up for the Ps3, then later on the Wii. Just the 360 is more appealing to me right now, the PS3 is appealing but not as appealing as it going to be when the big titles come out. The Wii has some games i'll like to check out too.
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

i mean why's that? Mcgnnis1

Good question. It's like when I asked this groups of kids I saw eating bowls of cereal the other day..."So why do you like eating Applejacks so much?"All they could do was look at each other, shrug their shoulders, then exclaim all at once "we dont know why,we just do!". I couldnt argue with that so whenever someone ask me why I perfer xbox over those other guys I tend to give the same answer as those kids gave me.

shufu7-11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 shufu7-11
Member since 2006 • 943 Posts
I have a 360 and in my opinion it's the best of the three. But I would love to have a PS3 or a Wii, I just can't afford them right now.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#14 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

It USUALLY evolves from people not being able to afford everyone and as a defense mechanism not being able to own all 3 systems tends to bash on the other systems because they can't have it.

Rarely you get people who just simply prefer one system over the other because the other systems have absolutely nothing they want. But those people are quite rare. Most people fall into the first category.

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts
I just don't have enought money.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

[QUOTE="Mcgnnis1"]i mean why's that? MentatAssassin

Good question. It's like when I asked this groups of kids I saw eating bowls of cereal the other day..."So why do you like eating Applejacks so much?"All they could do was look at each other, shrug their shoulders, then exclaim all at once "we dont know why,we just do!". I couldnt argue with that so whenever someone ask me why I perfer xbox over those other guys I tend to give the same answer as those kids gave me.

Beating up people who only own one system and disrespect all others is fun and righteous (though I confess to a lack of respect for the Wii), but I suspect most people's answers to such questions would center around games they are excited about (or the lack of games they are excited about).

DSchenstrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DSchenstrom
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
I think it's also part of another part of humanity, our need to belong while maintaining a somewhat unique identity. That's why you get fans of video games, car manufacturers, football teams and music genres dissing the others console, car, team, genre and so on.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#18 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

[QUOTE="m3ss"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"]

Mcgnnis1

Absolutely correct. But still i find the people who trash talk about a particular system to be complete idiots.

Thrash talk is getting on everyones nerves.I flame other Systems (or Games) from time to time,but I personally explain my opinion which is based on facts plus a little amount of possibilities and experience (18 years of gaming left a bit here and there ;)).But those who put obviously stupid rumors everywhere or just denying facts are really a pain.

I don´t like Sony bcause the Consoles aren´t good or at least behind on the wrong places and Nintendos arrogance getting on my nerves,but I will get a PS3 or Wii if I want a certain number of games and the money for it.

BadMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BadMonk
Member since 2002 • 318 Posts

Dragonblade01

thats exactly how it is! :)

you hit the nail on the head there! if they only own that particular console or system then they feel the need they have to defend it!

i remember back in 1982 in the UK, there was a BIG war between zx spectrum and the commodore 64 :)

we were kids back then, so unless your parents were millionaires, you only had one system or the other, and although secretly who ever had a speccy would have loved a C64 as well, or visa versa!

if you are a true gamer, then you love games full stop! no matter what machine you play it on :)

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

hi

xbox sucks!!!

rookiespecnaz

I LOL'd when I read that... xD

n00b. That's excactly what we're talking about here. -.-
walrusgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#21 walrusgod
Member since 2007 • 337 Posts

Beating up people who only own one system and disrespect all others is fun and righteous (though I confess to a lack of respect for the Wii), but I suspect most people's answers to such questions would center around games they are excited about (or the lack of games they are excited about).

CarnageHeart

Yeah, that's the reason why I have a PS3 and don't have a 360 (besides the fact that I don't have enough money to get another system). I'm more excited about Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War 3, Haze, FF XIII, etc. than I am about games like Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, etc. It's not that I think those games wouldn't be enjoyable (I'd love to play Bioshock or Mass Effect), it's just that I'm not as excited about them as I am about the PS3 games coming out.

It's also tough when Sony and Microsoft fight so hard to get "exclusive" titles to their systems, because that will only intensify some people's feelings that they must defend their choice of a system. Because of this, people start seeing games they might want to play not coming to the system they own, and thus they feel they have to defend their choice, especially when someone else comes out swinging. I try my best to stay level headed, but sometimes it's really tough when other people start making more personal attacks and using an "all-or-nothing" attitude about things, such as those that believe you must either love or hate one system and cannot be in the middle. I find that a lot of flamewars seem to be the same way: People start off trying to have a nice, calm debate, but then someone jumps in to the middle of it with a personal attack, and the frustration of having logic ignored in favor of blind emotion (in this case, fanboyism) makes it difficult to muster up the energy to still try and use logic. I know many times I end up getting so fed up when people don't actually seem to read the longer, better composed posts (I'm not saying this is one, I can probably form a much more coherant argument if given the time) that I either leave the debate or I end up saying some of the very things that I was denouncing earlier. It is much easier to goad someone to frustration than it is to overcome becoming frustrated, and I believe that is what is at the heart of a lot of these arguments.

Mcgnnis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mcgnnis1

[QUOTE="Mcgnnis1"][QUOTE="m3ss"][QUOTE="Dragonblade01"]

Ash2X

Thrash talk is getting on everyones nerves.I flame other Systems (or Games) from time to time,but I personally explain my opinion which is based on facts plus a little amount of possibilities and experience (18 years of gaming left a bit here and there ;)).But those who put obviously stupid rumors everywhere or just denying facts are really a pain.

I don´t like Sony bcause the Consoles aren´t good or at least behind on the wrong places and Nintendos arrogance getting on my nerves,but I will get a PS3 or Wii if I want a certain number of games and the money for it.

Well at least you back up your statements with facts but to me, people who just bash other systems simply because they cannot own the other system is completely idiotic. I mean right now i can only afford one system and i decided to go with PS3 but still that does not mean that they can start bashing microsoft or nintendo i mean what's so smart about that you know..its just so amazing to me that how can people say things like that..

walrusgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#23 walrusgod
Member since 2007 • 337 Posts
It's especially amazing because most of the bashing comes without having played the other systems. To me, the Wii's controls look like they'll be too gimmicky for me, but I haven't actually played on a Wii, so I can't say that I wouldn't love it if I gave it the chance. Same with the 360, I personally didn't like the original XBox controller and the games don't look interesting, but again, I haven't played them. Too many arguments are based upon nothing but gut feelings.