Hogwarts legacy review anonymous and no comments.

ropumar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ropumar
Member since 2005 • 1135 Posts

So, they reviewed Hogwarts Legacy and gave a low score because of trans made up issue. They don't open the review for comments , and don't sign the review with any name, simply putting that was done by staff.

In a totally unrelated note, I would like copy the definition of cowardice here:

1. lack of bravery
  2. a group of mongrels or feral dogs.
RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

May want to check page one of Games Discussion_

Reviews Deliberately Absent or Postponed for Howarts Legacy? by Nirgal

When There's No Reason, There's No Reason by YukoAsho

Who else is getting Hogwarts Legacy? by DEVILinIRON

We already had three topics about this game, the review conspiracy, and opinions regarding the author on GD.

Did we need a fourth one?

Apparently so. . let the madness continue.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 684 Posts

After what they pulled, i naturally assume the worst of them without proof.

My own personal theory is that this is their low controversy way of putting the game down.

But oh, the ship has sailed in this one, people already bought the game in droves driven by the high metacritic score and the controversy.

Now, all the damage control, at most, can lower the sales from "best selling single player game of the decade" to "best selling single player game of the last 3 years"

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

They probably trying to protect the reviewer from harassment. Give it a high score the woke-trans community will come bully. Give it a less than good review the other camp will complaint and probably do the same.

Personally its understandable they locked comments for this game even though it against the spirit of opinions and discussion.

I remember the whole backlash with TLoU Part 1 (PS3) and GTAV review it was horrible both set of fans attacked reviewers for voicing out their opinions on the game. What makes it really memorable was that Gamespot had to gave the GoTY to Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds over those 2 mentioned game its so funny. TLoU won like 200+ goty that year, GTAV and Bioshock Infinite the other most talked about GoTY contender but Gamespot had to give to very forgettable Zelda lmao.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nirgal

@RSM-HQ: All of the review threads should be merged under my thread.

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gotgames
Member since 2022 • 476 Posts

JK took issue with some wrote an article and in it said “People who Menstruate” she wrote some crap womben etc. and toxic LGBTQ+ culture went crazy, anyway feel free to correct me, great game so far

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58975 Posts

To be fair almost all comments will be total venom.

Question have to ask is "will this be constructive or just abuse"

And I think the answer falls into the latter, wither you agree or disagree with all the latest hijinks.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58310 Posts

This is hilarious, people are so scared of the cancel culture they're not even putting their name to the review.

And yet they still do a review. Gotta get those clicks! Make that ad money!

The fact is, if you object to bad people's products, you're going to be homeless and starving and bored. Corporations are shit companies led by shit people for the most part.

Welcome to late-stage capitalism. Enjoy the end of the world, death by 1000 cuts, as we abandon democracy for feudalism led by oligarchs.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#9 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@nirgal: Probably DEVILinIRON's thread considering it predates all the other three.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nirgal

@RSM-HQ: but his was thread about the game in general, mine was about the behavior around the reviews.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

This game is amazing. If this had a different name it would have been given an 8 at the very least.

What happened to being objective as a reviewer?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3404 Posts

You know what I really like about this kind of reviews? It's that by being over analytical, they aren't wrong about the flaws they point out. That's actually a good review but is a shame this level of criteria isn't applied evenly. For what I've seen so far a 6 seems fair, the issue is that many of the flaws pointed are basically a description of most games nowadays.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#13 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@ropumar:

For me, it's not even what Rowling said. I just don't care for Harry Potter.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 GalvatronType_R
Member since 2003 • 3106 Posts

I usually defend GS reviews, especially those that are written prerelease and have much more legitimacy than the online no lifers who trounce the reviews but haven’t played a single second of the game.

But not in this case. I’ve played 15 hours of Hogwarts Legacy and the GS 6 review is nonsense. I get that a review is just a particular person’s opinion but that leads into my next point: with this obviously compromised review, GS has shown that it cannot put personal biases and its own prejudiced feelings aside and be strictly professional and call balls and strikes right down the middle.

A few side notes. Gamers are toxic and I don’t blame GS for making the reviewer anonymous.

Lastly to the trans community: I support you all. But you need to grow a sense of humor. Every racial, religious, and other categories of people get lampooned and satirized by comedians and encounter differing views. What gives you all a hall pass from people being allowed to make comedy about you or from expressing opinions divergent from yours? Are you all really that intolerant and perhaps snowflaky that you can’t countenance diversity of thought and humor?