Hey hardcore gamers. I bet you aren't good at sports games.

• 60 results
EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts
@turtlethetaffer said:

@EPICCOMMANDER: The difference being that Skyrim is 100% fictitious and sports games are based on sports I could play with my friends in real life. I never said play them professionally. Just play them. you're right, I'm not athletic. But if I wanted to play basketball, I'd go to a court with my friends, not play a simulated version.

In short, your example makes no sense.

What do you mean "I never said play them professionally"? 90% of the "sports games" you are at issue with are based on the professional leagues of their respective sports. You competing in a professional sports league is pure fantasy.

Ugh this conversation is going nowhere.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I was good at sports games. Until I stopped playing cause my arsehole cousins broke all of my controllers.(And I always had to play with KB/M :( )

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#53 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@EPICCOMMANDER said:
@turtlethetaffer said:

@EPICCOMMANDER: The difference being that Skyrim is 100% fictitious and sports games are based on sports I could play with my friends in real life. I never said play them professionally. Just play them. you're right, I'm not athletic. But if I wanted to play basketball, I'd go to a court with my friends, not play a simulated version.

In short, your example makes no sense.

What do you mean "I never said play them professionally"? 90% of the "sports games" you are at issue with are based on the professional leagues of their respective sports. You competing in a professional sports league is pure fantasy.

Ugh this conversation is going nowhere.

Your response to me sounded like you thought when I said "If I wanted to play a sport, I would play it in real life, not a simulated version," you thought I meant professionally. Which I wasn't talking about. I just meant that if I wanted to play a game of basketball, I would grab a basket ball and go to a court with some friends. I don't very much see the point in playing a simulated version of a real life game when you can just play the real game yourself.

And your Skyrim example still makes zero sense.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MyNameIsWill
Member since 2015 • 31 Posts

@Alexander2cents: Maybe so, but games like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty actually have a lot of room to improve in. Sports, on the other hand, isn't a very dynamic thing, how often does the way you play sports change? Not very often, almost never. So I'm not exactly sure how you expect it to change and I don't understand your opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

@Alexander2cents: I really don't care what you think. Its about what I like. Not entirely what I am good at. I like a game that has a good story and has character development. Sports games don't do it for me. In regards to your attempt to "troll." You are an idiot.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

@Alexander2cents:

I'm not sure for others but in my case I'm pretty sure I can finish all these sport games in career mode. I'm sure I get the Stanley Cup easy. Also I don't play sport games anymore, the only one I've played in a decade is a tennis game on 360 and I was good; I wish I could play some sport games but I can't. I was playing sport games when I was young and I know how to play Football, soccer, baseball, hockey, tennis and basketball. I'm sure I'd be back and good quick.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#57 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Even if this is a troll thread.

Some Sports games have more depth than games like Dark Souls, Nintendo Games, JRPGs and WRPGs. But they arent exactly hard, or 'fair' when it comes to how it handles difficulty vs AI. But NBA2K in particular consists of a high skill ceiling when you're playing a human opponent.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#58  Edited By Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 713 Posts

@illmatic87 said:

Some Sports games have more depth than games like Dark Souls, Nintendo Games, JRPGs and WRPGs. But they arent exactly hard, or 'fair' when it comes to how it handles difficulty vs AI. But NBA2K in particular consists of a high skill ceiling when you're playing a human opponent.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I'm good at almost any genre I try. Used to be VERY good at Madden before I got tired of the series. I mean I beat everybody. About the only genre I consistently suck at is stealth.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Ya couldn't give a shit about sport, let alone sports games. ZEro interest.