deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

To all my VR users here have you ever shown somebody VR? I love doing it back when I got my Rift. I showed some of my family members it that are non gamers and watching them having their mind blown is always so damn fun to watch because I remember feeling that way in VR when I first tried it and it's just a priceless feeling I miss it lol.

Here's a good example in a old YT video from this guy trying it for the first time now maybe he's overreacting for the camera I don't know but his reactions are pretty close to showing a newbie VR for the first time.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

Yes. Having a Quest 2 it's very easy to take it to friends and family's homes. You can set up a guardian in seconds as long as they have the space.

Took mine to my sister over Christmas., they'd never even heard of VR! So had a bit of a shock when pulled the Q2 out and ask them to put it on.

If you take the Q2 outside of the guardian it goes into pass through mode, where everything is black and white apart from a cage where you set up the guardian. I asked my sister to walk into it and then she was in my Oculus home which is pretty amazing in itself.

You can control the Q2 with your phone remotely so put on the introductory game for her which lets you play with objects on a table like a bat and ball etc very impressive stuff and mind blowing if you've never used VR before.

Richies Plank Adventures is probably the best app to show people though. They go into a lift which takes them to the top of a skyscraper and they then have to walk the plank. My sister honestly near solid herself.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@gym_lion said:

Yes. Having a Quest 2 it's very easy to take it to friends and family's homes. You can set up a guardian in seconds as long as they have the space.

Took mine to my sister over Christmas., they'd never even heard of VR! So had a bit of a shock when pulled the Q2 out and ask them to put it on.

If you take the Q2 outside of the guardian it goes into pass through mode, where everything is black and white apart from a cage where you set up the guardian. I asked my sister to walk into it and then she was in my Oculus home which is pretty amazing in itself.

You can control the Q2 with your phone remotely so put on the introductory game for her which lets you play with objects on a table like a bat and ball etc very impressive stuff and mind blowing if you've never used VR before.

Richies Plank Adventures is probably the best app to show people though. They go into a lift which takes them to the top of a skyscraper and they then have to walk the plank. My sister honestly near solid herself.

Ha-ha, thanks for sharing that story.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58523 Posts

MY dad and I used to play flight sims when I was younger, I often think it'd be fun to show him DCS World, VTOL VR, or Elite: Dangerous in VR once of these days haha.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8786 Posts

My brother is coming to town. He has an Oculus or I can't remember. But I'm going to show my PSVR. AstroBot, probably Skyrim and maybe some DiRT.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@DEVILinIRON said:

My brother is coming to town. He has an Oculus or I can't remember. But I'm going to show my PSVR. AstroBot, probably Skyrim and maybe some DiRT.

Nice