Have you ever found a game in an unexpected place?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

I did this morning. I went in to a very small high street charity shop, and they actually had about 7 PS1 games, 3 original Xbox, quite a few PC games and a PS2 game.

I originally planned to buy about 5 of the PS1 games: V-Rally, Tommy (something) Rally,Colin McRae Rally and another one which I forget. But unfortunately they all had pretty bad scratches on them :(. I then looked at the original Xbox games, but all 3 of them were some sort of variation of Football Manager games, and so I definately wasn't interested in them, personally.The PS2 game was some dancing game.

I did end up getting one of the games though and it was the most looked after one there, and it was TOCA Touring Car Championship for the PS1 (which came out in 1997). It was only £1. Never played this one, only the secon one. It's a nice, new (to me) game that will keep me occupied until Gears of War 3 comes out next Tuesday :). TOCA is one of the better PS1 Racing games, personally. I would have loved to get all of those PS1 games, but as I said, they were pretty badly scratched... but nevermind. It's probably a goodthing anywho, because I am buying the Gears of War 3 Limited Edition which is £60, and as there were quite the few games, it would have cost me about £10, so in a few days I would have spent about £70... not the best thing to do :P.

So, have you guys ever found (and maybe brought) any games from somewhere unexpected, such as second hand stores, charity shops and the like? :)

everlong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 everlong12
Member since 2008 • 648 Posts

I know this isn't an odd place but A few years back me and a buddy were at Gamestop and I was getting a Wii game. My buddy went to the manager and asked if they happen to have any used N64 games in the back. The manager told him he would check but that there was a good chance no. He asked him what game he was looking for and my buddy says Perfect Dark. To our suprise the manager came out laughing. He looked at us and said "sorry w don't have it used...But hell here's anew copy!" That was a great day

Also, back in Feb, my friend went into a random mom and pop shop, one of those that not only has new items but almost like a garage sale of the owners old stuff. She had remembered I had said I was looking for a good copy of Odin Sphere for PS2 and as she was looking for things in the shop she found a copy of the game in the garage sale part of the shop. The game was like 14 bucks and the disk is flawless, box is in great condition and the book looks like it was looked through maybe once. That was a great B Day present find!

tpstyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 tpstyles
Member since 2009 • 553 Posts

If i remember rightly, a couple of years go 7 to be precise :P, i had gone to my aunts house which i rarely do, but only to see my cousins. They only had a ps1 so i played that with them. Not sure what we was playing though, but had a feeling it was either crash bandicoot or Spyro :P, and i actually had a bag with me and i must of took the game home with me, cause i had it in my bag when i got home :lol:. It was weird, because that was a good game at he time. I did end up taking it back to them, but it was just weird.

p.s. Gears of war 3 is gonna be so AWESOME! Unfortunatly i am only getting the steel book edition :(. I was going to get the one you are getting, but in Game it sold out and i couldn't be bothered to get it anywhere else :p, but oh well i'm getting Commander Dom with it :). What bonus character are you getting?

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
No, but I play a game where I look for things in unexpected places
planetjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 planetjumper
Member since 2010 • 638 Posts

i found a pokemon red version in my fridge after cleaning it out....probably the oddest place ive ever found something.....a stack of mature rated n64 games that my brother wasnt allowed to play that i forgot about

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

usually places I find games are places I'm looking for games. I dont really know of a place that i've found or bought a game when I didnt go there specifically to buy games. I dont have a huge collection or anything (about 230) but I have bought a LOT of my games at pawn shops, goodwill, thrift stores, or used game stores.

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts
Parasite Eve in a Goodwill store, sitting there brand new (or so I think, :P) ^Probably the most unlikely, I'm glad I have it.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ashley_wwe
I know this isn't an odd place but A few years back me and a buddy were at Gamestop and I was getting a Wii game. My buddy went to the manager and asked if they happen to have any used N64 games in the back. The manager told him he would check but that there was a good chance no. He asked him what game he was looking for and my buddy says Perfect Dark. To our suprise the manager came out laughing. He looked at us and said "sorry w don't have it used...But hell here's anew copy!" That was a great dayeverlong12
Heh, that's awesome! :D.
p.s. Gears of war 3 is gonna be so AWESOME! Unfortunatly i am only getting the steel book edition :(. I was going to get the one you are getting, but in Game it sold out and i couldn't be bothered to get it anywhere else :p, but oh well i'm getting Commander Dom with it :). What bonus character are you getting?tpstyles
The steelbook edition is awesome still, I was thinking of getting that but got the limited, of course :P. I am getting Mechanic Baird (and Adam Fenix as it's in this edition). I can't wait!!! :D. I also hope that I find another of my games in an unexpected place sometime soon. Oh, WCW Mayhem for the PS1, where did you go? :(
Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 19elderscroll86
Member since 2011 • 751 Posts

Two weeks ago I found for 5 bucks a sealed final fantasy x-2 black label. I still havent opened it. Oops sorry it was at goodwill.

tpstyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tpstyles
Member since 2009 • 553 Posts

[QUOTE="everlong12"]I know this isn't an odd place but A few years back me and a buddy were at Gamestop and I was getting a Wii game. My buddy went to the manager and asked if they happen to have any used N64 games in the back. The manager told him he would check but that there was a good chance no. He asked him what game he was looking for and my buddy says Perfect Dark. To our suprise the manager came out laughing. He looked at us and said "sorry w don't have it used...But hell here's anew copy!" That was a great dayAshley_wwe
Heh, that's awesome! :D.
p.s. Gears of war 3 is gonna be so AWESOME! Unfortunatly i am only getting the steel book edition :(. I was going to get the one you are getting, but in Game it sold out and i couldn't be bothered to get it anywhere else :p, but oh well i'm getting Commander Dom with it :). What bonus character are you getting?tpstyles
The steelbook edition is awesome still, I was thinking of getting that but got the limited, of course :P. I am getting Mechanic Baird (and Adam Fenix as it's in this edition). I can't wait!!! :D. I also hope that I find another of my games in an unexpected place sometime soon. Oh, WCW Mayhem for the PS1, where did you go? :(

I guess it's awesome. I still wanted the one you are getting. I am actually happy to be getting Commander Dom. I do like Baird, but mechanical barid looks weird lool :P. Adam fenix is kool though.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

"Mortal Kombat" SNES cart at a church garage sale fund-raiser, how's THAT for "out of place"?

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I know this isn't an odd place but A few years back me and a buddy were at Gamestop and I was getting a Wii game. My buddy went to the manager and asked if they happen to have any used N64 games in the back. The manager told him he would check but that there was a good chance no. He asked him what game he was looking for and my buddy says Perfect Dark. To our suprise the manager came out laughing. He looked at us and said "sorry w don't have it used...But hell here's anew copy!" That was a great day

Also, back in Feb, my friend went into a random mom and pop shop, one of those that not only has new items but almost like a garage sale of the owners old stuff. She had remembered I had said I was looking for a good copy of Odin Sphere for PS2 and as she was looking for things in the shop she found a copy of the game in the garage sale part of the shop. The game was like 14 bucks and the disk is flawless, box is in great condition and the book looks like it was looked through maybe once. That was a great B Day present find!

everlong12

haha that's funny because I found a copy of Odin Sphere at a flea market two weeks ago for $10. Great find ;)

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Not necessarily an unexpected place, but I found a brand new Gamecube Gameboy Advanced Player at Goodwill for $10. Since I already had one, I sold it on Eaby last week for $60; made $50 in the end, not too shabby ;)

rwallacefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 rwallacefan
Member since 2005 • 4886 Posts

"Mortal Kombat" SNES cart at a church garage sale fund-raiser, how's THAT for "out of place"?

MonkeySpot
Geez talk about hilarious! Must have been one of those bad kids :P Any idea what church it was Monkey? :D that'd make it more hilarious.
Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Nismology
Member since 2009 • 649 Posts
Panzer Dragoon Saga brand new and sealed in Cash Generator for 50 pence... ...In my dreams. Seriously though, If this counts, I found the best games shop I've ever been to down a backstreet in the old city of Lincoln (UK). Bought quite a few games from them, including Worms Armageddon for N64, which is quite rare I think, for only 7.99. In a independent games shop in fishponds in bristol, I found a huge stack of C64 and Spectrum games on tapes. Unfortunately I don't own either system, so didn't really play much attention to them. They also had a load of intellivision games! This was two weeks ago.
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#16 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Found a copy of Space Channel 5 Part 2 (PS2) brand new for under 9 Euros which was around £6. In a small game/eletronic shop in Malta while I was on holiday.

Shyn_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shyn_1
Member since 2003 • 471 Posts

One time I was at the beach and saw something sticking out of the sand went to look and found a copy of Primal Rage for the SNES and it still worked. It's crazy still wonder how it got there.

DSmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 DSmon
Member since 2009 • 2220 Posts

not a legacy game, butI found NSMB DS on a battleship deck.:P

SpikeyAss777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SpikeyAss777
Member since 2011 • 167 Posts

Panzer Dragoon Saga brand new and sealed in Cash Generator for 50 pence... ...In my dreams. Seriously though, If this counts, I found the best games shop I've ever been to down a backstreet in the old city of Lincoln (UK). Bought quite a few games from them, including Worms Armageddon for N64, which is quite rare I think, for only 7.99. In a independent games shop in fishponds in bristol, I found a huge stack of C64 and Spectrum games on tapes. Unfortunately I don't own either system, so didn't really play much attention to them. They also had a load of intellivision games! This was two weeks ago.Nismology

I immediately stopped reading as soon as I read the part in bold, I was like "You lucky son of a!" :P Haha, I think that's a dream for everybody! I know there was a sealed copy of the game that sold at the recent Pax Prime event. If I recall correctly it went for $500, but I'm not 100% on that.

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 Nismology
Member since 2009 • 649 Posts
I immediately stopped reading as soon as I read the part in bold, I was like "You lucky son of a!" :P Haha, I think that's a dream for everybody! I know there was a sealed copy of the game that sold at the recent Pax Prime event. If I recall correctly it went for $500, but I'm not 100% on that.SpikeyAss777
Lol, you never know, it could happen! =P I bet it has happened at some point, maybe not for 50 pence. I hear Darkman got a pretty good deal on his copy.
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

Years ago, I went to Dollar General in a nowhere town most people will never hear of and they had sealed copies of Soul Edge. That was pretty sweet.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ashley_wwe
One time I was at the beach and saw something sticking out of the sand went to look and found a copy of Primal Rage for the SNES and it still worked. It's crazy still wonder how it got there.Shyn_1
Haha, talk about amazing!! Here's guessing some kid had a backpack with him with a few games (maybe ones he brought while around there), took it out, got distracted with something, put it down, and completely forgot about it. Haha, that's just me guessing though. Nice one :)
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Not really. I did go into a used game shop, and asked for a copy of either of the first two Tony Hawk pro skater games. He had Pro Skater 2 so I bought it, was kind of surprised he had it since I just randomly asked it when I went in.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

No legacy games but i saw they sell PS3/360/Wii and some games in a pharmacy close to where i live. o.o;

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ashley_wwe
Not really. I did go into a used game shop, and asked for a copy of either of the first two Tony Hawk pro skater games. He had Pro Skater 2 so I bought it, was kind of surprised he had it since I just randomly asked it when I went in.lensflare15
You should have had a look around, I think it's more fun that way :P. But that's cool :D.
No legacy games but i saw they sell PS3/360/Wii and some games in a pharmacy close to where i live. o.o;archvile_78
Wow, really? I've never heard of that one before! :lol: