Has anyone tried out Star Wars Battlefron 2 with the new progression system yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for reaperinthyname
reaperinthyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 reaperinthyname
Member since 2018 • 273 Posts

I'm considering getting this game because it just got a price cut, but I want to hear your opinions first whether the game is worth it with the new progression system.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Yeah, I tried it and it's still a really, really awful game

Like really awful.

If you don't have the first Battlefront, I suggest you get that one instead.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: What makes it so bad?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R4gn4r0k

@vfighter said:

The game just fails on a ground level, it's just not enjoyable.

Map design is bad, class system doesn't work and the gameplay is never something I've managed to enjoy.

The first battlefront was arcady and simple, sure, but at least it was fun.

Frankly the only thing I liked about Battlefront II was the arcade mode where you can run around as an overpowered jedi or sith hero and just slaughter the opposing soldiers. But even that was never as enjoyable as something like Jedi Knight or even The Force Unleashed.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58308 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@vfighter said:

The game just fails on a ground level, it's just not enjoyable.

Map design is bad, class system doesn't work and the gameplay is never something I've managed to enjoy.

The first battlefront was arcady and simple, sure, but at least it was fun.

Frankly the only thing I liked about Battlefront II was the arcade mode where you can run around as an overpowered jedi or sith hero and just slaughter the opposing soldiers. But even that was never as enjoyable as something like Jedi Knight or even The Force Unleashed.

OMFG give me another Jedi Knight! No emphasis on multiplayer, just a great campaign.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R4gn4r0k

@mrbojangles25 said:

OMFG give me another Jedi Knight! No emphasis on multiplayer, just a great campaign.

With EA behind the wheel, that's never gonna happen.

If they can't give us multiplayer or "games as a service" where it's just an economy they are selling us, than they are not even gonna bother.

I, among lots of people, were excited to see the singleplayer for Battlefront II. But it was the biggest afterthought I had ever seen. Just a zero effort, boring campaign that even failed at fan service, and frankly that was its only reason for existing.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58308 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

With EA behind the wheel, that's never gonna happen.

If they can't give us multiplayer or "games as a service" where it's just an economy they are selling us, than they are not even gonna bother.

I, among lots of people, were excited to see the singleplayer for Battlefront II. But it was the biggest afterthought I had ever seen. Just a zero effort, boring campaign that even failed at fan service, and frankly that was its only reason for existing.

Every time I hear "games as a service" I think "bleed us dry". It's scary how those string of words are sounding more and more like a good idea to publishers, and even to customers. The only remotely good model of a service-based game is the occasional MMO, and even then maybe 1 out of 10 MMO's has the quality, longevity, and so forth to make it feel like a worthwhile "service". Not a good track record, and still formed mostly around an economy.

But yeah, you are right; EA won't be releasing any more games that simply have people buying it and that's it; nope, they want to hook us and keep us on the line as long as possible. A future of half-games at full price with the remaining features and content doled out over time for a price.