Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

Poll Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing? (12 votes)

Animal Crossing 83%
Harvest Moon 17%

I have to go with AC. Maybe only because it’s what I’ve played since childhood and I’ve only played Harvest Moon A New Beginning on the 3DS. Which was still very enjoyable but limited I thought.

• 
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

The real answer is Stardew Valley :P

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#2 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@ArchoNils2: Still need to check that one out! I think the 8-bit look turned me off a bit though. :(

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

I always been a fan of Harvest Moon over Animal Crossing. I like the life of a farmer with Humans and I live in a City all my life, not knowing anything about rising crops and my first Harvest Moon game was on N64. I played the first Animal Crossing on Gamecube, I didn't like it as much as I did for Harvest Moon and I played just about all of Harvest Moon games and my last one was Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley on 3DS.

I'm totally looking forward to Harvest Moon on the Nintendo Switch whenever it's gonna be made.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

I buy each Animal Crossing so that gets my vote.

Harvest Moon I only had Frantic Farming and checked out very quickly to play something better.

What I know from a friend Harvest Moon is a dead series now anyway, and was called something new by key members of the original studio that reformed; think the game is called Ranch Story but don't quote me on that lol. It's much like a Bloodstained/ CastleVania situation.

@davillain- said: I'm totally looking forward to Harvest Moon on the Nintendo Switch whenever it's gonna be made.

Read the last paragraph above.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ: ?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain-: Harvest Moon will not get a Switch game because Harvest Moon stopped a while ago.

It does however have a Spiritual Successor game/ series. And developed by a lot of the same studio that made Harvest Moon games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ said:

@davillain-: Harvest Moon will not get a Switch game because Harvest Moon stopped a while ago.

Harvest Moon: Light of Hope is coming to Switch (Also PS4) this June. I'm sorry but what do you mean Harvest Moon games will not get a Switch game?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RSM-HQ

@davillain-: Is that a port of an older game or something, I've heared the series ended awhile ago.

*After checking seems my information is flawed. Sorry for the mistake. And thanks for the correction :)

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts
@ArchoNils2 said:

The real answer is Stardew Valley :P

This.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ said:

@davillain-: Is that a port of an older game or something, I've heared the series ended awhile ago.

*After checking seems my information is flawed. Sorry for the mistake. And thanks for the correction :)

At first, I thought I was out of the loop so no worries lol. I'll be getting Light of Hope for Switch so I can play it on the go.

Edit: I think you mean the whole Harvest Moon thing is ending is because. New Harvest Moon games are no longer part of the Bokujō Monogatari series, Natsume just took the HM name and started making their own crap games under the brand. The Bokujō Monogatari series is now called Story of Seasons. Natsume is now making clone game of Bokujou Monogatari because they own the name Harvest Moon, where as Marvelous the parent company had to rename the english games Story of Seasons. Unfortunately a lot of people don't know this, and the Natsume team get away with selling sub par clone games. Long time Harvest Moon fan here and I'm still okay with the series despite it went downhill.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RSM-HQ

@davillain-: On travels mostly play Splatoon 2 and Tropical Freeze right now. Still not a fan of the Switches weak battery life but can't question the quality of games the Switch has :)

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I never cared for Harvest Moon games. Too many chores every day, and if you refuse to do the chores for coupla days, your farm is down the drain.

So, the games felt like just too much hard work, and no fun at all.

Animal Crossing I love on all platforms. Great fun and very lively too. Love the little animal neighbours you can send letters to and so on. So personable little critters, and always have funny comments.

AC games also have great musical score that changes depending on the time of day. Fishing is great fun too, so is fossils and bugs and so on.

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

Spent more time with HM over AC so I'm going with that.