This topic is locked from further discussion.

kbmars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 kbmars
Member since 2008 • 1278 Posts

I've heard Bungie is all ready programing a HALO 4 any news?

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
Halo 3 was supposedly the last game in that series. If there is another Halo FPS it will most likely a different scenario and characters.
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mechworrior762
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts
I haven't heard that...form any reliable source, anyway. We have finished the Master Chief's story. Finished that fight. If such a thing existed, I highly doupt that it would be called Halo 4.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

Halo 3 was supposedly the last game in that series. If there is another Halo FPS it will most likely a different scenario and characters.Private_Vegas

Pretty much. I hope Bungie would make a new Marathon game instead of another Halo but I doubt that will happen given how many Halo fans there are compared to the small (although hardcore) Marathon fan community.

dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts
trust me the Halo "trilogy" is not over Bungie and Microsoft make so much money off of it they are not going to stop making it so i dont doubt that they have planes to make a 4th installment. they also do have the RTS coming out.
Intresca1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Intresca1337
Member since 2004 • 61 Posts

trust me the Halo "trilogy" is not over Bungie and Microsoft make so much money off of it they are not going to stop making it so i dont doubt that they have planes to make a 4th installment. they also do have the RTS coming out.dangerd0g24

The RTS is being developed by a different studio, not to mention Bungie and Microsoft have (for the most part) parted ways.

mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 mechworrior762
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts

trust me the Halo "trilogy" is not over Bungie and Microsoft make so much money off of it they are not going to stop making it so i dont doubt that they have planes to make a 4th installment. they also do have the RTS coming out.dangerd0g24

I think that if they came out with a HALO 4, they'd lose a lot of players, becuase it would be a stupid reserection, and a rip off. esp. after the whole "finish the fight" stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

[QUOTE="dangerd0g24"]trust me the Halo "trilogy" is not over Bungie and Microsoft make so much money off of it they are not going to stop making it so i dont doubt that they have planes to make a 4th installment. they also do have the RTS coming out.mechworrior762

I think that if they came out with a HALO 4, they'd lose a lot of players, becuase it would be a stupid reserection, and a rip off. esp. after the whole "finish the fight" stuff.

But Halo 3 ended on a cliffhanger. What was the deal with that planet with all the lights?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44179 Posts

Well I highly doubt that they are working on a "Halo 4" already and if there was even a bit of truth to what you heard then it would most likely be all over the place by now. Just wondering where you heard this rumour anyway? From a friend? From a friend of a friend of an uncle's cousin's nephew? :P

Anyway I'm 99.9% sure that there will be another game from Bungie using characters and/or aspects from the Halo universe. Whether it turns out to be called Halo 4 or not doesn't really matter too much to me as long as it follows the same greatness brought forth by the previous Halo games I'll love it just the same.

Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts

Well I highly doubt that they are working on a "Halo 4" already and if there was even a bit of truth to what you heard then it would most likely be all over the place by now. Just wondering where you heard this rumour anyway? From a friend? From a friend of a friend of an uncle's cousin's nephew? :P

Anyway I'm 99.9% sure that there will be another game from Bungie using characters and/or aspects from the Halo universe. Whether it turns out to be called Halo 4 or not doesn't really matter too much to me as long as it follows the same greatness brought forth by the previous Halo games I'll love it just the same.

Archangel3371

Well, Bungie did say in their latest update that they have 'quite a few projects underway' so I don't think it's too far a stretch of the imagination to assume they could be working on a new Marathon and Halo game.

porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts
maybe a pure fighter jet game with banshees and such =)
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

i havn't heard of anything like that. there is a rumor that there is going to be halo wars; a RTS with halo chracters. idk how that would be i don't like those kinds of games. (i'm not a halo fan boy)

i kind of want another halo just because of the ending of halo 3 "blah blah wake me when i'm needed"- normal ending. the other ending is the ship is moving towards some planet.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="mechworrior762"]

[QUOTE="dangerd0g24"]trust me the Halo "trilogy" is not over Bungie and Microsoft make so much money off of it they are not going to stop making it so i dont doubt that they have planes to make a 4th installment. they also do have the RTS coming out.sonicare

But Halo 3 ended on a cliffhanger. What was the deal with that planet with all the lights?

It's most probably a shield world like the one in the novel Ghosts of Onyx (possibly even Onyx itself). I do think there will be a new game featuring this new planet considering the last remaining Spartans outside of Master Chief himself all are inside Onyx and fans have been wanting a game with several Spartans for a long time.

kbmars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 kbmars
Member since 2008 • 1278 Posts
Yeah I heard it from my friend.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Well, Microsoft owns the rights to the Halo IP, and Bunjie recently went back to being independent. From what I've read in game informer, the next halo will still be published by Microsoft, but it won't be developed by bungie, who is said to be working on other projects.