Halo Infinite and Elder scrolls 6

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sayuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sayuta
Member since 2015 • 80 Posts

When Halo Infinite and Elder scrolls 6 come out for the next generation consoles. Do you think there a version of the game for the previous generation consoles. I hope so because I will not be able to afford the next generation consoles

Zeggelaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Zeggelaar
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

@sayuta said:

When Halo Infinite and Elder scrolls 6 come out for the next generation consoles. Do you think there a version of the game for the previous generation consoles. I hope so because I will not be able to afford the next generation consoles

To be honest if you had gone PC you wouldn't have had that problem :D

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Nope

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@zeggelaar said:
@sayuta said:

You might depending on the system requirements and what they have

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 5

#5 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

It could happen, though it's early to say. It's not like next gen consoles will be a massive leap like ps1-ps2. We're seeing gens be less of a huge leap, this gen particularly.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I think that it is very likely that they will be cross gen games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@sayuta said:

I think Halo Infinite will be available on the current gen consoles too, because that's what MS has been touting (forward and backwards compatibility - but I don't think it will last long with the OG XB1).

As for other non-MS developed games, I guess that's up to each developer. You'd think they'd want to release on current gen consoles too (at least the upgraded ones), to get maximum sales. But time will tell.

@zeggelaar said:
@sayuta said:

Um, he didn't say anything about PC...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

It would be a shame if The Elder Scrolls 6 had to be held back from it's true potential by being a cross gen game. Thankfully, I don't think that will happen. We know that Starfield is also going to be a next gen game and that it will be released before The Elder Scrolls 6, so that means that it will probably be at least 2 years into the next generation before The Elder Scrolls 6 is released and they should not still be doing any cross gen games at that point.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@sayuta: I don't see a last generation version of The Elder Scrolls VI. If Todd and Bethesda call it a next generation game, that's exactly what it is. The game won't go anywhere and knowing Bethesdas history will have a GotY edition years later with large expansions. So coming in late won't exactly be a bad thing.

@zeggelaar said:

Flawed logic. OP clearly has limited funding. Running a AAA game (decently) at least three years into the future, would be more expensive on P.C.; as would likely require upgrades to ones rig that far exceeds the expense of a PS5/ Xbox4.

Unless OP already had a high end P.C. by today standards? which he wouldn't if he's struggling to keep up with consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:

It would be a shame if The Elder Scrolls 6 had to be held back from it's true potential by being a cross gen game. Thankfully, I don't think that will happen. We know that Starfield is also going to be a next gen game and that it will be released before The Elder Scrolls 6, so that means that it will probably be at least 2 years into the next generation before The Elder Scrolls 6 is released and they should not still be doing any cross gen games at that point.

Starfield could still be cross-next. Let's see.

mmm

Edit: I think Cyberpunk will release at the same year as Starfield cause Mike Pondsmith said it will release Cyberpunk a few or 3 years. For Starfield it will take about 2 years. That is when the supposed new xbox is to be launched but I don't know about PS5. I guess it might launch next year after 5th gen xbox like how ps4 pro launched in 2016 and xbox one x released in 2017, a year later after ps4 pro.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

It won’t be for another 2 years probably. You can hopefully save enough money to buy a console by that time.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

@npiet1 said:
@zeggelaar said:
@sayuta said:

You might depending on the system requirements and what they have

Nah, you should see what people are using still and can run with it.

As for the question, pretty sure Halo Infinite and TES6 will be available for PS4 and Xbox One.

@storm_of_swords said:

I'm sorry but I don't think an Elder Scrolls (or Fallout 3 onward) game has ever reached it's true potential from a hardware and visuals standpoint. The games always look like shit, technically speaking. I like their art direction and overall appearance, don't get me wrong, but they're not exactly cutting edge.

It wouldn't be a shame if TES 6 could run on current-gen hardware; it'd be a farce if it could not.