Hack and Slash Pc Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Epoch8519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Epoch8519
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I thought the game I was thinking about was the original Sacred. But, now I'm thinking that I am wrong. I played a game on a demo disk from PC Gamer a long time ago that was around the time of Samurai Warrior (SICK GAME!! play it if you haven't). Soo back to the game. It was like sacred but I could use a controller and just attack the air if i wanted to. BUT it had combo's and stuff, you know like weapon kick kick weapon. And it all had different animations and stuff I thought the game kicked ass. YEARS later I think of it again and how I missed out on playing something that would have been awesome in my mind. But now we are stuck in the days of TARGETING SHEET. I hate having to target something. I play WoW on and off and I hate it for that reason alone. IM TIRED OF TABBING to a target. Can anyone help me think of this game or throw some suggestions out there. Its kind of like Baldurs Gate but REMEMBER it had a combo system, or was this Sacred only in demo form and they took this aspect out of the game. Thoughts?

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

Make that post readable and we might be able to help. Also you need to provide more info as what you describe covers a vast number of games

Epoch8519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Epoch8519

Ok it was a PC game based on a hack and slash game type. Came out around 1998, played by me on a demo disk. It was a top down 3rd person RPG. Its included as its main feature, a controller enabled fighting system. Used combos of weapon and kicks to generate like 3-6 hit combos that were fun to play with. I thought this game was "Sacred". But its seems after purchasing "Sacred" from Steam, that it was not the case. THOUGHTS?

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#4 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Is it Divine Divinity by any chance?

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/divinedivinity/index.html?tag=result;title;4

Epoch8519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Epoch8519

Nope, knock that one off the list. I could swear this was one of the best implementations ok a combo system in an RPG ever. It felt like playing Street fighter in an RPG. Like "Oh hell yeah these three guys need a fireball, electroshock, then mah 5 hit combo". IT WAS AWESOME. Im hoping it wasnt just in the demo and taken out of the game. Or maybe the game never came to be? Any thoughts of Vaporware that had a demo?

Kaim91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Kaim91
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts

Could it be any of the following:

Fallout 2, BG, BG Tales of
the Sword Coast, IWD, Planescape, BG2, BG2 Thrones of Bhaal, IWD2, IWD2
Heart of Winter, Might & Magic 7, Diablo 2, and Everquest

Copy-pasted btw.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Nope, knock that one off the list. I could swear this was one of the best implementations ok a combo system in an RPG ever. It felt like playing Street fighter in an RPG. Like "Oh hell yeah these three guys need a fireball, electroshock, then mah 5 hit combo". IT WAS AWESOME. Im hoping it wasnt just in the demo and taken out of the game. Or maybe the game never came to be? Any thoughts of Vaporware that had a demo?

Epoch8519

It was isometric, right (since you compared it to Sacred)?

If so then it's propably Revenant

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/revenant/index.html

Epoch8519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Epoch8519

Let me check that out. It sounds familiar now that I read the name.

Epoch8519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Epoch8519

THATS IT!!!! SICK GUYS!! Now i just need to see if I can get it running on Windows 7....

Chickan_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 Chickan_117
Member since 2009 • 16327 Posts

Awesome that you found it. Sorry for my initial abrupt response :)

I actually have got this game working on a Windows 7 laptop but I had to use a NOCD executable to do so as the game couldn't find my CD drive. Not sure if these are illegal or against the ToU. Please let me know if it is and I'll remove this post.

Epoch8519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Epoch8519

Cracking your games is completely legal NOW. As of late the Digital Millenium Copyright Act from 1998 just got ammended to include jailbreaking phones, cracking games and a couple other things for security purposes. So I found the game on Amazon, but i don't think that a Xbox controller for windows is going to work with it. If anyone can tell me if it works or how to get it to work it would be very appreciated. This games controls are intriguing. I wonder if there are any other more recent title that have controls like this? Anyone know?