Guitar Hero: 360 or PS2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts

I have been wanting to get Guitar Hero for sometime now, but there is one problem. There are two versions now. The 360 version and the PS2 version.

I want to get the version that will give me the most songs for a better price.

I heard that the Song downloads on XBL are crazy high

But the PS2 version has Guitar Hero 1 and 2, and is getting 80s version, as well as another version i think

Can someone tell me which one is the better deal? 

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
Do you own both consoles?
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts
atm the would recommend getting it for the ps2, theres really no difference other than the Downloadable songs (the reason i recommend this, is because M$ is having problems with their GH2 content).
Sagacious_Tien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Sagacious_Tien
Member since 2005 • 12562 Posts

It ia repeatedly stated by the reviews, including the GS one that the Xbox 360 version is better. Not only is the controller far better, it has a port for an upcoming foot pedal (the PS2 doesn't) and also has song downloads (PS2 doesn't) as well as 10 extra songs that the PS2 doesn't. Let alone how much better it looks and other graphical frills.

It also has a future on the XBox 360. The PS2 won't be getting Rock Band or Guitar Hero 3, whereas the Xbox 360 will. The controller also works with the Arcade game Boom Boom Rocket, if you would believe it.

The prices of the song downloads are neglible if you are really into this kind of game. They are 500 points for 3 songs which works out about $2 each. That's not too bad, though it is a bit steeper than people would like. However, depending on sales and feedback, additional downloads might be cheaper, or better.

The PS2 simply cannot do that.

So, overall, the Xbox 360 version is the one to get. 

Pegasus_Shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Pegasus_Shade
Member since 2005 • 897 Posts
10 average new songs, and better graphics??? Thats reason alone to get the 360 version If you dont have the control, I would reccomend saving 30 dollars and getting the ps2 version If you do, save 30 dollars on the game (talking au dollars of course so you'd probably save 15-20???) And I highly doubt that you would end up spending money for one extra song, especially if they are as extravagant as they apparently are Plus number one is only on ps2 Which was better (unless you really cary about graphics which you shouldnt on a game like this
iMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iMuffins
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts

It ia repeatedly stated by the reviews, including the GS one that the Xbox 360 version is better. Not only is the controller far better, it has a port for an upcoming foot pedal (the PS2 doesn't) and also has song downloads (PS2 doesn't) as well as 10 extra songs that the PS2 doesn't. Let alone how much better it looks and other graphical frills.

It also has a future on the XBox 360. The PS2 won't be getting Rock Band or Guitar Hero 3, whereas the Xbox 360 will. The controller also works with the Arcade game Boom Boom Rocket, if you would believe it.

The prices of the song downloads are neglible if you are really into this kind of game. They are 500 points for 3 songs which works out about $2 each. That's not too bad, though it is a bit steeper than people would like. However, depending on sales and feedback, additional downloads might be cheaper, or better.

The PS2 simply cannot do that.

So, overall, the Xbox 360 version is the one to get.

Sagacious_Tien

I agree. 

Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts
PS2 version. PS2 has 2 Guitar Hero games, the 360 only has one, you could save loads of scratch by getting the PS2 version.
nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Guitar Hero 1+2+ 80s certainly trumps GH2 with it's ten new songs (some of them true classics) and it's DLC, which is derived from GH1. If Activision revised their DLC policy and made available some of the 80s songs as downloads, the 360 version might gain a bit in value.

Jam_FDUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jam_FDUK
Member since 2005 • 904 Posts
The 360 version is good if you're a bit of an achievement addict (not that I'd know anything about that... *cough* *cough*).  I've never owned the PS2 versions, but I have heard they're the best.  I think the difficult on the 360 version is a tiny bit too tricky for most - plus there's all the hassle surrounding faulty guitars.
DaveGray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 DaveGray
Member since 2002 • 1551 Posts

Get the 360 version.

Yes, the downloadable prices are bunk, but looking to the future, getting the controller for the 360 makes more sense.  The PS2's life-cycle is ending, and the 360 is just getting started.  You'll get more long-run play from the Xplorer controller.

--Dave

zayas_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 zayas_81
Member since 2004 • 1743 Posts
The 360 version by far, for the previously stated reasons, but also for it community aspects. Online and Friend leaderboards are essential, the PS2 version does not provide that. I can almost guarantee that the 80s tracks will make it to the 360 eventually if not simultaneously, 360 owners have shown over and over that they throw their money to anything on their system, and developers love that. GHII just simply has a future with the 360, owning 2 guitars is awesome, and if you buy GHII and are planning on owning GHIII then you better get it for the 360, otherwise you would have a useless guitar laying around once GHIII hits.
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

Guitar Hero 1+2+ 80s certainly trumps GH2 with it's ten new songs (some of them true classics) and it's DLC, which is derived from GH1. If Activision revised their DLC policy and made available some of the 80s songs as downloads, the 360 version might gain a bit in value.

nopalversion

You have to consider long term though.  This isn't going to be the only version of Guitar Hero to come out on the 360.  In a few years, the 360 will have as many as the PS2, if not more.

bugsonglass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bugsonglass
Member since 2004 • 5536 Posts

I think you should get it for the 360.  As Zayas said it's not only the better version (and the one with the most songs) but it also has life ahead of it.  I'm saying this even though as I don't myself own a 360 I have both GH games on the PS2.

The only pro worth considering with regards to the PS2 version other than the difference in price is that you could simply buy the first game without needing the guitar peripheral (if you already get it with GHII), but in any case this argument could be countered with not needing to buy the guitar peripheral for the 360 for GHIII.

So in all, the 360 version is the obvious choice. 

hipsterparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hipsterparks
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hi this is my first time on the forums so hello to everyone, please be gentle

After owning a ps2 since launch here in the uk, i have this weekend crossed to the darkside and brought an xbox360. i also purchased guitar hero IIand am having a great laugh trying to get the hang off it.

My question is if i was to buy the original guitat hero game for the ps2would the 360x-plorer guitar work with the ps2 version? I kinda think there is no way that the same controller is going to work across the two platforms but its worth an ask.

So whatya think?