This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wolf-Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Wolf-Chief
Member since 2008 • 2894 Posts

Wich one is better God Of War or Devil May Cry?I couldn't make up my mind :) i give 10 pts. for both games

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
god of war is more casual gamer friendly imo. both are good. it depends on what kind of gamer are you. im pretty sure hardcore gamers will like devil may cry more than god of war...thats what i think.
sofaking_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 sofaking_bob
Member since 2008 • 446 Posts
i don't know about hardcore vs. softcore or whatever arguement you're trying to make, but personally, i prefer god of war because the series is tighter. dmc2 was garbage and 4 wasn't great either. GoW also takes a while longer to beat... i don't know.... that's just me.
Avatar image for LittleBigPeople
LittleBigPeople

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LittleBigPeople
Member since 2009 • 197 Posts
God Of War!
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
God of War
tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts

Both series are good for me;but if your going to buy any of the DMC games,like bob said avoid DMC2.

DManSteelerFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 DManSteelerFan
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts
lol no contest, GoW blows DMC away, into smithereens!
andybobbins16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 andybobbins16
Member since 2004 • 314 Posts
DMC I recently bought God of War and thought although it wernt a bad game was extremely overated and DMC is just pure cool not that I think anyone on here would agree lol
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#9 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
Depends on what you're looking for. If you want flash and depth, DMC. If you want more visceral combat and more puzzles, then GoW.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I always liked GOW more. DMC4 is decent but I never could be bothered to finish it. I'd never leave a God of War game unfinished.
rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts
I always liked GOW more. DMC4 is decent but I never could be bothered to finish it. I'd never leave a God of War game unfinished.Floppy_Jim
exactly story wise GOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>DMC i playing through DMC4 right now and its getting really boring!!! and it really makes no sense??? even GOW1 is better than DMC4 on newer hardware (kinda sad)!!!
peeweeshift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 peeweeshift
Member since 2004 • 3909 Posts

As a series God of War is stronger overall due to the weak second entry and the toned down DMC4. However 1 and 3 were spectacular games.

God of War 1 and 2 have sharper graphics and some amazing looking vistas and spectacular animation. The secret HD mode in 2 also made it look a lot better. Not including 2 the DMC series held it's own pretty well. The graphics engines weren't as sophisticated as GoW's but the designs of the levels were fantastic. The details on the castle architecture still blow away the ugly buildings you see in 'most' next-gen games. The soundtrack is hit or miss and the story is a pile of trash compared to God of War's plot. When it comes to gameplay however, DMC is hands-down the best. God of War has well choreographed interactive scenes with its context-sensitive button presses which are great but don't make up for the simple combat engine. I won't go as far as to call it a button-masher but it approaches that style of gameplay and you can get away with it on most of the harder difficulties as well. Devil May Cry rewards skill and memorizing your move lists and having quick fingers allows you to pull of some spectacular ariel combos and it feels really rewarding. It's the reason I'm going with Devil May Cry but if God of War 3 can change enough to outdo Devil May Cry 3 then it'll definitely deserve my vote but currently I don't feel the GoW franchise approaches Devil May Cry 3.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts

I've put more time into DMC. DMC is all about mastering the combat so you can beat DMD mode. Just running through on normal and hard doesn't do it justice. Its a deep game and the only stinker in the series is DMC2, which is not that awful.

GOW is a summer blockbuster. Its got amazing production values, a great story, and a solid, but shallow, combat system. The bosses are fun and Kratos is a great character. As a campaign, GOW is superior to many, many games. The puzzles are better than DMC, and the levels are better than DMC.

I get more excited for a GOW release due to its story, but DMC is a better game.

Am I the only one who enjoyed DMC4? I thought Nero was a good edition. He fit into the style of the game, while at the same time being completely different (buster, instant rev, etc.). Dante has also been perfected; on-the-fly style changes allow you to pull of some spectacular combos. Its akin to the manual being added to Tony Hawk.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I've gotten into and put more time into DMC. I didn't really care for GOW. Granted, GOW does have the better story though. I just like the combat a lot more in DMC games.
bbeastieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bbeastieboy
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

DMC I recently bought God of War and thought although it wernt a bad game was extremely overated and DMC is just pure cool not that I think anyone on here would agree lolandybobbins16

100% agreed.

God of War was a letdown for me. I bought it like 2 months ago and played it twice. DMC>GoW

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts

I tend to play games for their stories more (probably why I play so many RPG's) and DMC just does not deliver in that category. Also GoW's combat was more fun IMO. I loved the amount of brutality and gore! :P

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

DMC because the combat is so intricate and the aerial comboes = da bomb! Also in dmc4, weapon and ****switching made everything more technical and the world wide leader boards were a good idea. DMC1 being my favorite, then 3, then 4. I beat gow1 and gow2 and the story was better than dmc, however, I felt the combat was lacking..didn't really feel like there was much of a learning curve. I also felt like GoW you could even be successful with button smashing.

Stange13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Stange13
Member since 2009 • 105 Posts

Yes both are good games series but as mentioned DMC has some problems as a series. All around I would have to say GoW is my immediate choice.

Got_to_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Got_to_go
Member since 2009 • 2036 Posts

I'd probably go with GoW. In DMC3, (the only one I've beaten) the combat was very intricate, it's just many of the enemies I fought were extremely annoying. Dullahans, and those angel like things. They were no fun to fight, and there were too many of them. This may sound minor, but I think it's important for an action game to have satisfying combat.

GoW had satisfaction. You jump into a fight, murdering everything in sight, ripping a guy in half, and forcing a centaur to swallow your blades. It was viceral and fun, if a little more shallow. Also, a lot of the fights were focused on endurance. You had to keep your health up and properly use your magic over a very long fight with plenty of dangerous enemies, or die horribly. The story and presentation definately trumps DMC. (though I'm pretty sure this isn't what DMC was going for) My only complaint about GoW is occasionally fights feel as though they are specifically designed to annoy and frustrate the everloving crap out of you.

In the end, GoW was what I enjoyed more. Even if the combat is a bit shallow.

-Skatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 -Skatman-
Member since 2008 • 1068 Posts
God of War because greek mythology > demon stuff in my book anyday. The story is better IMO and the gameplay is just plain vicious. Plus the great puzzles and pace of the game make everything feel much more balanced than DMC to me.
ThugKing6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ThugKing6669
Member since 2008 • 725 Posts

Devil May Cry is better. I played the first God of War, got up to like the second or third level/chapter/mission, whatever they are called in that game, and ended up turning the game off out of boredom. I felt like I had done it all before. GoW just felt like a DMC clone to me. It didn't really feel different except for the lack of guns.

brain3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 brain3d
Member since 2009 • 176 Posts

God of war because DMC4 completely dented my opinion of the series. besides, who doesnt want to tear people in half?

EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts
I've played both series except for DMC2. I perfer GoW, maybe because the gothic thing of DMC is not my thing. I just pefer GoW.
JmanRBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JmanRBS
Member since 2006 • 394 Posts

I finished DMC a few weeks ago..and never finished GOW but I can say that I like God of War a hell of a lot more. I just like the setting and combat a lot better. Never played any other DMC or God of War game..but I WILL pick of God of War 2 soon

-Skatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Skatman-
Member since 2008 • 1068 Posts

I finished DMC a few weeks ago..and never finished GOW but I can say that I like God of War a hell of a lot more. I just like the setting and combat a lot better. Never played any other DMC or God of War game..but I WILL pick of God of War 2 soon

JmanRBS
Oh man you are in for a treat. I remember finishing GoW1 and I thought it was the best thing ever, I played GoW2 right away afterwords and it improved on everything that I thought was perfect in the first game :P
DManSteelerFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 DManSteelerFan
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts
Yeah, I know. The same with me, as much as I loved the 1st GoW, the 2nd one was freaking insane!
miladesn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 miladesn2
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts
neither, Ninja Gaiden is better.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#28 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

God of War is better, but Devil May Cry is still an awesome game.

Avatar image for deactivated-6224e9178325f
deactivated-6224e9178325f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6224e9178325f
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts

DMC for sure.