God Of War Ragnarok Will Be The Last God Of War In The Norse Mythology !!

supu2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 supu2020
Member since 2021 • 4 Posts

Official God Of War Ragnarok Trailer

The trailer shows us the game in action. God of War Ragnarok lead character Kratos who has just started a new journey with his son Atreus from distant battle. The God of War: Ragnarok game is directed by Eric William, who has been associated with Santa Monica Studios since 2004. He has been involved in making all the projects from God of War 1 to God of War 2018 and also Ragnarok. Erick William also confirm that god of war rangnrok will be the last god of war in the norse mythology.

We will also get to see the final events of Ragnarok in this game, all the Major Gods like Odin and many more which haven't shown in the trailer yet.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

This is such an epic setting and story I really thought we'd get a trilogy out of it. Kinda sad it's gonna end with just 2 games. But if this is the end of it I'm expecting a HUGE game to fit everything in.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 VFighter

This is such an epic setting and story I really thought we'd get a trilogy out of it. Kinda sad it's gonna end with just 2 games. But if this is the end of it I'm expecting a HUGE game to fit everything in.

LiamBeran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LiamBeran
Member since 2021 • 30 Posts

I am so freaking excited for this game!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

For the best if you ask me.

Was not personally a fan of some of the changes made with GoW4 but it was for the best after the studio previously made three duds back-to-back (Santa Monica Studio even skim over how they are the ones behind PlayStation All Stars)

Think the studio wanted to do God of War some justice after Ascension especially before they move onto another IP.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

Would love to see them get some creative freedom to do something else, then come back to this series when fresher.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VFighter

@RSM-HQ: What three duds did they make back to back exactly?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RSM-HQ

@vfighter said:

@RSM-HQ: What three duds did they make back to back exactly?

Purely from the studio- GOW: Ascension & PlayStation All Stars.

They also heavily assisted with the development of The Order: 1886.

Am aware some people praise these games, and claimed they are "underrated". People also say that for Sonic 06.

Doesn't stop them from being duds.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VFighter

@RSM-HQ: I didn't even know they had a hand in Playstation All Stars. Yeah that was a dud. You can't really count 1886, they might have helped but it wasn't their game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ
@vfighter said:

@RSM-HQ: I didn't even know they had a hand in Playstation All Stars. Yeah that was a dud. You can't really count 1886, they might have helped but it wasn't their game.

In all interviews it was Santa Monica Studio heads talking and even on the notes for DLC.

I think the idea of a Smash clone was more Sonys call than Santa Monica Studios want. The game is not great but I also do not think the team really knew what to do for the project anyhow, seemed very forced onto them.

As for The Order, Ready at Dawn (did) work in the same building as Santa Monica Studios, and Santa Monica Studios also had to stop development of its own projects to assist the team because they was way behind deadline. I recall some key staff stating that after all the delays Santa Monica Studio actually developed more of the game than Ready at Dawn. The reason the game is so short and has no real ending is because Ready at Dawn was not cut for a project at this size.

Ready at Dawn was also the team that use to do the PSP GoW games, and I suppose one could dub them back when the team existed as Santa Monica Studios B-Team.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kizza_Soze

Ascention was not a dud...The game just had no chance following GOW2 & 3....Those were just the peak of the summit.....So Ascention just didn't have a chance following on from the 2 greatest games in the series...and 2 especially being one of the greatest games ever at that time.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RSM-HQ

@kizza_soze: In all respects Ascension has more quick time events than any mainline entry, and manages to be the shortest game as well. Not including the PSP games Ascension is shorter than GoW1, and pretty sure Ghost of Sparta is double the length of Ascension. The only spectacular boss in Ascension was the one in the intro. The changes to combat overall as well was not well received.

All other assets/ time and resources went towards a multiplayer mode no GoW fan asked for. Also worth noting the PVP mode featured a pay-to-win model just like Uncharted 3; which made the mode completely pointless.

Speaking of pointless_ what was the plot really about in honesty? set before the first game but retconning out Chains of Olympus as well. It was about freeing himself from a pact with Ares & Furies, so he can kill Ares. Despite that not even being on his mind with the beginning of the first game. Ascension retcons a lot of the original games and adding nothing of interest. Only confusion. Furies as well are a bad c&p of the Sisters of Fate from GoW2.

Campaign is short and disappointing with altered combat for a less enjoyable experience. The PVP is all about spending money or dying to players that spent a lot of money. It sold poorly and is poorly received overall.

If the GoW reboot didn't do well it was documented to be the studios last game, that is why they got Cory Barlog back to make sure the direction is solid.

*I'm fine with people defending it as a good looking game, though Ascension was a full priced game ontop of relying players to spend in a sea of microtransactions. It is the worst mainline GoW game, both PSP games are better (GoS is one of the series best), and Ascension had just as big a budget if not bigger than most the console games. As such is judged on its failures.

Not telling people they cannot like Ascension, but a dud it is.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kizza_Soze

@RSM-HQ:

I agree on the unnecessary mp, I haven't finished the game yet, so was unaware how long it was compared to others, but I have enjoyed the 4 or 5 hrs so far I've put into it. I still have my PS3 copy & will finish it one of these days as I really miss that style of play & the camera, scope, vistas, etc of those games..I also have COO & GOS on psp & I think as a collection on PS3, so need to get those out of my pile of shame.

Maybe SSM were just trying to knock out too many of these games, too quickly, & Ascension suffered a little due to that. Fact is though, had those other games never come out & Ascension was the 1st we'd seen of Kratos, I still would have loved the game to bits & wanted more.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ

@kizza_soze: I do not dislike the developer, overall they've given me a lot of games I have greatly enjoyed. As you I enjoy this franchise heavily.

While I do not put any GoW as high up as the premium entries in the Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry series. I always enjoyed GoW shaking things up with good puzzles as well. And outside of Ascension the series has been consistently enjoyable.

Ascension I played on release and did not enjoy, one puzzle was pretty neat (chain puzzle) and the rest of the game fell apart and over in a single sitting. My time was four hours on a first playthrough. Much like the Smash clone, felt like a very pointless use of the developers time.

Luckily I do believe the PVP mode is gone and microtransactions removed from the store, which at least gets rid of that baggage.

GoW2/ GoW:GoS/ and GoW3 are all tied as my favorite entries in the God of War series. Outside Ascension I think they are all worth playing. GoW(4) is not a game I think changed in a way I would like but is an undoubtedly good/ great game for what it is.

Hope Ragnarok is excellent for those who want it. I personally find the camera in GoW4 a hindrance on the slasher genre and spending too much time being a walking simulator for my personal preference. Controls are tight, parry is cool. Attacks have weight and impact but fails in other areas and ditches aspects that made me a fan of the series.

Againstcurent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Againstcurent
Member since 2021 • 147 Posts

Will the game be released on Steam

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kizza_Soze

Glad it's ending, as the grief latter Gow's (after 3) copped for sticking to the same tried and true formula was unwarranted, but a warning to how fickle gamer's can be..

I want to see SSM do something new & fresh & hopefully inspired...then maybe they can come back to Gow with fresh ideas in 5yrs or so....or even better, have a huge new IP that can give us a few bangers, then move onto fresh meat again.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

I think it's time to lay the God of War series to rest while it still has a respectable track record. After Ragnarok I'm really hoping for a new IP from SSM. Maybe even a new genre too. That would really prove that they're masters of their craft.

Avatar image for blackacezero777
blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18 blackacezero777
Member since 2021 • 353 Posts

I'm kind of iffy on this one. On one hand, I think it is good that they see an end goal in sight, but on the other, unless the story can be wrapped up in one game, I feel this may not be a good idea. I felt the game needed to at least be a trilogy as it seemed to want to expand even further and was at least hoping they would explore more about the worlds, but time will tell.

Avatar image for blackacezero777
blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19 blackacezero777
Member since 2021 • 353 Posts
@RSM-HQ said:

@kizza_soze: I do not dislike the developer, overall they've given me a lot of games I have greatly enjoyed. As you I enjoy this franchise heavily.

While I do not put any GoW as high up as the premium entries in the Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry series. I always enjoyed GoW shaking things up with good puzzles as well. And outside of Ascension the series has been consistently enjoyable.

Ascension I played on release and did not enjoy, one puzzle was pretty neat (chain puzzle) and the rest of the game fell apart and over in a single sitting. My time was four hours on a first playthrough. Much like the Smash clone, felt like a very pointless use of the developers time.

Luckily I do believe the PVP mode is gone and microtransactions removed from the store, which at least gets rid of that baggage.

GoW2/ GoW:GoS/ and GoW3 are all tied as my favorite entries in the God of War series. Outside Ascension I think they are all worth playing. GoW(4) is not a game I think changed in a way I would like but is an undoubtedly good/ great game for what it is.

Hope Ragnarok is excellent for those who want it. I personally find the camera in GoW4 a hindrance on the slasher genre and spending too much time being a walking simulator for my personal preference. Controls are tight, parry is cool. Attacks have weight and impact but fails in other areas and ditches aspects that made me a fan of the series.

You're in the same boat as me. I like the original series, but what has kept me interested in this current series is the story and mythos.