deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Would gamers be interested in a new ghost in the shell game?

I don't mean the recent one but a game develop by an AAA studio.

Should the game be exclusive becuase historically the game was released on PlayStation. On a marketing and gaming perspective I think this would be really good idea. With games like cyberpunk 2077 releasing, Sony will sure capatailize the cyberpunk genre me thinks. It would be dumb if they didn't. A win-win solution for both.

Idk, I think it would be a possibility since we all know corpations like money.

So, what you guys think, yes or no?

Exclusive for PlayStation or multiplatform?

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

User Lists: 0

#2 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

Hi I'm the Ghost in the Shell expert here. I would LOVE a Ghost in the Shell video game to exist. I was dissapointed that that First Assault game was just a multiplayer game. There was no story. No Campaign. And everyone saw it as whining if I wanted one. I was even more dissapointed with the fact it shut down 2 years ago.

I would love the first Mulitplat GITS video game. Maybe one based off the first Manga. Maybe one based off the SAC 1 and and 2?

I don't want Sony ponies to act entitled to another exclusive but know that they put lots of budget into video games with scifi themes maybe it would help.

I do recall that past Ghost in the Shell games where typically

-shooters

-platformers

-awkward

-repetitive

-glitchy

-short

-had bland environments lacking color

-Sexy

-detached from narrative beyond the walky talkies.

What I would love most is a basic video game based on GITS_SAC:FA. Someone mod a first person shooter campaign mode. into that game I would be set for life!

Maybe if Bandai or Production IG would stop licensing games to such weak inferior hardware Ghost in the Shell would really shine! If I see GITS on the Switch or Smartphone Imma throw a riot. Just kidding.

But seriously make a legit GITS game. We want our anime games to be good and I know that's rare.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Would only work as an investigative adventure game with a few scripted action scenes. Most people are gonna want an action game, so I will say no.

We're already getting Cyberpunk 2077, which has more of the '80s punk aesthetic than any Ghost in the Shell has had since the original manga, so whatever.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15947 Posts

Would be great if cyberpunk make a collab with GiTS

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#5 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Yeah I think it would really work.

minishcapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 minishcapper
Member since 2019 • 37 Posts

The GITS game on the PS1 is one of my favorites. Great game design, plus it had anime clips using Shirow's style. Fantastic game. A sequel to that would be amazing. I think the company that made it was bought by Sony and absorbed into its other studios. Would only be interested in it if it was a Japanese dev and they were giving it a real AAA budget.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#7 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@watercrack445:

Why do you think a PlayStation exclusive is a good idea?

Does it make you happier if fewer people play it?

Does it make you happy when you see a homeless person on the street? That you have money and he or she does not?

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

@kadin_kai: So, multiplatform? I should've add a poll.

The exclusive part has do with Japan

Japanese are pretty loyal to Sony because it's a japanese company while Microsoft is Western company. So, sometimes games made from Japan make exclusive to PlayStation.

There is also a lot japanese games made exclusive to Nintendo switch too.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

I would love to see a Ghost in the Shell game but sadly I don't really think it would do well. It hasn't been mainstream as an anime in quite some time and they also didn't do that great of a job with the recent movie release. I'd much rather see Appleseed tbh or Dominion Tank Police because they'd be more action-packed but they probably wouldn't do well either.