Gamestop is crap...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Twiztid-Maddox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Twiztid-Maddox
Member since 2003 • 699 Posts

In store they don't give you your preorder items, on the internet they cancel your orders... Shame on them, I hope they fall apart like Blockbuster...

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

And I like how you don't back up those claims. It can happen with any company for a number of legit reasons.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

So. Let me get this straight. Because you haven't gotten your toys once or twice, you wish unemployment on thousands of people in some of the worst economic times the United States has ever seen...

Pretty selfish and extremist for a "Lamb of God."

Please tell me you are 13 and don't know any better. Please.

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

i notice that for a while now :|

Twiztid-Maddox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Twiztid-Maddox
[QUOTE="Phantom_Leo"]

So. Let me get this straight. Because you haven't gotten your toys once or twice, you wish unemployment on thousands of people in some of the worst economic times the United States has ever seen...

Pretty selfish and extremist for a "Lamb of God."

Please tell me you are 13 and don't know any better. Please.

You obviously don't know Lamb Of God is a metal band... No I'm not 13, I just wonder why Gamestop sucks when it comes to taking care of business...
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

Gamestop does suck. I've know that for years. I usually buy from Gogamer, Amazon or Steam.

gamefree2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 gamefree2
Member since 2006 • 2073 Posts

We all know Gamestop is crap.

Twiztid-Maddox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Twiztid-Maddox

Glad I'm not the only one that hates Gamestop, wanted to see if I was or not... Thanks for all contributions to my thread...

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

There way overpriced, but the people in store are usually very friendly and they do a lot of promotions for the games which helps the industry as a whole...sooo...I don't want them to dissolve.

SirRiffAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SirRiffAlot
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

Most of the time it's not the store's fault that the pre-order bonuses don't get handed out. The people who were handling it during shipping could have screwed up the shipping and lost it. It's not like it matters too much either. You're getting the game at least!

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I have not had a problem with them and preorder but one time they have me a PC instead of the x-box code so I went back and they change for no problem.

Another store have "Free rental" with a preorder and I never got that.

smchacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#12 smchacko
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

gamestop sucks

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
Actually, I love GameStop. If they still had Xbox games, I would be buying them all the time.
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

EB is the same are they not? and I have no probablys with them

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
The best video game store I have ever visited was Game Crazy, but sadly they went out of buisness in my town. So now all I have to go to is Game Stop. It sucks because I hate that place too.
Actually, I love GameStop. If they still had Xbox games, I would be buying them all the time.muthsera666
There's a Game Stop that still sells Xbox games. I think its just some stores do and some don't. I know my local one don't but the one two towns over does.
Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

Gamestop is not too bad. It all depends really on which store you go to. I haven't really had any problems with them, recently that is.

CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts

The greed of shops like GameStop that make a binge-eating Hutt look like a Milan model. Their industry-breaking "Trade fifteen games you bought last week for one this week" scam allows them to resell games at "second hand prices". A leading team of scientists and economists are hoping to measure the difference between second hand prices and the regular retail price using a microscope, a supercomputer and five precisely calibrated millionths of a dime.

This racket allows them to make up to 400% profit on every title (because you can sell the same used game over and over again), which we think is slightly more profit than you're allowed to make without being technically considered a racketeering outfit. Total sales last year were seven billion dollars, otherwise known as "Holy ****ing ****" money, and of the money made on used games, approximately zero of it went back to the people who actually make the games.

Cracked

I'll just leave this right here (Scroll down to #2 "Video Games On Disc"). I also hate how they give you $15 for a used, new game, and sell it for $15 less than market value. And I'll add this.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
There are two gamestops near where I live. One where the employees are a bunch of non-gaming ******** and the other where the employees are huge gaming enthusiasts. The people working there are very nice and there is a guy there I talk to occasionally because he is a big jrpg fan like myself. Besides, how else am I going to get some rare ps2 games that are overpriced online.
runekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 runekey
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

Shut yer face. GameStop is awesome.

memphishigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 memphishigh
Member since 2006 • 269 Posts

Shut yer face. GameStop is awesome.

runekey
Or more accurately gamestop was awesome
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Glad I'm not the only one that hates Gamestop, wanted to see if I was or not... Thanks for all contributions to my thread...

Twiztid-Maddox

I've never had a problem with Gamestop in the past.

Every time I pre-ordered a game, I would always get the game I wanted the day it came out. The one and only time that happened was for a game I wanted and did the "Pick Me Up" service - Legends Of Wrestlemania, if I remember correctly. Man that game was terrible!

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 muthsera666
[QUOTE="muthsera666"]Actually, I love GameStop. If they still had Xbox games, I would be buying them all the time.JuggaloRandall
There's a Game Stop that still sells Xbox games. I think its just some stores do and some don't. I know my local one don't but the one two towns over does.

Wow. I didn't think any of them still had them. I haven't seen any for a while, but then, there are only like four stores in an hour driving radius.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I agree Gamestop is crap. Prices are way too high, piss poor trade in values, & will cheat you at every turn.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

There is literally no reason at all to pre-order from gamestop.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

In store they don't give you your preorder items, on the internet they cancel your orders... Shame on them, I hope they fall apart like Blockbuster...

Twiztid-Maddox
I've never had either of those problems you describe. The only times I recall that gamestop couldn't give everyone their preorder items is when the PS2 launched and there was a shortage of consoles, and same for the Wii launch.
Gnosis13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Gnosis13
Member since 2010 • 366 Posts

Strange, I've never had a bad experience with gamestop. Maybe some go to gamestop for the wrong reasons? I go there if I need a system or controller, and sometimes you can find old games for next to nothing. I picked up a copy of ICO the other day for five dollars. If I need a game that is not considered "mainstream" I use the internet.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 muthsera666

[QUOTE="Cracked"]

The greed of shops like GameStop that make a binge-eating Hutt look like a Milan model. Their industry-breaking "Trade fifteen games you bought last week for one this week" scam allows them to resell games at "second hand prices". A leading team of scientists and economists are hoping to measure the difference between second hand prices and the regular retail price using a microscope, a supercomputer and five precisely calibrated millionths of a dime.

This racket allows them to make up to 400% profit on every title (because you can sell the same used game over and over again), which we think is slightly more profit than you're allowed to make without being technically considered a racketeering outfit. Total sales last year were seven billion dollars, otherwise known as "Holy ****ing ****" money, and of the money made on used games, approximately zero of it went back to the people who actually make the games.

CRS98

I'll just leave this right here (Scroll down to #2 "Video Games On Disc"). I also hate how they give you $15 for a used, new game, and sell it for $15 less than market value. And I'll add this.

Then why would you use GameStop to trade games. If you know their policy and still use it, then you can only blame yourself.
CRS98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CRS98
Member since 2004 • 9036 Posts
[QUOTE="CRS98"]

[QUOTE="Cracked"]

muthsera666

Then why would you use GameStop to trade games. If you know their policy and still use it, then you can only blame yourself.

I don't, that's the point. It's been a very long time since I even dealt with them.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts

Strange, I've never had a bad experience with gamestop. Maybe some go to gamestop for the wrong reasons? I go there if I need a system or controller, and sometimes you can find old games for next to nothing. I picked up a copy of ICO the other day for five dollars. If I need a game that is not considered "mainstream" I use the internet.

Gnosis13
I haven't had a problem with them either. I do think it depends on the what store you go to. There are bound to be stores that are poorly managed, it happens with a lot of companies across the country.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#30 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
My gripes with EB are their memorized spiels when you go to buy a game - "Do you want the used version? It's $5 less. Do you want the strategy guide with that? Do you want scratch protection with that? Do you want to get an Edge membership? Do you want to preorder so and so game out next month?" They also have a tendency to underestimate how many orders they need, which is a byproduct of the ridiculous preorder business. So good luck going in there on release day trying to buy a game if you haven't preordered. If I can avoid buying a game from EB, I will. Thankfully Amazon.ca has started to offer preorder bonuses as well, so I'm not stuck going to my local EB. The only time I'll go there is is they have a sale on a particular game.
Winstonator94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Winstonator94
Member since 2010 • 35 Posts
The Gamestop near me has been sucking lately too (used games that won't start up and I have to return them? cmon..), try using amazon for games? I switched to them and it's been great so far
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Actually, I love GameStop. If they still had Xbox games, I would be buying them all the time.muthsera666

All the Gamestops and EBGames here where I live still sell Xbox games... and PS/N64 games too. *HAHAHA*

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 muthsera666

[QUOTE="muthsera666"]Actually, I love GameStop. If they still had Xbox games, I would be buying them all the time.foxhound_fox
All the Gamestops and EBGames here where I live still sell Xbox games... and PS/N64 games too. *HAHAHA*

So, yeah, where did you say you lived? Road trip!!

kussese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34 kussese
Member since 2008 • 1555 Posts

I love my local gamestop. Paying 35 bucks for a used (and working fine) copy of God of War 3 there is a lot better than paying 60 bucks at Target. I don't sell games, but if you don't like the price they're willing to pay, why not sell them somewhere else?

seanehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 seanehawk
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

Buying from Gamestop is just fine. They do not cancel orders, And always give the pre-order bonuses. In fact, I've gotten pre-order bonuses even when I didn't pre-order it, because they always have tons of extras. Staff always know what they're talking about, and are friendly.

Trade-ins there are awful though.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 muthsera666

[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="CRS98"]I'll just leave this right here (Scroll down to #2 "Video Games On Disc"). I also hate how they give you $15 for a used, new game, and sell it for $15 less than market value. And I'll add this.CRS98

I don't, that's the point. It's been a very long time since I even dealt with them.

My point is that there's no sense of complaining when there are obviously numerous people who are satisfied by the way GameStop does things. Complaining about their greed doesn't mean much when the consumers are voting that they support it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

So, yeah, where did you say you lived? Road trip!!

muthsera666

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We also have stores called "PNP Games" that specialize in delivering games from almost any console/handheld (even back to the Master System, but nothing earlier oddly), and reasonably marked up too (that is, far better prices than you'll get at EB/GS, but they still have to make a profit, and its a local business, so supporting it is more "feel-good").

There are some games, like anywhere, that cost more than they should, but overall they offer some fantastic deals that are hard to get anywhere else, even eBay.

aca247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 aca247
Member since 2010 • 206 Posts

i dont see why people complainif you dont like it got to target where you can get cod 4 for 40 dollars, but instead i chose tto get it at gamestop for 15

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts

I love gamestop it's awesome.

darthvader1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 darthvader1993
Member since 2005 • 914 Posts

I have a good store near me, Gamestop can be really good if you know your way around the system.

-for one, NEVER trade in unless you need to get rid of older games in bulk that have a low-demand for online sites like Ebay.

-2) Keep an eye out for trade-in offers, or sales like the one right now.

-3) Their used games have a "garunteed to play" policy, they are FAR more reliable than many online sellers.

-4) BE SMART, USE COMMON SENSE. Don't like the price? Don't buy it. "Deals" don't always mean a good price.

-5) pre-order only if you are positive the game will be good, always keep the online reciept...

Just a few.