games you like that everyone else dosent

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for klonoafanboy122
klonoafanboy122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 klonoafanboy122
Member since 2013 • 232 Posts

what games do you enjoy that others hate

heres mine

atelier rorona

While some people liked it and it ha developed somewhat of a cult following it seems to get harsh reviews from sites like ign and even gamespot i think its actualy a pretty fun game and it has a strange charm to it that keep me coming back for more.

tekken 6

its still the same great tekken gameplay we had in the last 5 games so i dont see what people have against it.

jet force gemini

i dont see what people have against this game i think its one of rareweres best games great gameplay,great graphics,aweome music what more do people want yes its abit repetetive but that dosent mean it cant be fun at times ^^.

sonic 3d blast

Oh im gonna get so much hate for admitting i like this game but you know what i dont care this game if you get past the controls is a really fun game with a damm fine soundtrack and good graphics for genesis standerds i mean its not as bad as people make it out to be.

thats mine whats yours?

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I really dig Halo, and that seems to get a lot of hate. Or at least it used to. I guess now it's just not getting much discussion at all, which seems far worse.

I used to put Dead Rising on lists like this too, but people seem mostly pleased with DR3 so I'm not sure if that counts anymore.

And I don't care how broken they were, I loved the Force Unleashed games. Objectively I know they were broken, full of QTEs that took you out of the moment, and generally pretty flawed. But I still played each of them and enjoyed every minute spent with them regardless of all that. I would eagerly purchase a third if they ever decided to make it, though I am not sure how that would work now that EA has the license.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#3 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

With you ^^^^ on the Force Unleashed. Though I have yet to play 2, the first was one of my favorite experiences of the gen.

I didn't mind Aliens Colonial Marines. Maybe because it was my first Aliens game, but I thought it was a good time. I was glad I didn't spend $60 on it, borrowed it for free.

I am currently having a decent time with Star Trek.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames and Captain America: Super Soldier.

My favorites in my two favorite genres this generation. Mercs 2, whiile not technically impressive was jam packed full of explosions and collapsing buildings. Not to mention your character is practically cheap-death-proof.

Cap was nowhere near as polished as Arkham Asylum and story progression was handled much more linearly. All the same, with only one gadget at his disposal, Cap managed to outshine AA and even put a dent in my awe for the subsequent release of Arkham City.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

@El_Zo1212o said:

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames and Captain America: Super Soldier.

My favorites in my two favorite genres this generation. Mercs 2, whiile not technically impressive was jam packed full of explosions and collapsing buildings. Not to mention your character is practically cheap-death-proof.

Cap was nowhere near as polished as Arkham Asylum and story progression was handled much more linearly. All the same, with only one gadget at his disposal, Cap managed to outshine AA and even put a dent in my awe for the subsequent release of Arkham City.

Batman would be much better with a Vibranium disc to hurl at the Joker. This is fact and cannot be refuted.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#6 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts
  • Halo 4
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Kingdom Hearts

These would be my top five. None of them are extremely hated, and some of them are adored by many, but each of these has a vocal group against them (save Lords of Shadow, I'd argue) and all rank as some of my favorites.

touchscreenpad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By touchscreenpad
Member since 2013 • 220 Posts

Not exactly everyone, but just between my friends. I liked Darksiders but one of my friends didn't like it.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts
  • F1 Race Stars - I always come back to this now and then for a bit of mindless fun, decent enough karting game with less emphasis on sliding and more on braking.
  • Black Ops 2 - Never played a FPS with so many options, downside to me is mainly the campers.
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Love the graphics/art style and the combat is second to none.
  • The Amazing Spider-man - Sure the graphics could do with an update but it's great fun swinging around a gigantic city plus it has some of the best boss fights I've ever experienced.
Tqricardinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tqricardinho
Member since 2013 • 477 Posts

Final Fantasy XII.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 El_Zo1212o

@187umKILLAH: @ZZoMBiE13: Agreed. So many people wrote it off over the combat, though. Everyone was so busy comparing it to Batman that they missed how different it was.

@187umKILLAH: Amazing Spiderman suffered from the same problem The Force Unleashed did- as a handheld game, it was amazing, but as a console game it was less impressive

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

@El_Zo1212o: True but regardless I still enjoy it as it is, it's like it was primarily designed for handhelds but I don't own any current or last gen handhelds so I gotta make do. I still thought it was better than most games released that year, just my opinion.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts
  • Any open world game with vehicles and weapons which isn't GTA.
  • Mafia II
  • Splinter Cell HD Trilogy (this one isn't so much of a game, but rather a collection of games, but I will count it anyway)
  • When i'm on GTA forums, GTA V
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I like Sonic 3D Blast too, but the Saturn version. There's nothing bad or broken about it; it just uses its own formula of progression rather than following the traditional Sonic one. The special stages are also ridiculously fun.

Loading Video...

edit: broken ass GS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-bPLZb-Ue8

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

Halo 4 , some really hated it but i loved it . waaaaayy better than halo 3 and halo reach.

The Punisher . one of the best games i ever played , and yet it got 64 on metacritic

Batman Begins : best graphics on ps2 , and amazing gameplay . it got 6 on gamespot :(

Beyond two souls : many people didn't like it because it was too cinematic . i kinda agree that 60$ for a game that doesn't have a lot of gameplay is too much . but it was a beautiful movie/game .

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Too much unlike the others they said. -.-

Skyrim: all my shooters and sports buff gamers are missing out,'

Borderlands 2: guns, co-op, guns, customization's, tons of DLC, plenty of characters and skills catering to every playstyle, guns, raid bosses, guns, flawless characters funny dialogue and semi interesting plot and yes even once more so man guns. Yet i can only get a few people to play with me.

And vice versa of your topic would be Candy Crush. I don't see what's the big deal with this game. Get off your phone you're on it enough as it is.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

Katamari games, Rumble Roses XX, Theme Hospital, Evil Islands, Jagged Alliance 2 BIA remake, Zanzarah, Ghostbusters, Need for Speed most wanted (2005 version)

^ some of these are not my favourite games, but I liked them more then I expected... especially since most of them got bad or average reviews. Theme Hospital is maybe the greatest game of its type ever made but got the worst reviews. You just can't go by reviews or other peoples angry opinions, sometimes you have to try things yourself.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

ANY Playstation exclusive.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

The most recent one is Knack... I really enjoyed it.

huerito323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19 huerito323
Member since 2009 • 1432 Posts

@bowchicka07 said:

Borderlands 2: guns, co-op, guns, customization's, tons of DLC, plenty of characters and skills catering to every playstyle, guns, raid bosses, guns, flawless characters funny dialogue and semi interesting plot and yes even once more so man guns. Yet i can only get a few people to play with me.

And vice versa of your topic would be Candy Crush. I don't see what's the big deal with this game. Get off your phone you're on it enough as it is.

Not trying to be rude, but Skyrim and Borderlands 2 on this list makes no sense. Skyrim is one of the most popular games ever. It created a huge fanbase. Yes it has haters, but that happens with every popular video game. Borderlands 2 is another highly praised game. This was supposed to be games that almost nobody gives a crap about, and your list has 2 games that are very popular with fans. Again, makes no sense.

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Force Unleashed: Gameplay was fun and exciting, and the story was good. Never played the second one though.

Final Fantasy 13: Story wasn't the best, but still enjoyable. I also enjoyed the gameplay a lot.

Halo ODST and Halo Wars: Not the best games in the series but still great games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

Spark World for Super Famicom

Neo Bomberman for Neo Geo

Twinkle Star Sprites for Neo Geo

Miracle Girls for Super Famicom

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon for Mega Drive

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S for Game Gear

Money Idol Exchanger for Neo Geo

Money Idol Exchanger for Gameboy

Kyattou Ninden Teyandee for Famicom

iamllamapie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#23 iamllamapie
Member since 2012 • 297 Posts

40 Winks (PS1) - Only me and one friend ever played it as kids. Grown up now, no one really knows of it and those who do don't like it that much.

Anarchy Reigns (360/PS3) - I love Platinum games and this game was pure chaos, OTT action and missions were trials that could get very challenging. Their first multiplayer game and the online was great. Loved playing Deathball as Bayonetta. Yet not many people agreed with me.

Yakuza Dead Souls (PS3) - I love this series and this non-canon game was taken too seriously by the public. I found it an enjoyable experience with a different take on the series.

Silent Bomber (PS1) - One of my favorite PS1 games. It's an arcade-like sci-fy game where you use lots of different types of bomb to dispatch enemies and bosses. Take a bit of thinking and timing to. Rather unforgiving but fun all the same...even if the voice acting is lame

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

MGS2

FF13

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#25 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Final Fantasy 13-2, Transformers Fall of Cybertron, Top Spin 4, Pro Evolution Soccer series, Timesplitters, WWE Here Comes the Pain, Dragonball Z Budokai 3, Battlefield 1942, Battle for Middle Earth 2, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, Bubsy, Red Alert 1, Need For Speed Underground 1 & 2, Sonic Racing All Stars Transformed, The Lord of the Rings Two Towers,

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

I'm enjoying X-Rebirth at the minute, despite its abysmal review scores (highest score on Metacritic is 47...Yikes!). But since the gazillion patches, it's much better in terms of performance and stability. It's still convoluted as hell, but all the X games have been so that's not really an issue for me.

I also really liked Divinity: Dragon Commander, which literally nobody talks/cares about. There's a lot to like about it and it got good review scores, but it was quickly forgotten which is a shame because it really has some cool concepts.

I'm probably the only person that enjoyed FEAR 3...

I always hear negative things about Chivalry: Medieval Warfare's mechanics being broken and stuff, but I think it's one of the best games of the decade.

I liked Spec Ops The Line's GAMEPLAY (and story of course but pretty much everyone who played it liked the story).

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By El_Zo1212o

@187umKILLAH: If you never played them on handhelds, I can see how they'd still shine pretty bright.

@bowchicka07: I never knew the Punisher got ripped so hard on Metacritic... I loved the hell out of that game- it was, like, the best PS2 game ever released.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

@huerito323 said:

@bowchicka07 said:

Not trying to be rude, but Skyrim and Borderlands 2 on this list makes no sense. Skyrim is one of the most popular games ever. It created a huge fanbase. Yes it has haters, but that happens with every popular video game. Borderlands 2 is another highly praised game. This was supposed to be games that almost nobody gives a crap about, and your list has 2 games that are very popular with fans. Again, makes no sense.

I'm speaking more to my demographic though. Most people around here are into sports games or call of duty.

CarcassPlays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CarcassPlays
Member since 2013 • 74 Posts

I get a lot of hate for actually liking Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed. People keep saying how the games are just awful and how they're just not worth playing because they're so repetitive, but yet, there are other games (I'm going to hate for saying this, I know) that are pretty much the same just with different characters and maybe a few map changes and graphic improvements like GTA, Dead Rising, or even Saint's Row...

I see Assassin's Creed as a COMPLETELY different game, after the first trilogy ended. There are four time period's we're visited which makes this game series incredible because there's no other series that has done that before (basing itself on facts from these time periods.)

Call of Duty, on the other hand, started copying itself in Ghosts' campaign, which just shows us how CoD needs to stop with their campaigns and just make more multiplayer maps. And then there's the people who HATE and I mean HATEEEEE the multiplayer because they get killed so much. They decide to trash talk it because they're not very good. I'm not very good, myself, but do I hate it? No...

These are my opinions, people :{P

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

Castlevania Harmony Of Despair and Tenchu Z are the ones that come to mind.