Games with an ambientation similar to these games?

SOULCALIBUR33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 SOULCALIBUR33
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts

Hello.
It's been a while since the last days I used to play with Playstation 2 and 3 and xbox.

I remember many great games I've played at those times.

Now I feel to play some games again after I saw in my smart tv (LG) the possibility to play games with Nvidia GeForce Now. It seems there's tons of games I can play, and I need help of someone that plays games on Geforce now/ Steam:

I'm searching and I wondering if exist some games in the style I like most, but since it's sooooooo long time that I don't play games, it's a bit hard for me to find the games.

The style /ambientation similar's games that I'm searching are these:

1. Clock Tower 3 (playstation 2)

2. Haunting Ground (playstation2 ) (I like the horror game + a bit medieval style and great costumes )

3. Project Zero 2 and 3

4. Silent Hill 3

Here the games' s atmosphere/ambient that I liked most.

Please can you tell me if exist today games on Nvidia Geforce now 's list?

PS: on gamespot there's a list of games? I remember there was a link where I could search also in general the games but I don't remember anymore....

Thank you to all in advance!

:-)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11687 Posts

@SOULCALIBUR33: Based on your list you enjoy Survival Horror, yet the ones less focused on action and more on the escape/ puzzle solving. So not quite the Dead Space, Evil Within, Resident Evils of the world.

This is also just a genre I happen to play tons of games from also. So I have checked carefully games that are on Steam and think the list I provide will be games you can get without issue. All the games below are well regarded too, & not too demanding on your set-up_

Conscript (currently just a demo)

Loading Video...

Faith: The Unholy Trinity

Loading Video...

Signalis

Loading Video...

Zero: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

Loading Video...

Darkwood

Loading Video...

Tormented Souls

Loading Video...
judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7354 Posts

I don't play a lot of horror games, but the Amnesia series is supposed to be pretty good.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ

@judaspete: Outside the spooky atmosphere and puzzles added to the mix Amnesia is basically a different genre entirely.

I like to call games such as Outlast, Soma, & Amnesia Stealth Horror which are essentially hide and seek games.

No offensive options to keep back the ghouls or mad people, it's all about being absolutely helpless until an event section permits having some kind of advantage against the enemy. And that is usually a heavily scripted scene tricking them to be hanged or electrocuted. Your goal is getting from one end of a tunnel to the next without being seen. Otherwise it's usually an insta-kill.

Whether as Survival Horror is more about resource-management, backtracking, and player-choice scenarios. You have guns (In Haunting Grounds case a dog and Clock Tower Magic/ Holy Water) but very limited uses, making ammo essentially keys and enemies, doors. In the dogs case for HG you have to pet and treat the dog well otherwise if it gets beaten up a lot it won't protect you.

In many Survival Horror games if one mismanaged resource/mismanage the cute dog? the game can appear basically unplayable until the player starts a new game, because they got greedy handling health/ ammo/ dog the game provided.

Survival Horror also typically has multi-layered maps with all kinds of pathways and shortcuts to throw the player-off what they need to do for progression. Whether as Stealth Horror games map/ level design is usually a means to an end, and onto the next area.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#5 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 723 Posts

Try to play The Medium it is like games you talk about and State of Decay 2.

SOULCALIBUR33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By SOULCALIBUR33
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts

Thank you, it seems Fatal Frame and Tormented souls are the ones that are more near the athmosphere I search (my favorite at first place are Haunting Ground and Clock tower 3 and also Rule of Roses...)

I like that 'aristocratic' atmosphere, and characters a little like 'manga' (like in Clock Tower 3 or Rule of Roses).

I will try these two games :

Tormented Souls

and

Them and Us

These remember me Haunting Ground ^^

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RSM-HQ

Tormented Souls is a good choice. Love-letter Survival Horror, inspired by the 128-bit games of the time which includes Haunting Ground and Clock Tower 3.

The animations can come across as janky (enemies do a weird backflip when they die) but overall a solid game with wonderful use of lighting.