Games just kill my wallet...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hiho24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 hiho24
Member since 2005 • 4052 Posts

Thanks to the videogame market doing so well I'm planning to spend over 900 dollars in games alone before the end of 2007. Perhaps even more. But then you got to factor in Time. With work and school I'm never going to have the time to play half the games I want to. Why me?

brittoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 brittoss
Member since 2004 • 1028 Posts
Maybe you should try gaming in Australia. We pay AU$120(US$101) for most of our new games. That would kill your wallet faster!
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

That's why I like having a Gamecube and PC. There are no more Gamecube games coming out, and only a few decent PC games a year; hence, I can obsessively buy all the good games I'm interested in, but there are so few games I'm interested in that it doesn't matter.

Although this fall there's a lot of PC games I want coming out - Bioshock, MOH:A, Crysis, Gears, and Viva Pinata.

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts
900 dollars?! what the hell are you buying? lol.
wmg1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#5 wmg1299
Member since 2005 • 1154 Posts

Due to the new $59.99 price tag for most games, I'll be renting a whole lot more titles than I'll be buying.From now on,if I hear that a game can be finished in10 hours or less, then I'm going to rent it. Hopefully, it won't be long before we see a greatest hits collection for this generation.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
I think I've spent over 2 grand this year on video games so far. I'm planning on spending around $ 1160 bucks more by the end of 07. :D
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
I need to win the lotto to support my gaming :?
College is not helping with my game funding at all.
Avatar image for cookoo4cocopuff
cookoo4cocopuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 cookoo4cocopuff
Member since 2005 • 793 Posts

Maybe you should try gaming in Australia. We pay AU$120(US$101) for most of our new games. That would kill your wallet faster!brittoss

It really suck to be you and have to pay that much for a game a feel really bad for you.

EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts
I know what you mean. Now that i am getting into the next gen. I have to spend a lot of money. I need to buy carefully for now on.
MLJ28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MLJ28
Member since 2003 • 3690 Posts

Why buy a tonof games all at once? You can't possibly finish all of those games this year, so why not just buy two or three, finish those, and then buy a couple more later on? That's what I do. I want to buy 10 games by Christmas, but I'm only going to buy three of those games this year, and by the rest as needed next year. Also, games drop in price quickly, so when you're ready to buy a few more, their prices may be lower. :)

nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts

You think this hobby is expensive? Try keeping a fully functional reef tank too! :)

Between those 2 hobbies I spend thousands.... ugh.

darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
for me it'll probably be around $400 for the rest of this year (mainly coming from Rock Band) hopefully the games will be worth the price
Avatar image for banjobear_basic
banjobear_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 banjobear_basic
Member since 2002 • 2643 Posts
game prices plummet very fast, so maybe you should consider not buying games at their full retail price when they first come out.
marty_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 marty_81
Member since 2003 • 2823 Posts
game prices plummet very fast, so maybe you should consider not buying games at their full retail price when they first come out. banjobear_basic
It depends which games you're buying. I estimate the cost for the rest of the year to be around 750$ but games like halo 3, gta 4 and super smash bros brawl aren't gonna drop in price for a long time ( melee is still selling at the original price despite being out since 2001) so you might as well purchase them sooner.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#15 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

[QUOTE="banjobear_basic"]game prices plummet very fast, so maybe you should consider not buying games at their full retail price when they first come out. marty_81
It depends which games you're buying. I estimate the cost for the rest of the year to be around 750$ but games like halo 3, gta 4 and super smash bros brawl aren't gonna drop in price for a long time ( melee is still selling at the original price despite being out since 2001) so you might as well purchase them sooner.

Ya, and I don't like waiting longer for highly anticipated games like Metal Gear Solid 4 that I've been waiting years for.

marty_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 marty_81
Member since 2003 • 2823 Posts

[QUOTE="marty_81"][QUOTE="banjobear_basic"]game prices plummet very fast, so maybe you should consider not buying games at their full retail price when they first come out. majadamus

Ya, and I don't like waiting longer for highly anticipated games like Metal Gear Solid 4 that I've been waiting years for.

No kidding, the last thing I need is some jackass to spoil the story for me.