Games in which you are way better than the rest of us?!?

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Name some games in which you are way better than the rest of us here!

Also, explain why you think you are way better in those games than we could ever be.

I would bet I'm way better in Elex than any of you, since I love that tough RPG and have spent ages with it, exploring every corner and battling foes that would make mincemeat out of Souls bosses in seconds. And its safe to bet nobody else here has bothered playing that less known game!

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Probably Battlefield 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 but it's been a long time since I played those.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#3 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I consider myself pretty good at 2D & 3D platformers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I have some skill, but I'm not that great. I am best at sitting down and digging into a big single-player RPG with lots to do and different choices to make. But I like to mix it up like anyone else, and I don't always have time for an extremely time-consuming, frustrating game.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Nothing really comes to mind. I’m going to use online gaming as it’s the best litmus to judge comparative skill. I never win Forza races, I never top the leaderboards in shooters (although I do frequently in Titanfall 1), and after a year of playing PUBG, I’ve only won three matches. I used to think I was really good at Tetris until I went online and got a wake up call as to how many people are faster than me.

I still enjoying playing said genres and they’re my go-to style of games.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I am not the best at any game I play nowadays. I just practice long enough to get good at them. The games I'd say I was once extremely good at was Mario Kart DS (With my nearly spotless record of 409 wins and 6 losses), and Smash Bros Brawl/Melee. Every other competitive game I play I would say that I was knocking on the door of the high-tier player but never quite busting it down...

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Day of the tentacle. I can speed run that game pretty quick but its not hard once you know all the combinations of items and what they do.

I was also pretty good at pro street with the wheel for 360. I only lost a few times online, the wheel was a massive advantage though.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Hmm most the games commonly listed/ vocal would be considered "pretty good"; and have shared feats (timers/ death counters/ difficulty rating/ win ratio) for many these games. Have nothing to hide_

However don't really know many peoples gaming skill around here, outside the outspoken few who've shown to have a very smoke and mirrors attitude towards games.

Honestly don't feel comfortable judging this for everyone, seems like the sort of thing a hypocrite does.

While I'm honestly at least good at the favorite games I play. Not exactly someone who brags about it. Games are fun, that's why I play them.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#9 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Nothing. I suck.

JohnnyGT1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JohnnyGT1
Member since 2012 • 147 Posts

I play too many games, hence why I can't be better than anybody in a single game.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Max Payne 3. Better than most of you (because most people barely dig into it). Not as good as some of the YouTubers and regulars. When I watch people play Max Payne 3, they barely even shoulder swap. I do it like fifty times in five minutes. Which makes it so irritating that you can't do this in the other Rockstar games. I also barely see people crouch or roll. Never mind the fact that most people use pathetic auto-aim. I really hate that this is an option in MP3.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 henrythefifth

@ezekiel43 said:

Max Payne 3. Better than most of you (because most people barely dig into it). Not as good as some of the YouTubers and regulars. When I watch people play Max Payne 3, they barely even shoulder swap. I do it like fifty times in five minutes. Which makes it so irritating that you can't do this in the other Rockstar games. I also barely see people crouch or roll. Never mind the fact that most people use pathetic auto-aim. I really hate that this is an option in MP3.

you can shoulder swap in many other Rockstar games too, tho...

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@henrythefifth said:
@ezekiel43 said:

you can shoulder swap in many other Rockstar games too, tho...

You can't in GTA. It's barely as useful in RDR2, since you have to be zooming in/walking with the left trigger. Same with the original Redemption. What other games?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

i generally git gud at any game i invest loads of time into. which is very few these days unfortunately. so many games, so little time.

the dishonored games are probably the closest thing. don't know or care about how i compare to anyone on here but i can be pretty nifty. not as good as this guy below, but on my day i'm not a million miles away. having said that sometimes i can pick the games up and be downright terrible, over hesitating, not spotting enemies and mistiming everything lol.

Loading Video...

i really surprised myself a couple of years ago about how good i still am at super mario kart. i played it that much as a kid it's burnt into my muscle memory.

i went to a retro arcade with some mates and they had a super famicom with mario kart setup. i played a few games with bowser solo and people started to come asking for a go, so i started playing against them in vs mode and absolutely kicked the arse of about 20 people in a row until some guy picked rainbow road and i f*cked up right near the end and fell off the track, so he beat me.

still, i was quite proud that after not playing for nearly 20 years i had still had the magic!

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I'd say Prominence Poker on xbox one. I've played a great deal of poker over the years so it's mainly experience.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

The only games I consider myself to be decent at are racing games... especially circuit-based racers like Forza Motorsport & the F1 games.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Brink, because I really liked the game and the game is pretty much dead now so there's no way to prove me wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Dota 2 because I'm experienced. I'll take any of you on :P.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#19 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

purely based on all the time i've spent in them:

Trackmania 2: stadium (and trackmania in general, but mainly Stadium and Canyon)

Company of Heroes 2

also pretty decent at some online shooters like Battlefield and Rising Storm/RO series but I suspect other users on here are as good or better.

maybe the Dirt Rally games as well.

Avatar image for adamlimbrent660
adamlimbrent660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 adamlimbrent660
Member since 2019 • 12 Posts

I’m really good in Fortnite right now. Actually, I have all the needed tools so it’s not so hard. The best mouse can be found here https://bestgamingthings.com/best-gaming-mouse-for-fortnite-2019/. I also play Apex and some other games sometimes.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 henrythefifth

I used to be really good at Blood Bowl on 360. If I got the game for PS4, I'd totally kick buttocks online.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Street Fighter 2

Doom 1&2 Death Match

Especially Doom. I can still go toe to toe with anyone in that game. SF2 I found some people online who can simply crush me but I’m better than most and in an arcade setting I dominate.

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

I'm fairly certain I can beat all the posters on the gamespot boards at Street Fighter II. If I haven't heard of you in the FGC then I can probably beat you. I'm not top on a national level, but I am on a regional level (midwest).

Comma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Comma
Member since 2019 • 28 Posts

ESail Sailing Simulator - if you haven’t tried it give it a go, its really good fun, and you can learn to sail at the same time.

https://www.esailyachtsimulator.com/

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

As much as I game I'm fairly average in the skill department. That's why I was unable to get very far in Dark Souls or Bloodborne. I am damn near unbeatable at Tekken, though lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#26 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

Specifically here? Prob beat most of you at Street Fighter, barring ConanTheStoner and one or two Suoer-Golds floating about. Maybe SFII as well.

Outside the forum a bog standard decent player would whoop my ass though, no delusions of grandeur.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Streets of Rage, Sonic, NiGHTS, Mega Man...

SoR and Sonic in particular, I know the ins and outs like the back of my hand, and with the latter, I also have the achievement of ranking within the top 25 on time attack leaderboards without using any glitches.