Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Source

Interesting list. but not that much since sequence is bad.

STALKER is hard and its good to be there, Eternal is one of the most hardcore game of last/current gen, Deus Ex rank too low as its more harder than games it follow in list. Vegas 2 should not be there.

I would also add Prey 2017 as one of the hardest FPS game ever made.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Moved to general games discussion

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Don't like to throw around the 'hardcore' term, it's a very tryhard word of phrasing.

Blood, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, D00M (classics), and Dusk are all very difficult and don't give much room for easy exploits.

Sure someone can mention more, First Person Shooters are not a genre I invest in a whole lot and namely focus on the indie scene more recently to get my FPS fix. Wrath: Aeon of Ruin was my last and it wasn't too tough.

However; from what I've read D00M: Eternal difficulty is over-warranted. Just requires the player to learn the rhythm of the game. Seems fairly manageable if you are not fighting against the mechanics. I know a few friends that have all the achievements.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

Don't like to throw around the 'hardcore' term, it's a very tryhard word of phrasing.

Blood, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, D00M (classics), and Dusk are all very difficult and don't give much room for easy exploits.

Sure someone can mention more, First Person Shooters are not a genre I invest in a whole lot and namely focus on the indie scene more recently to get my FPS fix. Wrath: Aeon of Ruin was my last and it wasn't too tough.

However; from what I've read D00M: Eternal difficulty is over-warranted. Just requires the player to learn the rhythm of the game. Seems fairly manageable if you are not fighting against the mechanics. I know a few friends that have all the achievements.

Yeah, it's a dumb term I think of stupid e-sports and energy drinks.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@RSM-HQ said:

my friend, you should give another try of Prey 2017. its most hardcore FPS since STALKER.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
@ghosts4ever said:

my friend, you should give another try of Prey 2017. its most hardcore FPS since STALKER.

Wasn't Prey the game someone beat under twenty minutes a few days after release? Fairly certain that was the game.

Never played the new or old one but that newer one has been recommended to me before. Looks a lot like Dishonored in how it plays.

While in first person, seems more of a stealth action blend, than a dedicated raw shooter. Dishonored is not really what I would class as a FPS either, it's more of a hybrid, like Deus Ex which falls more in line as an RPG despite having just as much focus on stealth.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
@RSM-HQ said:

I prefer the Prey sequel that got cancelled it looked cool as shit. The fact that Arkane's game was named Prey was a dick move by Bethesda when it had nothing to do with the original game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:

I prefer the Prey sequel that got cancelled it looked cool as shit. The fact that Arkane's game was named Prey was a dick move by Bethesda when it had nothing to do with the original game.

Arkane Prey is Hardcore immersive sim made for System shock 2 fans. come on my friend, the cancelled Prey 2 was going to be a generic 7th gen shooter with regen health and cover. new Prey is pure old school with complex map, lean and peak, quick saves, no cutscenes etc.

Prey 2006 also suck and was easy game.

Loading Video...

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Why is CS:GO #11 and #4 on the list? lol

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ
@The_Stand_In said:

Why is CS:GO #11 and #4 on the list? lol

I didn't check the list as the link seems unreliable and disinteresting based on the above statements. Also seems they cannot count properly either.

If anything seeing you mention Counter Strike; Multiplayer First Person Shooters should be a separate category. As it has a completely different focus.

Quake Live, CS:GO, TF2, and UT2004, all great and have amazing memories with. I even personally like Quake: Champions a lot. But very different from D00M, Half Life, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Single Player experiences.

On that note, shout out to Warhammer: Vermintide II. I personally think it's better than L4D.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Not sure why multiplayer-only games are on that list. Aren't those only as hard as the opponents you are facing, which these days are matched with you based on your skill level? Also why is CS:GO on it twice..?

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

What about Superhot?