Gameranking lowering Zelda OOT Score

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sugoii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sugoii
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I swear, zelda OT score was before 97.88% after 32 reviews, and now it is 97.406% with same number of reviews(32). If it had 97.88 zelda oot would still be ranked number one, but now GTA IV for xbox and ps3 is ranked better.
Dill-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dill-Man
Member since 2004 • 863 Posts
I don't see any reason whatsoever why they would do it, so it doesn't make much sesne. But, I can't say it isn't true because i don't really follow that.
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
There was a deadly earthquake in China and people are starving in Myanmar, but the ratings for Zelda OT really trouble me.
sugoii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sugoii
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Well i followed this close, becasue zelda has been ranked first for ages, and this got really hot as GTA IV became a real challenger. Gamerankigns ranking is legendary, i think this is very serious, especially for us who have been visiting gamerankings for many many years. This come as a moralistic shock.
Dill-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dill-Man
Member since 2004 • 863 Posts

There was a deadly earthquake in China and people are starving in Myanmar, but the ratings for Zelda OT really trouble me.Hulabaloza

rofl

PRKiNG45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PRKiNG45
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

There was a deadly earthquake in China and people are starving in Myanmar, but the ratings for Zelda OT really trouble me.Hulabaloza

You win.

Avatar image for AtomicTangerine
AtomicTangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AtomicTangerine
Member since 2005 • 4413 Posts
Dude, most of the arguments being used to tell this guy he is wasting everybody's time could be applied to every thread here. Why am I reading about MGS4 when people in North Korea are starving to death and live in an oppressive, totalitarian state? Does he need to get a life when we are all typing comments on a internet forum about VIDEO GAMES? I don't really care about this at all either, but please use legitimate arguments!
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#9 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
So what? Zelda: OOT is nowhere near a 10 in my opinion. You should just be happy it's rated very high here on Gamespot.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
People were saying a review score had changed due to the site changing their point system. Instead of keeping the old scores, they rounded all of them.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#12 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

I don´t even think the game was above a 85,so what?There are more important thing then discussing about obviously overrated games.

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts
Cubed3 changed their review policy, so their original score for Ocarina (9.9) was rounded down to 9.
Ectomy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ectomy
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts

I'll come out and admit it, I love the fact that OoT has remained the GR top dog for 10 years and get a mild sense of satisfaction whenever the new 'top game' fails to beat it out. That being said though the rankings on there are simply things that you can't take too seriously. Games get to take up multiple spots if they get good reviews on mulitple platforms, Namco's 3-D fighters are apparently vastly superior to Virtua Fighter and all 2-D fighters etc. Why care about a percentage change when it ultimately has no effect on how much the games are actually appreciated by the people who play them and...@#$% I just checked out GR and Ocarina is back on top again. *feels a mild sense of satisfaction*

mohmaaytah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 mohmaaytah
Member since 2003 • 2397 Posts
I feel your pain %0.4, what could possibly happen next. /sarcasm
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts
I can't bear the thought of GTA 4 being higher than Oot.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Its always sad to read people giving so much weight to scores (whether they are whining, as they are in this thread, or rejoicing). Reviews and game quality are two different things.

Not that I completely disregard reviews, but they cease to matter once I have played a game for myself. People who say 'I am the biggest Zelda lover on the planet, and I sobbed in fear when I read this news' puzzle me. Reviews shouldn't impact one's enjoyment of a game unless one is profoundly insecure.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

:lol: Dvader is up in arms!

As Carnage said.... if you enjoy a game, play it. If not, don't. Who cares what a ratings site says?

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

By all means go to some news forums and talk about it then. Don't act surprised if users on a gaming forum actually want to talk about games.

So what? Zelda: OOT is nowhere near a 10 in my opinion. You should just be happy it's rated very high here on Gamespot.TAMKFan

I don't think there's any call for comments like that. The OP was asking for an explanation on why the overall score was lowered on Gamerankings, not asking about whether you believe it deserves its ratings.

Oilers99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 Oilers99
Member since 2002 • 28844 Posts

[QUOTE="Hulabaloza"]There was a deadly earthquake in China and people are starving in Myanmar, but the ratings for Zelda OT really trouble me.m0zart

By all means go to some news forums and talk about it then. Don't act surprised if users on a gaming forum actually want to talk about games.

It's not about games, though; it's about the overall review score of a game that came out ten years ago declining tenths of a percent, which may just make this the funniest thread in GGD this month.

And I played Ocarina of Time for the first time in a while yesterday, and I noticed a slight flaw that I hadn't before. And suddenly, the universe decides to lower Ocarina of Time's overall a few tenths of a percent. Clearly strong evidence that world revolves around me. :P

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
Look at it again, OoT is still on top.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Look at it again, OoT is still on top.ASK_Story

I don't want to get caught up in a stupid argument... but you're right. It's on top by .007th of a percent. :/

m0zart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 m0zart
Member since 2003 • 11580 Posts

It's not about games, though; it's about the overall review score of a game that came out ten years ago declining tenths of a percent, which may just make this the funniest thread in GGD this month.Oilers99

It doesn't matter how long ago it was released. And talking about scores given to a game IS talking about those games.

I don't quite see the humor I guess. I see it as a thread about composite scores, which has been brought up time and time again without such a comedic reaction.

Besides that, I've seen much funnier things on this board :P

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Dude, most of the arguments being used to tell this guy he is wasting everybody's time could be applied to every thread here. Why am I reading about MGS4 when people in North Korea are starving to death and live in an oppressive, totalitarian state? Does he need to get a life when we are all typing comments on a internet forum about VIDEO GAMES? I don't really care about this at all either, but please use legitimate arguments!AtomicTangerine

Indeed. I come here to escape all that, I get enough angst from TV.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I believe that it will continue to lower as the world becomes enlightened.