Gamer Rage - Does It Exist?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GrandTheftGoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GrandTheftGoo
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I say hell yes. I'm the most passive person, and though I don't get pissed at games often there are a few that make me rage.

CoD4 multiplayer tends to make me want to kill things. I don't know about other people, but the way the game handles online synchronization sucks sometimes. I'll shoot a mess of rounds at someone point blank, yet I'll die and the death replay doesn't show me shooting a single bullet, let alone hitting him. I sometimes try to rip my XB360 controller in half, to no avail... yet.:roll:

Oh, and Ninja Gaiden Black made me throw a water bottle across the room and put a small hole in my wall. Freakin biotch of a camera angle, especially with hordes of enemies. But beating that game was ridiculously satisfying. :twisted:

Anyone else?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I rarely get angry with a game, I can get frustrated but never angry to the point where I want to harm others or the machine.
Hudjuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hudjuke
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts

I say hell yes. I'm the most passive person, and though I don't get pissed at games often there are a few that make me rage.

CoD4 multiplayer tends to make me want to kill things. I don't know about other people, but the way the game handles online synchronization sucks sometimes. I'll shoot a mess of rounds at someone point blank, yet I'll die and the death replay doesn't show me shooting a single bullet, let alone hitting him. I sometimes try to rip my XB360 controller in half, to no avail... yet.:roll:

Oh, and Ninja Gaiden Black made me throw a water bottle across the room and put a small hole in my wall. Freakin biotch of a camera angle, especially with hordes of enemies. But beating that game was ridiculously satisfying. :twisted:

Anyone else?

GrandTheftGoo

Same as u man, Cod4 is just plain rediculous when it comes to lag sometimes its pretty much the only game where i wanted to destory the console, instead i just broke my wireless mic than the controller than the disc, i didnt buy it straight away again i just got it a couple of weeks back and i got the first copy from launch but i dont really care that much about it anymore to get angry as im not really that into it and besides ive come to terms with my gamer rage ill shout the odd cus word and shake my head but other than that who gives, The only thing that will bring me back to me wanting to destroy my gaming stuff is if i lost a saved file and lost 50+ hrs of gaming time.

ken12012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ken12012
Member since 2004 • 309 Posts
MANY battles in Persona 3:FES made me rage like crazy. All the boss enemies think it's fun to dodge all my attacks =(
spartanpride83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 spartanpride83
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts
I think it does exist. I have a little case of it, but I can keep it under control (for the most part)
spartanpride83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 spartanpride83
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts
I think it does exist. I have a little case of it, but I can keep it under control (for the most part)
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
Just ask the Angry German kid who just wanted to play Unreal Tournament. But yes, I would get ticked off with COD4 and not having my actions on screen be whats actually going on on-line. That and that god awful helicopter making miracle kills even though your inside a building and hiding. There was no way they would have ever even know I was there but the chopper killed me instantly. F that crap!
Dunkonya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Dunkonya
Member since 2004 • 1601 Posts
I dont get angry just turn the game off or keep playing.
criinok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 criinok
Member since 2006 • 1478 Posts
Burnout Paradise can bring out the worst in me :P
Avatar image for Joystick_n_hand
Joystick_n_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Joystick_n_hand
Member since 2007 • 460 Posts

I have personally witnessed many a control get thrown into a system or a tv with full on rage! Peaceful teddy-bears can become raging maniacs with a lust to destroy when owned in a game. This tantrum usually only lasts a few moments, but the console and\or the game can suffer serious damage. I am surprised companies haven't started making nerf-like soft systems to protect them from the abuse of a sad loser!!!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The only thing that pisses me off to the point of wanting to break my controller is Alpha-152 from Dead or Alive 4. The one hold where her hand explodes in your face does about two-thirds of a life bar in a single hit... and she does it like it was the main move in her moveset.
BladesOfAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BladesOfAthena
Member since 2008 • 3938 Posts
Hah, its no wonder why there are people out there who are under the belief that videogames make people violent. :P
GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts
Yes, I have it, this gaming rage. I also freak out when I need to type something up but my Internet gives out. *raises fist to screen*
sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
I never lose my cool when i'm playing videogames.
_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#15 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
haha single player fighter games usually make my blood boil. Playing against perfect AI computer opponents is stupid. DBZ and Soul Calibur are two big time offenders for me(cuz i play them the most). DBZ games even though they let you set the AI in an options menu the game definately upgrades the AI as you play through a tournament or story. Even though you have it on easy the damn opponents instantly get back to their feet, dodge all your power shots..

Soul Calibur pisses me off the most probably. That game knows what buttons your pressing and what buttons it needs to press in order to counter you. The most frustrating part for me is after I get my combo blocked I guard and then the computer just sits there and either crushes my gaurd or they wait for the exact moment i drop my gaurd to attack and then beat on me lol. GRRRrrrrrr.

I've broken the arm rest on a couch from smashing it in rage, and I pound on stuff alot just to get the frustration out but I would never break my controls or games or tv.
VegetaJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 VegetaJr
Member since 2006 • 1437 Posts
I was just cussing at Silent Hill: Homecoming last night. The over agressive enemies in this game can make the difficulty brutal, and flat out cheap, even on normal. They badly over compensated for the increased abilities of the player character.
Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts

Getting spawn killed on a random FPS game, getting cheesed on a sport game and my PC or 360 freezing are the things that makes me angry :)

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
yes it does exist. world of warcraft is one game that got people to be mad. yes sometimes cod4 gets me to break soemthing.
EquiIibrium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EquiIibrium
Member since 2008 • 303 Posts

I don't rage much on Online games, use to hit my desk alot on FPS's but I just sigh loudly or type something random now.

I remember trying to destroy Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 with a PS1 controller, forget why. Only cracked it abit and had a few tiny bits of the inner disc missing. Taped it up and it suprisingly worked. Good ol' DIY.

EvilAshTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EvilAshTwin
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts

haha single player fighter games usually make my blood boil. Playing against perfect AI computer opponents is stupid. DBZ and Soul Calibur are two big time offenders for me(cuz i play them the most). DBZ games even though they let you set the AI in an options menu the game definately upgrades the AI as you play through a tournament or story. Even though you have it on easy the damn opponents instantly get back to their feet, dodge all your power shots.._AbBaNdOn

The button mini game in Budakai 3 made me want to pull my hair out. I know everyone likes to say the computer cheats, but its true in this game. If you select your button (in the mini game) before the computer does, you always lose. Plus being forced into the Dragon Rushes when I was clear on the other side of the screen drove me insane, sometimes 3 or 4 back to back.

I used to be really bad, over the years Ive learned out to control my temper and not act out as I used to. I still cuss and swear at the TV, sometimes I start yelling. My last outburst was playing The Force Unleashed, I foolishly tried to clear the opening room of the last level. Anyone who has played the game knows its suicide to try. I actually broke my controller, in the stupidest way too. I tossed it on the couch where it bounced around. However you know the mid jack on the 360 controller? A piece of the copper connector came out which caused the 360 to not recognize it.

The only other game thing thats been semi recent that made me lose it was the timed spike trap room in God of War.

Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
Very much so. I remember that spot in Gears where my buddy was driving that truck and I had the UV spot light thing. It was pretty bad. Many curses were said in that time. Also when I was trying to get the Z rank in DBZ: Burst Limit but man was it great when I got them all.
Junkie_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Junkie_man
Member since 2008 • 1219 Posts
I have the rage, but probably because I'm an angry person in general. Most gaming sessions will end in loud expletives and violence towards inanimate objects.
NYCKing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NYCKing87
Member since 2008 • 1262 Posts
The only game that's made the inner gaming rage within me come out, was COD4. There was one specific time where I screamed at the top of my lungs.
jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts
Yeah Gamer Rage definitely exists. One friend of mine broke ever controller he owned, and another one would take the disc out and throw it against the wall. Hardcore stuff. I'm pretty quiet and can literally go days without talking if I had to, but when I play COD 4 online I'm cussin at my screen and I hit a wall once lol.
gusfacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gusfacer
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
cod4 makes me angry because I get killed by the same air strike twice.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#26 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
Play Gears of War 2 on Xbox Live within a week or so of getting the game and then tell me.
jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

cod4 makes me angry because I get killed by the same air strike twice.gusfacer

I know! And what's even worse is when you get spawned right in front of the person that just killed you. He's like "Welcome back, bloke." and pop, you dead.