Gamer Confessions

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

What is one thing that you're embarassed about or shamed to admit (same difference, whatever) when it comes to gaming? Something you think you should have done that your fellow gamers have done?

For me, I'll share two.... I never played Chrono Trigger or Xenoblade... :(

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
Started playing RE4, but never finished it. When people gush about the marvelous pacing of the game, I just sit there dumbfounded. I couldn't finish it. I've never played a Metroid game. Not one. And no Zelda game beyond the first couple ones and ALTTP (and then again, I never played any of them for much too long anyway). I'm neither embarrassed nor shamed about any of that, though. I just consider those a few of my oddities in regards to gaming.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

I've never played Resident Evil or Final Fantasy and I've NEVER ever liked anything the Playstation had to offer (from games to controls). It's not really a confession though because I am not ashamed and stand by those choices. >.>

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JustPlainLucas
Started playing RE4, but never finished it. When people gush about the marvelous pacing of the game, I just sit there dumbfounded. I couldn't finish it. I've never played a Metroid game. Not one. And no Zelda game beyond the first couple ones and ALTTP (and then again, I never played any of them for much too long anyway). I'm neither embarrassed nor shamed about any of that, though. I just consider those a few of my oddities in regards to gaming. SteelAttack
What system did you play RE4 on?
SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"] What system did you play RE4 on?

Wii. I still have it.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JustPlainLucas
[QUOTE="SteelAttack"] Wii. I still have it.

Ahh, interesting. See, I started playing it on the Cube, and I lost interest when I got to disc 2, but then I got it for the Wii and started playing it and I fell in love with the controls. I got so addicted to it, I played through it four times. This is why I don't want to play RE4 HD on the 360 or PS3. I just can't go back to the old controls.
Funky_Connor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Funky_Connor
Member since 2011 • 417 Posts

I have over 30 games :(

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

I wasn't able to play Oblivion for more than a couple of hours. Not even after installing dozens of mods.

X-The-Doctor-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 X-The-Doctor-X
Member since 2010 • 1268 Posts

If I see a game that first comes out and I don't read up on it or think it's that great. I usually don't jump into that series until the sequal. Games like

Uncharted
Assassin's Creed
Crysis
Dead Space.

Are all game series that I hadn't indulged in until the second game in the series

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Embarassing confession to fellow gamers: I am a huge JRPG fan yet the only PS1 RPG I've played is Xenogears and the only PS2 RPGs I've played are Persona 3, FFXII and Digital Devil Saga.

Embarassing confession to non-gamers: I have about 40 unopened games that I doubt I'll ever get through, and I own more than one copy of certain games for collection purposes.

kiddoom93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kiddoom93
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts

Never played Metal Gear Solid . I have played Metal Gear Acid on the PSP though for some strange reason. Not really a confession just an opinion. Final Fantasy is boring and in particular turn based RPG's whatsoever I do not like them at all. Which is a shame because that means I'm missing out on many highly rated games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger etc. I am willing to give them another go but I can't see it happening unfortunately.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

Ive been gaming for 20 years now...and start every game i play on the hardest difficulty it lets me choose...ive basically mastered Demons Souls (which everyone already knows isnt that much of a challenge) all that said...Ive never been able to beat the original Super Mario Bros:-/ Not only as a kid but even now that Im 25...i cant beat the flippin game...dont laugh!!!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Haven't finished the majority of the older PC games (things like Thief, Deus Ex, Planescape, etc.). I've started them all... just something grabs my attention elsewhere when I'm in the middle of one. Its a horrible habit. And I feel ashamed at how much I tend to favour consoles these days, despite growing up with both (sometimes playing PC far more than consoles).
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I've never played any of the Persona games. It's really a shame that I haven't yet.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts
  • I dont give a f*** about Zelda, never have, never will.
  • I bought the MGS Essentials Collection just to play Snake Eater with the free roam camera.
  • I played Warhawk splitscreen with my friend just to get the trophies, and when he was not around, i switched b/w controllers to get trophies.
  • And i enjoyed it.
  • I went to Miranda's office five times just to try and sleep with her in mass effect 2. What's sad is that those five times came AFTER she told me to give her some space and that she will come to me when she's ready.
  • I have never beaten a mario game. Maybe one, but I was too young to remember. I got tired of finding the princess and having her taken away from me.
  • Fable 3 was the first RPG I ever finished.
  • And I got every last soul in my kingdom killed.
  • I rented Demon Souls three times and each time quit after dying dozens of times in the first area right outside the castle.
  • I killed Hephastus, came back and f***ed his wife again straight after in God of War 3.
  • I throughly enjoyed Modern Warfare 2's campaign (aside from the No-Russian level)
  • Never finished the first Halo and RE4 because i was bored to death.
  • Bought Ico Day 1, got stuck 10 minutes into the game and didn't play again for over 2 months. Went back and realized i had to help Yorda climb up......
  • I missed almost all the exposition by Naomi in MGS4 because i was too bored of her yapping for 30 minutes and resorted to pressing L1 to check out cleaveage.
  • My most played games last gen were MVP Baseball 2003,2004,2005,2006 and 2007 where i finished the 162 game season at least one time.
  • RE5's last section/boss fight took me over 3 hours on coop.
  • I glitched the last boss in Uncharted 2 on Crushing to get my platinum trophy.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Elann2008
@SolidSnake I can relate to some of your gamer confessions. RE5 last boss was a motha'.... He just would not f'in die. Finally got him eventually though, in co-op. As for Miranda.. I did the same.. and I never got some. Never cared to go back after several attempts lol. I'm surprised Fable 3 is the first RPG you ever finished considering it's hardly an RPG. Some action adventure games claim it has RPG elements and they do.. but Fable just does not fall into that category. If anything, it's an action game or action-adventure. :P I have a confession as well. Another one. I glitched the last boss in Dragon Age Origins and I kept shooting it with the ballista until it died lol.
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

I think Grand Theft Auto 4 is one of the worst games I've played.

Profilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Profilia  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 2226 Posts
I've never played Majora's Mask. The only Final Fantasy game I've played is XIII. I tend to start games and not finish them until several months later (and for a few games, years later).
ReggieWhite2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 ReggieWhite2
Member since 2004 • 1307 Posts

What is one thing that you're embarassed about or shamed to admit (same difference, whatever) when it comes to gaming? Something you think you should have done that your fellow gamers have done?

For me, I'll share two.... I never played Chrono Trigger or Xenoblade... :(

JustPlainLucas

You forgot to add Final Fantasy III (VI) to that list. Both are on the VC, you know. Just sayin'.

As for me, well

-I use cheats in every GTA game.

-I can't play a single Zelda game without using a guide or FAQ.

-I like Super Mario Galaxy better than Super Mario Galaxy 2

-I played Viewtiful Joe on kid mode.

-I don't think all 3D Sonic games are bad.

TransFishers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TransFishers
Member since 2011 • 263 Posts
I've disliked every Zelda game after LttP, except for Minish Cap. I just don't think modern day Zelda games are very special at all. I loved the setting, characters, and interactions of Persona 3, but hated the actual combat gameplay portion. Sonic Unleashed isn't a terrible game. Halo is the best FPS series ever made. Crysis 2 was a great game, so was Deus Ex: Invisible War and most every other so called "consolized" game that is supposedly a now ruined franchise.
contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

My gaming confessions are...

I can't beat Ares (the final boss) in God Of War 1 on the normal difficulty for the life of me. I always die several times and switch to easy mode. I find it strange considering I can walk through the rest of the game with ease.

I think Nintendo is trash these days and that Zelda is a rehashed series just like COD.

I bought Demon's Souls and only managed to beat one part of one world and gave up.

I enjoy IronMan 1 The Movie Game on PS3 and Xbox360.

Red Dead Redemption was meh yet GTAIV was a masterpiece in my opinion.

I think Final Fantasy and any game with japanese features to be severely annoying (can't stand the Voice acting or the characters or the anime look and feel to everything)

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

mine are

i knife in mw2(marathon lightweight and commando with tacknife)

i knife in gun game in blops

im extreamly proud of the first two

i have some form of a code of honor in online games since i enjoy being competative

ive ran around with a chainsaw on GoW and got MVP

in racing games i ram cars or put pressure on their back and watch them spin out

i extreamly think duke nukem forever is one of the best games of 2011

halo is the most balenced fps ever made

i hate zelda after oot

no mario is better than super mario 64

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

Ive been gaming for 20 years now...and start every game i play on the hardest difficulty it lets me choose...ive basically mastered Demons Souls (which everyone already knows isnt that much of a challenge) all that said...I've never been able to beat the original Super Mario Bros:-/ Not only as a kid but even now that Im 25...i cant beat the flippin game...dont laugh!!!

Apocalypse324

What part are you stuck on; and if you do want help and are slightly embarrassed about discussing this; PM me and I'll help you.

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Calvin079

I don't mind playing blops online on my DS once in a while; but I also hate it at the same time and never want to buy another. I like short RPGs like the Mario & Luigi series, I like games that don't need much of a story to get itself rolling. (Kirby, Mario, etc.) I also like to knife in blops gun matches.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I hate, HATE, military FPS games; CoD, Halo, Battlefield and all like them can cease to exist for all I care.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Ouch! you ppl saying that you never played Zelda,or that you dislike it?

That hurts!

Anyway.

I was never able to finish DMC 1+3 on Normal difficulty,and i quit several games in the middle,or even near the end...

Never beat the final boss in Sonic Unleashed,i used a walkthrough for some Zelda games...

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Huge JRPG nerd yet I never played many of the classics on SNES. Will probably get Chrono Trigger on DS one day to remedy that though....

Um... I guess I used to be a pretty big trophy hunter. Had to do a whole playthrough just to do the stunt list on inFamous because I couldnt find anywhere to blow three people off a building with one shockwave.

I've never preordered or paid over $40 for a game. I'm very patient when it comes down to waiting. I can wait 2 years for a game if need be.

I guess you could say I wish I was a fanboy but I'm not. I want to just be a Nintendo fanboy or Sony fanboy and be happy with one system but I like a lot of different games. Space, time and money is a huge inconvenience when it comes to owning multiple systems. Like those people who blindly defend one system no matter and always think x games are the best and rivals games are overrated... I honestly wish I had a mindset like that.

I also secretly wish Nintendo was a third party developer. I would love to play Nintendo's IPs on PS3 or PC rather than buy Ninty systems just for their exclusives. Not being able to play multiplats on the Wii was a huge letdown this gen.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Elann2008

Huge JRPG nerd yet I never played many of the classics on SNES. Will probably get Chrono Trigger on DS one day to remedy that though....

Um... I guess I used to be a pretty big trophy hunter. Had to do a whole playthrough just to do the stunt list on inFamous because I couldnt find anywhere to blow three people off a building with one shockwave.

I've never preordered or paid over $40 for a game. I'm very patient when it comes down to waiting. I can wait 2 years for a game if need be.

I guess you could say I wish I was a fanboy but I'm not. I want to just be a Nintendo fanboy or Sony fanboy and be happy with one system but I like a lot of different games. Space, time and money is a huge inconvenience when it comes to owning multiple systems. Like those people who blindly defend one system no matter and always think x games are the best and rivals games are overrated... I honestly wish I had a mindset like that.

commonfate
I wish I had your patience! I cannot wait for a title that I've been hugely anticipating. Sometimes, I'll anticipate a few games and the one favorite will overshadow the others and I would just end up putting them in my backlog. A waste of money if you ask me considering I don't really have much time to play. I wish I did...would be nice.
PoKeZeMuNKyZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PoKeZeMuNKyZ
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts
I hate Halo 3 and Reach even though I have both and still occasionally play it with friends. I started FF7 and three years down the line still havn't finished the first disc.... I haven't played any of the gears yet fully...have 2 and now 3, 3 is still sealed and 2 is getting dusty *sigh*
MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

I'm a tea bagger. :cry:

And not just in FPS games. I used to do it in World of Warcraft and many other games. I just can't help myself, I find it so childishly amusing.

Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

I dislike Halo to the point of loathing. I didn't think it was all that great to start with, and people treating it like the gospel of FPS only fueled my disdain of the series.

I've disliked every Final Fantasy from the PS2 era to current.

I thought Silent Hill; Shattered Memories was fantastic.

Aside from WoW, I've never played a Warcraft title. Never played the Starcraft of Diablo titles either.

Hubadubalubahu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Hubadubalubahu
Member since 2005 • 1081 Posts
I never beat FFX. The third Seymour fight on Mount Gagazet just kept on beating me. I was really into the story too i wish i would have finished that game. Haunts me to this day. Also I dislike the gears series. bought the first didnt like it. bought the second didnt like it. havent bought the third but i doubt ill like it. For some reason just cant get into them. something about killing locust after locust in the campaign just didnt seem fun. And i have myself to blame for not liking the multiplayer, I was crap at it, even with a shotgun. Maybe its the controls or something but cant get into that series after multiple attempts
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Never played FF VII

Never played Resi Evil 4

Never played WoW

Avatar image for detroithardcore
detroithardcore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#34 detroithardcore
Member since 2004 • 316 Posts

First and foremost I have to confess I'm addicted to trophies/achievements.:?

I am ashamed of all the time I invested in Tribes aerial assault for PS2..at least 2-3 hrs a day for years, much more on weekends :(

I own more games than I know what to do with :|

I grew up a Nintendo kid, and have lost all hope in their ability to keep me a fan. Wii will be the nail in the coffin for me

I absolutely loathe playing online games with people who can't shut up, especially kids

I love to exploit glitches

I've owned every system ever made besides a Neo-geo and turbo graffx

I've dated girls only because they were gamers

I was late to perform at one of my concerts because I had just bought a new game, my band and the crowd were less than pleased :lol:

I secretly used to sing a song about Metroid prime in a band ;)

I used to pick up hookers in GTA 3 just to kill them afterwards

Confessing my gaming sins made me feel better!

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I made it halfway through Dead Space 2 on hardcore difficulty and said screw this ;) I didn't like the game nearly as much as the first one and didn't feel like playing through it numerous times with only 3 saves. But every time someone else says they did it I'm a bit jealous.

Cow4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cow4ever
Member since 2011 • 689 Posts

I played Ocarina of Time :? such a waste of time

kiddoom93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kiddoom93

My gaming confessions are...

I can't beat Ares (the final boss) in God Of War 1 on the normal difficulty for the life of me. I always die several times and switch to easy mode. I find it strange considering I can walk through the rest of the game with ease.

I think Nintendo is trash these days and that Zelda is a rehashed series just like COD.

I bought Demon's Souls and only managed to beat one part of one world and gave up.

I enjoy IronMan 1 The Movie Game on PS3 and Xbox360.

Red Dead Redemption was meh yet GTAIV was a masterpiece in my opinion.

I think Final Fantasy and any game with japanese features to be severely annoying (can't stand the Voice acting or the characters or the anime look and feel to everything)

contracts420

I thought it was just me. :P

iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 iskeethunters
Member since 2011 • 925 Posts
I hate mario and sonic and all their games.
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
I absolutely loathe Nintendo for some reason, its just something about their consoles and games that irritate me to no end. Almost like they're an old man who's desperately trying to blend in and impress the new generation of people.
Cow4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cow4ever
Member since 2011 • 689 Posts
I absolutely loathe Nintendo for some reason, its just something about their consoles and games that irritate me to no end. Almost like they're an old man who's desperately trying to blend in and impress the new generation of people.koospetoors
yup this pretty much
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
I've never completed (without cheats) Baldur's Gate 2, Morrowind, any Gothic game, Neverwinter Nights 1/2, and the list goes on. I've spent way more time on WoW than any other game the past five years. I prefer Halo 3's multiplayer to Reach's. Jokes aside I'm actually scared of what Diablo 3 will do to my life. I've got autographs from most of the famous foreign StarCraft 2 pros, and consider them some of my most treasured possessions. I wear Pokemon t-shirts daily. I really don't give a f*** about most games. I'm not talking about 'whatever man I'm not really interested in that', I mean 'I WILL ACTIVELY TURN MY BRAIN OFF WHILE YOU TALK ABOUT THAT GAME'-like levels of indifference.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23980 Posts

I keep buying Bioware games despite never having enjoyed one since NWN: Hordes of the Underdark. And I am doing it again with SWTOR as I am highly considering pre-ordering it. Despite the fact that Bioware are my 3rd least favorite gaming company only behind Naughty Dog and Bethesda.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
I nuked Megaton on my first playthrough.

I grief my teammates whenever I feel like doing so.

Team Fortress 2 is the only Valve game I've enjoyed.

I found Ocarina of Time to be quite overrated.
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i hate Rockstar games

Silent Hill Homecoming is my favorite in the series

bought Morrowind the day it released for Xbox and still havent finished a playthrough

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
I think most JRPG's are pure garbage I think Halo is awful, it didn't innovate anything. I haven't played any games released in 2011 other than Portal 2, which I didn't enjoy very much.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

i hate Rockstar games

Silent Hill Homecoming is my favorite in the series

bought Morrowind the day it released for Xbox and still havent finished a playthrough

Flubbbs

:O Wow.

Thats as bad as not liking Ocarina of Time.

kiddoom93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kiddoom93

Never played a Metal Gear Solid game

Don't like any turn based RPG's apart from Pokemon although this is still up for debate

Never completed Oblivion after having it for 5 years

Don't like Half Life games

Never completed a Metroid game even though I have Metroid, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime Trilogy

Never completed Resident Evil 4

I only beat the original Super Mario Bros for the first time 2 weeks ago after about 15 years since getting the game

I generally do buy games based on reviews and not personal preference

Halo 2 is the best Halo multipayer there is

I had to use a walkthrough on several occasions whilst playing Twilight Princess considering though it was my first Zelda game

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Calvin079

I don't understand how poeple have massive gamebacklogs.

LaunchpadMcQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LaunchpadMcQ
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I never cared for games that take very little skill, such as Call of Duty or Halo. Because of that, I've never played them too adamantly.