Frustrating games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jajathinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Jajathinx
Member since 2010 • 175 Posts

I'm talking about those games that make you want to break your controller, shout at the TV and then 10 minutes later, you're playing it again! This always happens to me when i'm playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma on my PS3. But i know for a fact that it happens to almost everyone - so what's your frustrating game?

firefox10210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 firefox10210
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts

mw2....the amount of exploits (noob tubes, camping) in that game piss me off everytime i play...

Avatar image for NEStorianPriest
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 NEStorianPriest
Member since 2010 • 804 Posts

I love Lost Planet, but the boss battleswere frustrating. I haven't said the big queen mother of all words that much since Rally Cross for the PS1, which is still my all time filth-mouth inducing game. However, the annyoing auto catch-up AI on the first three SSX games was pretty dang annoying too. I think I said things about Margaret Thatcher I still don't feel right about.;)

Avatar image for broken_bass_bin
broken_bass_bin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 broken_bass_bin
Member since 2009 • 7515 Posts

Sonic The Hedgehog

Labyrinth Zone is a lesson in purified frustration. Especially the boss.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#5 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Any Call of Duty on hardend/veteran

Lanbeforetime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Lanbeforetime
Member since 2010 • 118 Posts

The things i have spouted while playing pokemon would put me in jail.

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

When left alone with Bad Company 1... I'm glad I didn't have a headset then.

Also, FF10. That one sequence that made you loose everyone but Yuna... I had no healing items, and finally got to the summon boss. But I died and didn't save.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdgebuckets.

ZeroHalberd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 ZeroHalberd
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts

modern warfare on veteran, ninja gaiden (ninja gaiden II for me, i never played sigma) and Final fantasy XIII! holy crap that game had like 6-hour boss battles that were impossible and you have to keep fully concentrated but then one cheap move or mistake and kill you and you have to start all over again and you feel like punching evrything in site and AARRRGGHHH! on the bright side i always feel euphoric when i finally beat it

SteelAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SteelAttack
Member since 2005 • 10520 Posts
Demon's Souls can be fairly frustrating before you hit your stride and get the combat system fundamentals under your belt. Once you've understood how to play it, it takes off to become one of the best games of the generation.
NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NEStorianPriest

Also, KZ2 on Elite was tough, but one part in particular was on the train, getting past the rpgs and the tank while endless waves of officers came at you. It took me maybe 20 or so tries to get the timing down, but when I finally did I jumped up and down and told it (the game) to do something to me that is not very respectful.I rank itamong the top must frustrating things I've ever done in a game.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Skies of Arcadia and Demons Souls. I say Skies of Arcadia (Legends), because I got to one boss in the game and saved it RIGHT BEFORE him. There was NO way of going back or gaining any items or anything. My only option was to fight him, which was literally impossible for me to win. So after 25 hours or so of playing the game, I was screwed and had no way to fix it. Now I say to multiple files in every RPG :P.

NEStorianPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NEStorianPriest

Skies of Arcadia and Demons Souls. I say Skies of Arcadia (Legends), because I got to one boss in the game and saved it RIGHT BEFORE him. There was NO way of going back or gaining any items or anything. My only option was to fight him, which was literally impossible for me to win. So after 25 hours or so of playing the game, I was screwed and had no way to fix it. Now I say to multiple files in every RPG :P.

NaveedLife

Ugh! I did that in FF7 in the Temple of the Ancients. I got stuck with barely any ethers or potions to fight the Demon Gate. Had to start over!:cry:

Avatar image for Stealin-Shadows
Stealin-Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Stealin-Shadows
Member since 2010 • 69 Posts

God of War 3 on Titan difficulty is the most recent game for me.:cry:

It was a b**ch but I got the Platinum.:D

allthatdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 allthatdown
Member since 2008 • 1229 Posts

The things i have spouted while playing pokemon would put me in jail.

Lanbeforetime

This, I swear everything is against your favour in the pokemon games!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts
Split/Second, it's so hard, but that's kind of what I like about it, every victory feels earned. Feel the same way about the Motorstorm games, frustrating but I love them.
EzekyleAbadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EzekyleAbadon
Member since 2010 • 1391 Posts

Definately Ninja Gaiden II

TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts

COD WAW on Veteren

fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts
the call of duty franchise... though the only offline game i have gotten angry at is ninja gaiden just by how god damn cheap the bosses are if your gonna make the game hard dont go the half-assed lazy route a good example of not doing it half assed is demons souls
Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

Officially the most annoying game ever made is the late APB (all points bulliton), a game with criminals and enforcers who go at it in missions vs one another. What made this game so annoying is the fact it's a very competitive online game which attracted a good portion of the counterstrike community (which isn't a good thing) and open world voice chat so you could hear the people for pricks they are. Add to this a game server rife with blatant cheating with the use of aimbots, easy to exploit system if you have a friend who played with you, plus a failed matchmaking system which didn't think itself through. I don't know if there will ever be another game like APB, it had it's good points but it was certainly the game that drove an honest player mad with rage.

I could go into detail of the game since I played it from it's start to finish with a group of friends. I even cheated in the end as we were going to quit anyway, we were never baned and we made no attempt to even hide the fact we were cheating.

Nikojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nikojin
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts

Any of the Midnight Clubs. No matter how good you are or how well you know the tracks, the randomness of the traffic will always annihilate you when you least expect it. I'm surprised I haven't broken more controllers polaying that game. Still, no matter how frustrating it got, I couldn't stop playing!

anthonycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthonycg
Member since 2009 • 2017 Posts

Midnight Club 4. You literally had to drivve almost perfectly or the rediculous rubberband ai would pass you by and you'd never get back in the race. EVER. One crash would ensure that you lost the race so singleplayer wasn't fun at all. Multiplayer ended up being the same way unless you could cheat like everyone else. So that game has nothing appealing to it anymore.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

In Final Fantasy X. The fight with Seymour on Mt. Gagazet :x

fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts

In Final Fantasy X. The fight with Seymour on Mt. Gagazet :x

Solid_Link22
that fight made me quit playing the game for awhile but the fight with yunalesca was WAY worse
Flamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Flamuel
Member since 2009 • 236 Posts

mw2....the amount of exploits (noob tubes, camping) in that game piss me off everytime i play...

firefox10210

building on that, when it says press 'V' not to die....I F"£$"! pressed V!!!!!!

Anicsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Anicsin
Member since 2009 • 116 Posts

hmm... Lionheart, on of the most annoying games.

Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts

Ninja Gaiden and Gunvalkyrie

Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
mw2 no doubt is most frustrating game in the world , im talking about multiplayer ... that game has just worst balance in entire gaming history ...
norolim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 norolim
Member since 2005 • 133 Posts

Football Manager:

- when playing against a weak team their goalkeeper always has the day of his life, no matter how bad his skills are;

- forwards usually play th eball back when in 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper;

- the player u've just bought sacrificing ur whole transfer budget will break his leg in the 1st match and be injured till the end of his contract;

- strong opposition always score 5 seconds before the final whistle, if drawing

- if u buy a player whose ability is way over teams average, he will usually be the worst performer in ur team cause if he played to his potential u would actually have a chance to win some matches...etc ;)

CatsareTropic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CatsareTropic
Member since 2010 • 32 Posts

As much as I love playing Bad Company 2.... I simultaneously get annoyed and frustrated with it just as much. Seems the only good thing to hide behind is a dumpster.