Freezing Issue with GTA (PS3)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blayde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blayde-
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts

Well, I stayed up late to pick up a copy of GTAIV from Wal MArt and right now it's looking like a complete waste of time. While I play the game the picture freezes and the sound contiues to play. I have erased the install and re-installed twice and I still get the same proablem.

Anyone else hae this issue?

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#2 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

nope

Blayde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blayde-

Well, it looks like there are many other with the same issue. I just looked on google and there is already a 6 page topic in the Playsation Forums.

Well, launch ruined for me until a patch comes out or I get assurances that a new copy of the game will fix the issue.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Well, non of my friends are having the problem, i dont have the game yet so i'll respond when i get :( but I hope it starts working for u soon. I know how much it sucks to not be able to play a game u are highly anticipating (my X360 broke after playing halo3 for 10 minutes, and my PS2 broke the day before GoW2 was released...that was sorta my fault though :P)
Blayde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blayde-

Well, non of my friends are having the problem, i dont have the game yet so i'll respond when i get :( but I hope it starts working for u soon. I know how much it sucks to not be able to play a game u are highly anticipating (my X360 broke after playing halo3 for 10 minutes, and my PS2 broke the day before GoW2 was released...that was sorta my fault though :P)II_Seraphim_II

Thanks man, I went and exchanged the game this morning, I'm hoping that will work.

patriots2871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 patriots2871
Member since 2007 • 21445 Posts
wow man that sucks, guess you should have got it for the xbox 360;)
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#7 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
wow man that sucks, guess you should have got it for the xbox 360;)patriots2871
I've heard it's an issue on the 360 as well. Here's to hoping my copy won't do it when I pick it up tonight.
butler12uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 butler12uk
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

i just bought mine and found it jumped alot in the first cutscene movie, then the gameplay froze with the sound still going. ive reinstalled it n hope its ok now....

butler12uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 butler12uk
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
looks like its still doing it grr. duno whether to take it back or whether its a problem that will b fixed by a patch from rockstar...
Blayde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blayde-

looks like its still doing it grr. duno whether to take it back or whether its a problem that will b fixed by a patch from rockstar...butler12uk

I will not have a chance to try my new copy until later tonight.

Avatar image for IOwnMasterChief
IOwnMasterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 IOwnMasterChief
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
i am having the same problem, with xbox 360, ive looked at other posts and they have said ps3 will freeze and continue sound. Xbox 360 is just stopping all together. I just went to my local game store and picked up another copy. It also, doesn't work. I'm pissed aswell blayde, so don't feel bad, i was waiting at gamecrazy sense 6pm last night......
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
This thread over at NeoGAF is keeping track of the problem, and trying to figure out solutions. Keep an eye on it, because it will probably be the first place that either figures out the problem, or it will be one of the first places to get news on what is going on and what Rockstar is doing to fix the problem.
Blayde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blayde-

i am having the same problem, with xbox 360, ive looked at other posts and they have said ps3 will freeze and continue sound. Xbox 360 is just stopping all together. I just went to my local game store and picked up another copy. It also, doesn't work. I'm pissed aswell blayde, so don't feel bad, i was waiting at gamecrazy sense 6pm last night......IOwnMasterChief

Ouch man, I went to Wal Mart about 15 minutes before midnight so at least I have that going for me. I hope they fix this thing soon because I was just getting to the good stuff.

Thanks for the link to Neo GaF Rags, I saw that thread too as I was depserately searching for an quick fix.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts
i am having the same problem, with xbox 360, ive looked at other posts and they have said ps3 will freeze and continue sound. Xbox 360 is just stopping all together. I just went to my local game store and picked up another copy. It also, doesn't work. I'm pissed aswell blayde, so don't feel bad, i was waiting at gamecrazy sense 6pm last night......IOwnMasterChief

I hate to say it, but you have the symptoms of a broken 360. I can almost guarantee you that it's not the game, it's your console. Get MS on the horn and arrange a return.
Iszk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Iszk
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts
No problems for me on the PS3 version.
rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
I've had two freezes now. :( I'm going to let my PS3 cool down for a bit and try again. I had no issues in my first ten hours with the game, so I'm hoping that maybe my PS3 just got a little warm from this crazy marathon session.