First Person Shooter Games Cannot Possibly Get Worst

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for UltimateRanter2
UltimateRanter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 UltimateRanter2
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
2 games this fall already has disappointed me, Black ops 2 Medal of Honor Warfighter These rushed generic and cliche fps games continue to trick me into buying. The recent call of duty, or maybe not so recent which is black ops 2, proved to be better than black ops 2 Medal of Honor, WTH its so generic and has nothing special to the series and the developers actually expected it to set cod bo2 sales back? omg omg must buy medal of honor the most generic shooter out there. Really?
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
The games are fine (yes, even Medal Of Honor). You, sir, just need a genre change. Think you can survive without shooting someone in the face ?
Spark01ply

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spark01ply
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

The recent call of duty, or maybe not so recent which is black ops 2, proved to be better than black ops 2UltimateRanter2

wut?

LightEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 LightEffect
Member since 2012 • 63 Posts

I recently wrote a blog that can relate to this, check it out.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/LightEffect/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25999152

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
These rushed generic and cliche fps games continue to trick me into buyingUltimateRanter2
Dude this is like the 5th CoD game with the same formula since CoD 4. Did you honestly expect BO2 would be any different from the previous installments? :P
Avatar image for Voice_of_Wisdom
Voice_of_Wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Voice_of_Wisdom
Member since 2011 • 52 Posts

yeah, we're living in the era of corridor shooters (thanks COD!). How sad:(

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

try far cry 3

KrYojeNiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KrYojeNiX
Dont get me started on black ops ii, apart from being unlawfully banned with NO PROOF GIVEN as there is none to give, not even a vac ban on my account so wtf, kinda sucks right there! Daylight Robbery ! Number 1 in the world on most stats and all gone ! Cant even admit they made a mistake. Tossers ! The game is also plagued by problems, which isn't really a surprise when looking back on the last few releases after pc users had their games consoled. Makes you wonder if Treyarch are actually capable of fixing issues or writing a game that works as it should. Many yet again cant even play the game on their pc's. Being disconnected after spending hours setting high score rounds only to find now it doesn't even count where you were when they Shut you Off. If migrate happens all score for kills, revive and deaths can turn to 0 on the records. (probably dont even count what you did have towards your stats then ?) Instakills and Kabooms seriously bugged and delayed as many other features and menu's broke the list goes on. Just wish i wasn't so addicted to killing zombies and loved the movement of cod version so much, otherwise my finger would be held high in the air to the total bunch of money grabbing As**oles Most people wonder why they are all the same game now from one release to the next too, probably because they have no talent at Activision or Treyarch and because they stopped the home modding community like it used to have years ago so they now are getting no inspiration from those that made stuff so have nothing to steal and include in future releases. A lot i feel is down to gaming becoming stale too, many years the same games with same format, just slightly better graphics, the fact they try pump out too many games rather than waiting longer between releases, They used to say it was 4 years or so for most big games in development, no wonder cods are so crap when they can release a new 1 every year ! no new innovations, still playing on a flat screen, chances are fps's like cod wont ever get any better now until other areas of technology advance opening the doors to new possibilities to gaming, for example holographic projections, 360 screens or signals sent straight to the brain with sensors to read your mind, multipoint kinect/ eyetoy style sensors but more advanced etc, so many avenues to follow, just takes time and research. I can't wait for the future and want it now :D
Wobosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Wobosh
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts
Something that might be fun would be to create a background app where you can program the cursor from a launch point to move to x spot at y time and then make z keyboard input - then refine the complete set of instructions to make the app successfully play thru the whole game scoring max points etc. - ie. SP campaigns in these games have become THAT fixed corridor style with precisiely timed preset + same every time events etc.! I gave up on Black Ops 2 after the ridiculous escape thru the jungle to the river mission (second one is it?) - utter crap - game mechanics and graphics suggest multiplayer might be cool but I'm a SP player so my game went back for a refund. Indeed Far Cry 3 (and Boiling Point and White Gold before it) are a nice move in a better direction. A WW2 themed Far Cry 3 style game would be nice next - as would a Shadow of Chernobyl series remake using the Far Cry 3 (Boiling Point etc.) concept... Oh well, we can dream at least I suppose.
GangsterFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GangsterFresh
I am not really sure i agree little with you, but not entirely
XBloodyGamingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XBloodyGamingX
I really think after cs first person shooters kinda went downhill from there.. Just my opinion.