SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

https://www.first4figures.com/groups/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-revali.html

For $115, you interested, GD?

This looks really good for the price.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11683 Posts

Enjoy the Zelda franchise as a whole, but not the biggest fan of Breath of the Wild. I personally reviewed it as a 7/10 after my first playthrough.

Its ludicrous focus on micro-management/ weapon-hording and cooking I do not think was a good fit for the series.

Also probably because have always vocally been against openworlds, for the sake of open worlds. Didn't fit MGS and while I think BotW did a far better job, the focus on openworld means the dungeons took a hit, and on that note the dungeons in BotW are bland and unmemorable. Let's also not pretend that the game doesn't suffer from bad framerate dips, it's the Bloodborne of Switch.

My final note is, many love the climbing aspect of the game. However I've already played Dragon's Dogma and Shadow of the Colossus so the mechanic isn't impressive. And only is if one has lived under a rock since 2005.Dragon's Dogma in particular, while flawed in its own ways has the best climbing/ mounting, and one of the finest combat system(s) in any game period I've had the privilege of playing.

*Summary- I think BotW is a good openworld game, a 'meh' Zelda game. And if someone has played either game (in climbing paragraph); one will likely be even less impressed with Breath of the Wild.