AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

User Lists: 0

Edited By AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

Okay here we go something I wanted to share last. During the PlayStation 5 announcement they showed a trailer announcing Final Fantasy XVI. Okay from watching the trailer it showed that it goes back to a proper medieval fantasy setting which is good, the story and characters on the other hand is I don't know not interesting enough but the gameplay does not impress me one bit. It's going to be yet another Action RPG and my god you'd think by now they learn.

This shows how much the mighty have fallen and that it just tries and tries too hard to imitate Kingdom Hearts and Tales of Series style combat systems and have never really worked. You know that big kid that sees his younger sibling do something that he never did before and said to his mother "I can do it too!" Only that he screws up and makes a huge mess of himself. That's modern day Final Fantasy in a nutshell.How about go back to turn based Final Fantasy because you are not good at making Action RPGs as evidenced in Final Fantasy VII Remake and I will be reviewing that soon once I beat that game. I'm Chapter 14 right now doing some of the optional content before eventually tackling the remaining parts of the story.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#1 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@AQWBlaZer91 said:

This shows how much the mighty have fallen and that it just tries and tries too hard to imitate Kingdom Hearts...

There is much irony in your statement, but let's focus on the game announcement itself.

It looks okay. Thing is, Final Fantasy has been Square's "Innovation" RPG franchise for some time now, and i don't think it is realistic to expect them not to try and cater to new audiences.

I think the setting looks okay, and the gameplay is very much in line with what sells these days. They haven't shown any UI yet, but i feel this is going to be similar to XV in many ways.

Personally, i haven't been excited about a new FF in a long time, since XII as a matter of fact. Everything that came after has been designed for a newer audience.

wolfpup7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 wolfpup7
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

@AQWBlaZer91: I like the active battle system and miss it, but I’ve liked every mainline game so far. 15 is in my backlog though, and 7 remake (and 16) I’ll get when they hit Xbox. I’m skeptical-ish about the battle systems but hoping for the nest...

I had gigantic problems with the 7 prequel and that action game spinoff though, which...also makes me nervous.

sippio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 sippio
Member since 2015 • 2581 Posts

FF changed around 10 or 12.

I would love to have seen innovation in the Dragon Quest rpg style that older FF brought..

GUYS,, how is the older FF ports on PC/Steam?

Like 3-12? are any of em worth revisiting?

and does PC make a difference or should i just play a console port?