fallout 3 not as good as fallout new vegas.

Maxim9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Maxim9999
Member since 2015 • 53 Posts

Anyone here like fallout new vegas? i played and beat it and i thought it was a lot better tan fallout 3.I have yet to play fallout 4 but i want to.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Most people knew this 5 years ago.

Lots of people prefer 3, but New Vegas is most definitely the better game, and the better "Fallout" game by far. 3 is just Fallout in name only.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Fallout 3 was more how shall I put it...innovative?

New Vegas was better at everything else. More true to the lore, much better writing, much more interesting characters, better DLC's and better gameplay. It's probably even worse than Fallout 3 in terms of bugs because of all the interacting variables though.

360mli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 360mli
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts

i think I had more fun playing New Vegas, but I'm more fond of FO3 becuz I finished it [NV glitched]

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

nv is not the near faultless rpg that many would suggest. both had their fair share of strengths and weaknesses. vegas had the better writing and rpg depth although f3 had that "came first" factor which gave it more of an initial impact and is possibly a factor as to why plenty of people prefer it out of the two

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

That is a common opinion and one I agree with.

Fallout 3 was novel at the time, a pretty cool interpretation of the franchise. Fallout: New Vegas kind of perfected it. Fallout 4 was fun, but lacked that certain something that made Fallout 3 and especially Fallout NV thoroughly enjoyable for multiple playthroughs.

New Vegas had some awesome DLC, too.

@Juub1990 said:

Fallout 3 was more how shall I put it...innovative?

New Vegas was better at everything else. More true to the lore, much better writing, much more interesting characters, better DLC's and better gameplay. It's probably even worse than Fallout 3 in terms of bugs because of all the interacting variables though.

Totally. I think that's more because of Obsidian (the developer) than anything. Amazing game makers, but terrible with quality control lol.

Same thing with Alpha Protocol; awesome game, buggy mess at launch.

They follow through and fix their games, but at release? Not so great.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#7 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@maxim9999 said:

Anyone here like fallout new vegas? i played and beat it and i thought it was a lot better tan fallout 3.I have yet to play fallout 4 but i want to.

Well, aren´t you lucky that this is a forum where everyone is free to their own opinion.

I for one liked Fallout 3 a lot more than New Vegas , New Vegas was good and the hotel dlc was one of the better ones i've played.

But fallout 3 was just that tad better written and had a much better map and feel to it. and then you add the dlc which puts it further ahead.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I prefer 3 over New Vegas. I thought New Vegas was better in that it payed more homage to the original games and I like that it had better writing. But the gameplay and graphics were essentially copy-and-paste from 3. From what I remember there were more quests in New Vegas, but they were really short and repetitive. The things that really killed New Vegas for me were the bugs. I never experienced so many in a game before. I usually stop playing games because of that but in this case I thought the game was worth seeing and playing through to the end. I shouldn't have had to look up work-arounds for bugs...no one should. It would be nice if they had even bothered to support it further with patches. Thank the Spaghetti Monster for a loyal fanbase on their wikia page. If it weren't for that I would have never completed it.

Madc0w1011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Madc0w1011
Member since 2016 • 39 Posts

I thought Fallout 3 was much better then New Vegas mainly due to one play through. I started a new character in New Vegas after completing the game with a sniper build for my first play through. I decided to use a character based solely on speech and Charisma. It took no time at all to beat the game with this. Every time I encountered a challenge I passed the speech checks and I was in Vegas in no time flat. Then by the time I got around to the final battle I just passed a quick speech check and BAM game over. Now I didn't try this with Fallout 3 as after I did this I felt like New Vegas lost a lot of its appeal.

AdmiralAdmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AdmiralAdmiral
Member since 2016 • 94 Posts

New Vegas is the better Fallout, yes.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

@madc0w1011 said:

I thought Fallout 3 was much better then New Vegas mainly due to one play through. I started a new character in New Vegas after completing the game with a sniper build for my first play through. I decided to use a character based solely on speech and Charisma. It took no time at all to beat the game with this. Every time I encountered a challenge I passed the speech checks and I was in Vegas in no time flat. Then by the time I got around to the final battle I just passed a quick speech check and BAM game over. Now I didn't try this with Fallout 3 as after I did this I felt like New Vegas lost a lot of its appeal.

Lol, speech checks. Funny how people complain that they're not in 4, but they're kind of stupid aren't they?

Anyway, I prefer fallout 3 over new vegas by a mile. Just better atmosphere and characters.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Yes but I encountered the most glitches in new vegas.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#13 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I've seen this said so many times that I feel like I'm in the minority at this point. I might not really be, but there's a very vocal circlejerk when it comes to New Vegas vs. Fallout 3 and Bethesda vs. Obsidian. I personally don't think either is "much better" than the other. They're both amazing in their own ways. Almost nothing tops Fallout 3's setting and atmosphere for me. New Vegas brought forth many little improvements and the game felt more "alive" I guess, but its locations didn't intrigue me as much and it was more of a technical mess than Fallout 3. I've also yet to play Fallout 4 and I am curious as to what I'll think of it in comparison. If its more like 3 then I'll probably like it. But I dunno, some of the changes still seem a little off-putting to me, but I'll get around to playing it eventually.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I think I would have enjoy new vegas a lot more if the world was more interesting, and it if had a less branching storyline wih a greater emphaize on the major characters besides ceaser, mr house.. Maybe cut some sidequests and make sidequests longer.

TheManofPears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheManofPears
Member since 2016 • 284 Posts

Enjoyed both 3 and NV. I prefer 3 due to the map, atmosphere and it was the first one I played.

I enjoyed the openess of NV and the DLC was great. Old World Blues ran like rubbish, which almost ruined the amazing writing.

Got Fallout 4 last Christmas, still haven't finished it. It's been my biggest gaming disappointment. I see why people like it, it's more like Far Cry: Fallout Edition.

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

I liked Fallout 3 quite a bit, although I strongly believe that the starting hour till you get to the game proper is one of the worst in any game. Still I think it's much better than anything else Bethesda has made since Morrowind.

New Vegas, though, for me is a masterpiece, one of the best RPGs ever made and thus vastly superior to Fallout 3.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

I agree, but I still love Fallout 3 more personally. Both of these games stay installed on my Steam library (I delete many games that have little replay value after I finish them) and both of them are still LEAGUES better than the garbage that is Fallout 4, which is just an FPS, Borderlands-style Fallout game. But I've bitched about F4 too much on this site.

Maxim9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Maxim9999

The thing about NV is:The dlc had impact on the final decision.

Your actions to groups of people either the guys in new vegas the mutants or even the rangers and legionaires.

To me:What i liked, is that there is no true perfect ending.No matter what you do, someone will suffer.The best ending, is the one where you try to do the least damage and make as many people happy.I destroyed the legionaires and befriended most other groups except the powder gang.

I admit the atmosphere was really good in fallout 3.Its just that fallout 3 has the most shallow black and white ending ever.It also helps i never played the dlc because i didnt get it.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I loved FO:NV. I thought it was better from a mechanics standpoint. They took what they did in FO3 and polished it.

However I prefer the world design and the overall flow of the original FO3.

gooch4011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gooch4011
Member since 2016 • 139 Posts

I loved the both

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

I played and finished NV. It had a pretty bad ass ending to have an army at your disposal in a post apocalypse setting like that. Which also gave you the option to take over, which I did. Also completed a ton of side quests.

I also played F3 for 30 hours and didn't finish it. Largely because I didn't know how to get better weapons and armor. I may do so someday on PC. But it had a really depressing vive to it. And from what I played, I don't think I'll enjoy F3 as much as Vegas.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

Not in every way, I personally had less technical issue with FO3 at release then NV at release. I had a save corruption that killed 6 hours of gameplay in NV. Just about everything Obsidian studio even development was a technical mess.

Helghast_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Helghast_Merc
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

@maxim9999: FNV felt like Fallout 3, on steroids. Well, that, and a little more old school in comparison to the first two Fallout games. Although I really like Fallout 3 alot, I have to say that I enjoyed FNV a bit more.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

NV was built from Fallout 3 so they know some game play they can work with and to add.

For me Fallout 4 took out most of the RPG elements from the game.

Maxim9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Maxim9999

@wiouds: I am getting fallout 4 for my birthday so i get to buy it.I think i probably should have waited to get the version with all the add ons.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#26 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@maxim9999:

I kinda didn't like New Vegas. I guess it was mainly the setting. Fallout 3 was this huge destroyed metropolitan world with fascinating ruins and bunkers. Vegas was mostly boring desert.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@maxim9999: I agree Fallout new Vegas is my favorite modern fallout game.

chitosan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chitosan87
Member since 2012 • 103 Posts

I must say, Fo3 gave us incredible world environment in ruins. When I first play it, it makes me realize how bad the world is going to be when we have nuke wars. But New Vegas has a very interesting stories.

Fallout 4 has beautiful graphics. It fps system was quite better. But its stories, I mean side stories, it was less interesting than New Vegas. I haven’t finish the game, since I kept look forward to any side missions but then I got bored along the way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#29 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

2011 is gonna be a great year!!!

Maxim9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Maxim9999

@hillelslovak: Wait what? were you in a time machine? don't you mean 2011 was a great year since it passed?

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#32 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I'm not sure, really. NV is great, and others have mentioned it is much more of a true Fallout game in style and execution. But at the end of the day I had more fun with Fallout 3.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

New Vegas was more of a homage to FO1 and FO2.

"Lonely cowboy"

FO3 was more urban, gritty, innovative, action, etc.

I replayed that game about 5 times because I couldn't decide between Megaton shack or the luxurious apartment (in the end, shack felt better to me.)

FO4 is closer to FO3 than NV, more action-packed.