deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Started playing the game today and it's one of the rare cases when I'm ready to drop the game without giving it too much chance to prove me wrong.

Above all I find the controls/camera atrocious. Don't know exactly why but for the first time ever I'm getting light motion sickness from a game. It feels too slow and sluggish and I hate having half the screen filled with the character's back.

Dialogues are kind of lame too, reminding me of early Resident Evil games. And, I know I'm just in the beginning, but the story seems just like a bunch of silly horror ideas thrown together.

It's becoming more and more the biggest disappointment of the year and I don't know if it's worth to play much more.

Opinions? Will the game get better? Anyone else had issues with movement/gameplay?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11671 Posts

@phbz: Survival Horror games tend to be slow paced and overall reads as if it's more a list of personal gripes, than the games fault itself. Writing in the game isn't that bad either_

Well; if it's not to your taste from the point you hit Chapter 4. That would be a good indication it's not your kind of game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

I've turned off chromatic aberration and it seems to help with the motion sickness.

PETERAKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 PETERAKO
Member since 2007 • 2579 Posts

go to mcdonalds then

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Give it another 3 hours and come back with your thoughts.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RSM-HQ

@omegamaster said:

Give it another 3 hours and come back with your thoughts.

Probably the best advice to people trying either The Evil Within game for the first time.

Both follow a similar structure to start.

The first two chapters for both are very cinematic and scripted only giving you the choice to sneak, run, along with getting your first weapons/ easily telegraphed enemies at the chapters end. Trying to put in your head the best options for survival and progression.

Chapter 3 for both games is when you're given all the tools to play as you see fit, no more kid gloves. So best way to look at the beginning is a lengthy tutorial; without the games ever calling them tutorials lol.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 torenojohn7
Member since 2012 • 551 Posts

No Ruvik No buy, as simple as that! you can't tease me Ruvik at the end of the game and give me this bullshit.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ
@torenojohn7 said:

No Ruvik No buy, as simple as that! you can't tease me Ruvik at the end of the game and give me this bullshit.

That's like saying you never played Resident Evil 2 because it lacks Albert Wesker.

Ruviks easily my favorite character in TEW games, Stefano being a close second. But that's a pretty dumb excuse to avoid the sequel dood. . . Also knowing you spoiled the game for yourself adds further questions for if you ever had the interest in trying the game anyway :/

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By torenojohn7

@RSM-HQ: Except, Wesker was a dumb villain and i was glad he died like a moron in RE1 and i facepalmed when he came back in CV(One of the dumbest RE games but that's for another discussion). Anyway, ruvik on the other hand has a very good V.A and his story is interesting. Ruvik CREATED STEM, TEW2 should've been all about Ruvik in Leslie's body wrecking havoc not this dumb corporation and a "guy in a suit" villain, like gimme a break! i don't care about this washed up clueless cop and his stupid family or this umbrella wannabe corporation.

The whole setting of TEW was perfect survival horror material, you were inside the mind of a psychopathic Serial killer and all the monstrosities represented the twisted psyche of Ruvik but here the core of STEM is a little freaking girl!? oh yeah! we're gonna fight barbie and barney the dinosaur, are we? and the kicker is that Lily isn't really mentally damaged, either! Gotta have those happy endings, i guess?

P.S: I really don't care about spoilers when i'm talking about a story i have -0% interest in, screw this game! the story of TEW2 is dumpster fire and it killed any interest i had in this series.

john_coronado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 john_coronado
Member since 2013 • 75 Posts

This proves somehow that Shinji should return to Capcom. Nothing against with The Evil Within franchise, but he will always still do better things in Capcom if we'll set aside their conflict back in 2005. One-sided viewpoint, his masterpiece will always be RE. Anyway, I also experienced that little motion sickness when I played the game for the first time. It sucks..

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ

@torenojohn7: Continue the salt.

Seems you're just moaning for the sake of moaning, The Evil Within 2 has three psychopaths in the game. Its intent isn't to replace Ruvik and the game commonly states that the first game was worse on his psyche overall. Difference is his daughter is connected to this experience so Sebastian has a more compelling motive to succeed.

You continuously complain that it's not the first game, but is a simple matter of 'no shit' it's the sequel! If you wanted Ruviks freaky mentality and escape from Mobius plot? Play the first game again, it's not gone or anything.

As for 'just a guy in a suit' and the rest, it comes across as the stupidest summary I've seen for TEW2.

However, on a final note, even with how you think of this game (being a butthurt Ruvik fanboi). Throwing out all manner of spoilers to a list of people who 'clearly' haven't finished the game, and not using spoiler block_

You're basically displaying the equivalent of internet garbage. Spoiling new games you yourself haven't even played.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By torenojohn7

@RSM-HQ: Hey, hey hey! Asshole, go **** yourself! I don't like a shitty game and you're gonna start passive aggressive troll me? **** off! I'm not in exactly a very good mood to put up with assholes like you!

"You continuously complain that it's not the first game"
No, i was talking about how the story is DOGSHIT and how i don't give 2 fucks about sebastian's family or the new villains.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RSM-HQ
@torenojohn7 said:

@RSM-HQ:

"You continuously complain that it's not the first game"

No, i complained how the story is DOGSHIT

Actually, you basically did. Do I need to add more of your quotes?

Hey, hey hey! Asshole, go **** yourself!

Take your own advice. I'm not spoiling new games, especially ones I've never played, but think what I state is valid. How about you return to System-Wars or whatever hole you crawled out from Sweet Cheeks. Around here we know what spoiler block is_

I don't like a shitty game and you're gonna start passive aggressive troll me

Well reviewed, well received from Survival Horror fans, some scrub who watched a streamer states it's "shitty"? Seems legit, lol.

Game has been getting averages of 8s and very positive on Steam and other online services, you know, people who have to buy the game to make review statements. Your opinion is trash. And learn what troII means.

i don't give 2 fucks about sebastian's family or the new villains.

Considering you rewrote the story like a toddler doing rocket-science, I'm going to assume you consider watching some streamer playing TEW2, skipping story sections, as a good grasp of the plot lol_ Frankly the plot in TEW2 isn't that great anyway, felt to resolve the Kidman DLCs, and like the first game isn't TEWs strong point, but Stefano is certainly a highlight. Just not as special as Ruvik being the bigger/ more interesting freak.

Let's be honest, you never considered buying this game dood. Fess up! Regardless you're still scum for spoiling a new game on a thread with people deciding if they like the game early-on. Not cool.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

First thing i did was increase the FOV so the guy wouldn't be in my face. Granted, if you're on console you're out of luck in that regard.

It's not a great game, for sure, but it's mostly enjoyable if you play it stealthily. Buy these skills:

Sneaking speed 1 and 2, corner takedown and stamina increase immediately, then save up for the predator and bullet cascade skills. no real need to increase health or healing items until much later.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By torenojohn7

@RSM-HQ:

"Actually, you basically did. Do I need to add more of your quotes?"

Please do tell me where i said "TEW2 is not exactly like the first game so it sucks" all i said was that the story of TEW2 sucks and it should have followed Ruvik as he's the creator of STEM and there's remotely interesting about seabass and his family. IDC if Lily or his wife dies, i don't care if he drowns in his own vomit after drinking too much. His family acted as a motivation for him in TEW but here's they're the main plot! like why not just get a new protagonist rather than shoehorning his family in the middle of the plot to FORCE him into being involved? Contrived nonsense! Also, if Lily is in the core how come she isn't controlling everything&everyone like Ruvik!? I don't even care.... this story sucks.

"Let's be honest, you never considered buying this game dood."

WTF made you think i ever did, you neanderthal!? I'd rather re-buy REmake 10 times for consoles that i don't even own and it would still be a better use of money. At least, i'd be supporting something that is good and it would send the developers a positive message.

"rewrote the story like a toddler doing rocket-science"

You mean, the story which is already like written by lobotomised monkeys? also, i'm not gonna put spoiler tags if you're not gonna act civil! If you were polite and not a fucking cancerous Kunt i would have put spoiler tags.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RSM-HQ

@torenojohn7:

"TEW2 is not exactly like the first game so it sucks"

Quoting something I didn't even put is hilarious. My comment reflects that you've been complaining that you >want< TEW(original) all over again instead of something progressively different to be considered a sequel. If you want TEW1.5? play the Kidman DLCs, not a fan of them myself, too much forced stealth and knocking on walls.

WTF made you think i ever did

Watching the entire story on a streaming service/ or other video sources is a dead giveaway. But you can just think I'm psychic if you like (I'm not) ;)

I'd rather re-buy REmake 10 times for consoles that i don't even own and it would still be a better use of money

Remake is excellent, but considering you've never played TEW2. . how would you know lol. But may I recommend Demento/ Haunting Ground. Would be a shame to just buy the same game repeatedly when variety is the spice of life. I'm not even committed to recommend The Evil Within 2 to someone like yourself. Because apparently watching it counts.

not gonna put spoiler tags if you're not gonna act civil

Ser, I personally don't care, it's more me thinking for those that haven't finished the game. This whole thread was about early impressions. I've personally already beaten the game continuous times lol.

And for the certain call of "civil" I'm not the one who came in writing words like "bullshit". Nor here to really care if you're in a bad mood, but certainly not going to put up with an attitude that's unjustified to the game in question. Now if you had some real complaints to make I'd be happy to join you in TEW2s errors. Like the awkward climbing that glitches all the time_

Kunt

Can someone translate this for me? I'm looking it up and getting nothing lol. Oddly it auto corrects it to Kurt Angle in my English translator o_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Calm down guys!?

Update: It turns out that the motion sickness was making me too judgemental of other aspects.

As I've said before, turning off chromatic aberration solved that for me and I'm now enjoying the game. Still think the game has some flaws but I also think it has some brilliant moments. And I hope one could adjust fov on console, because it kinda sucks.

BobTheHollow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 BobTheHollow
Member since 2017 • 70 Posts

@phbz: I agree with you. The story makes no sense, the characters are lackluster, the AI is terrible, the sandbox is just an excuse to be lazy... and about the ongoing argument regarding the first game... I don't wanna get involved in the discussion that followed (please don't involve me in the discussion that followed), but I do take an issue with how much the second game pushes the first one down our throats (they can't stop talking about Beacon, there are the ghost sections, and we literally go to Beacon to upgrade our skills...) just so they can (allegedly) promote their DLC. All and all, you can have some fun if you don't mind driving Sebastian around (movement and aiming really feels weird in this game), but the game is faaaaar from good and I really wish they wouldn't charge a full $60 for it...

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RSM-HQ
@phbz said:

Calm down guys!?

My bad, partly responsible for turning your thread on its face lol.

Game is certainly flawed in a few areas, the climbing is my biggest gripe along with reused bosses to sponge out the game. Also personally just stopped enjoying it as much after the Stefano section. The other two just felt more cheesy like Wesker in Resi 5. Despite that, still having some great boss battles and one awesome area mid-game.

The second from last boss (utility pole monster) is probably one of my favourites. . Yet found it odd it's just kinda thrown in with no explanation.

*I would recommend not reading the spoiler marks till you've beaten the game. Spoilers suck for any game_

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 torenojohn7

@RSM-HQ:

"comment reflects that you've been complaining that you >want< TEW(original) all over again instead of something progressively different to be considered a sequel"
Its like whatever i say, you automatically ignore it and keep repeating the same points. Since when is story following Ruvik's exploits instead of Sebastian's family issues "First game all over again"!? Is wesker coming back in CV&RE5 "First RE game all over again"!?

"I'm not the one who came in writing words like "bullshit".
I did not use those words to insult a person, so unless TEW2 is your mother i said nothing offensive. But YOU are being a Kunt to me just because i do not like this game.

"Can someone translate this for me? I'm looking it up and getting nothing lol"
I can't type "C U N T" it gets censored, you kkunt!

"Now if you had some real complaints"
The story is dumpster fire, it kills the mood of the game for me! that doesn't count as a legitimate complaint?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RSM-HQ

@torenojohn7:

I can't type "C U N T" it gets censored, you kkunt!

Ah thank you. Now I have an idea of what it means and what part of the world uses that particular profanity.

You may assume I should be offended, opposite; enjoy reading new ways spiteful posters throw insults, when they realise whatever argument they had was extremely weak to the point of hilarity.

Autistic screeching is not an argument after all_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@bobthehollow: As someone who didn't played the first game, the continuous references to the first game are more annoying then compelling. Makes the narrative kind of unappealing to me, specially because nothing they throw at me sparks my curiosity.

I like the open world to be honest, until now at least. Specially how ammo is scarce but really well balanced with the progression and exploration. Also like the feeling when I get to a new building. Feels like a nice reward.

BobTheHollow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BobTheHollow

@phbz: The thing with the open world in this game is first that it doesn't suite the horror genre, in my opinion. It makes the game less scary, considering that you can come and go as you please and you can see all the enemies from miles away... also, there's very little to actually make these parts interesting, there aren't quests, there isn't emergent storytelling, all the encounters are scripted to the bone, and the AI can't handle the openness of the open world... Play it to the end then let me know if you've changed your mind about it.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By torenojohn7

@RSM-HQ:
"when they realise whatever argument they had was extremely weak to the point of hilarity"
"Autistic screeching is not an argument after all"
Psychological projection at its finest! I say a game sucks and i list some reasons. Some f@ggot replies with "UR just butthurt, a fanboy who can't accept new things" and then i politely ask him to fuckk off with his shitty attitude! the idiot proceeds to not **** off and makes himself look like an even more of a conceited asshole.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@bobthehollow: I can't! Lmao just can't keep going,I give up! I really tried to give it a chance. ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@torenojohn7: You should seriously consider being more careful regarding spoilers when you post in a thread like this.

torenojohn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 torenojohn7

@phbz: Okay okay, i'll put spoiler tags.. But only just because you were nice and not a douchebag like that guy!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I was thinking about buying this game during the Black Friday sale, but I thankfully decided to rent it first which I'm glad I did because I did not like it either.

I played it for a little over 1 hour and was bored out of my mind. I was hoping for something like Resident Evil 4 since the same guy that created that masterpiece was involved, but instead it felt like another one of those cinematic walking simulators that I hate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@storm_of_swords: 1h is not enough, maybe you should have given it more time. But I gave it 8h or so and by the end I was having to deal with so many issues that I just had to drop it. So in retrospect maybe one hour is all you need.

To exemplify. I found a building that had a small wood board blocking a part of the way. Spent an hour or two trying to see what I was missing to unblock it. Gave up, went on with the main story that took me to the edge of the map. That made me follow the little girl's footsteps from point A to B to C to D to E to F (while absolutely nothing happened) to... ET VOILÀ that same freaking building where now I was able to remove the board just by pressing a button!! This kind of terrible design choices made me rage quit. I did my best honestly...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

@phbz:

There are too many great games on my to-do list to play for me to waste multiple hours on a game in hope that it eventually gets good when I could instead play a game that is fun right from the beginning.

A great game should be able to deliver some fun within the first hour that makes me want to continue playing. If I have to suffer through multiple hours of boredom before it finally gets good then the developers screwed up in my opinion and I don't have time for that when there are so many other great games to play.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@storm_of_swords: I do agree but after spending £30 I don't like to just drop a game just like that. But this one in particular I wished I had given up on the first hour. Waste of my time. But for example Wolfenstein 2 I hated that initial wheelchair level but after it was great.

BobTheHollow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BobTheHollow

@phbz said:

@bobthehollow: I can't! Lmao just can't keep going,I give up! I really tried to give it a chance. ?

R.I.P. Evil Within 2...

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@PETERAKO said:

go to mcdonalds then

lol