ESO, My Beta Footage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

I know many of you have your own opinions about the game. I personally like it. Here's some footage from the last beta weekend using patch 0.17.0. Enjoy.

pupp3t_mast3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 pupp3t_mast3r
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

Thanks for sharing! Looks like it's shaping up better than I expected... If I don't hear about a Wildstar release soon I'll be jumping ship to ESO.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hmm, isent there something against advertising your channel in here, think there is a thread up top for that.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

nice that you chose Templar and resto staff... the only two things I haven't tried at all yet. I got rolled up by a Templar 1v1 in pvp. Think he was using a bow...but he opened up with a knockdown and a huge burst combination so that by the time I got back up and ready to retaliate I was already down half my health. Gonna have to figure out what he did so I can do it to other people. :D

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

That was a pretty good video, thanks for sharing. I daresay I enjoyed it more than my time playing the beta lol.

To be honest, I didn't invest much time in the beta. From the areas I only tried Stros M'Kai which is too desert-like for my taste. What area were you playing in? Was it the pvp Cyrodil? Because it was quite beautiful and reminded me of my time with Oblivion. As a Redguard I started in Hammerfell.

Also, since I'm a noob when it comes to MMOs I'm not used to fighting with "ability" combinations so at times I felt like I wasn't playing my character to the fullest of his potential(I was a Redguard Nightblade at lvl 6).

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#6 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Looks good... this might shut a lot of naysayers up.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

@johnd13: To be honest, I didn't invest much time in the beta. From the areas I only tried Stros M'Kai which is too desert-like for my taste. What area were you playing in? Was it the pvp Cyrodil? Because it was quite beautiful and reminded me of my time with Oblivion. As a Redguard I started in Hammerfell.

It's mostly the Glenumbra region of High Rock. The city he shows is Daggerfall, which is a very pretty town but not actually the capital like a lot of people are mistaking it for. The end battle is Cyrodil.

Stros M'kai is one of the starter islands that a lot of people have complained about. They're not good examples of the gameplay in the main world, as they're mainly to serve as tutorials. You'll actually be able to skip these starter islands in the final release.

Also, you need to get to level 15 at least before you decide on the combat. By then you'll have a lot of skills unlocked, a few morphed, and you'll be able to weapon swap. Swapping allows you to expand your available attacks by switching to a new weapon and hotbar, effectively allowing you to change tactics on the fly or chain attacks across weapon types.

There are definitely skill combo's. For example, the DK has this tether skill that pulls the guy in, and destruction staff has a fire based attack that actually launches the enemy...put those two together and it's like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. Figuring out the synergies is part of the game. There are also skills morphs that can alter the way a skill functions when used after another skill. So, I mean, there's combos, but don't expect an action game.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

@Ish_basic said:

@johnd13: To be honest, I didn't invest much time in the beta. From the areas I only tried Stros M'Kai which is too desert-like for my taste. What area were you playing in? Was it the pvp Cyrodil? Because it was quite beautiful and reminded me of my time with Oblivion. As a Redguard I started in Hammerfell.

It's mostly the Glenumbra region of High Rock. The city he shows is Daggerfall, which is a very pretty town but not actually the capital like a lot of people are mistaking it for. The end battle is Cyrodil.

Stros M'kai is one of the starter islands that a lot of people have complained about. They're not good examples of the gameplay in the main world, as they're mainly to serve as tutorials. You'll actually be able to skip these starter islands in the final release.

Also, you need to get to level 15 at least before you decide on the combat. By then you'll have a lot of skills unlocked, a few morphed, and you'll be able to weapon swap. Swapping allows you to expand your available attacks by switching to a new weapon and hotbar, effectively allowing you to change tactics on the fly or chain attacks across weapon types.

There are definitely skill combo's. For example, the DK has this tether skill that pulls the guy in, and destruction staff has a fire based attack that actually launches the enemy...put those two together and it's like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. Figuring out the synergies is part of the game. There are also skills morphs that can alter the way a skill functions when used after another skill. So, I mean, there's combos, but don't expect an action game.

Thanks for the info. I really want to enjoy this game so I'll devote more time to it.