Edge-Online: Next Xbox Will Require Always-On Internet, No Used Games.

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Always online, no second-hand games. Who in their right minds would buy something so draconian?

I know some of you don't buy used games, but what about sharing them with your family and friends? Forget about it. They're cramming Kinect down everyone's throat this time too. Don't have a network system in place for your consoles, then you're screwed.

Does this mean Sony will do this crap too?

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Always online, no second-hand games. Who in their right minds would buy something so draconian?

I know some of you don't buy used games, but what about sharing them with your family and friends? Forget about it. They're cramming Kinect down everyone's throat this time too. Don't have a network system in place for your consoles, then you're screwed.

Bigboi500

Doesn't this belong to System Wars?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Justforvisit

Nope. I was told by a mod that these kinds of threads are allowed now. Also, I'm just posting news from a gaming website.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i'm sick of kinect.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts
If this turns out to be true, which I kind of doubt, I'll still buy one because it'll have the games that I most want to play on it. I don't care for the always online part but if I think about it I'm always online with my 360 and PS3 whenever I play now anyway so that probably won't be an issue. As for playing used games I don't buy used games and I don't care for lending, borrowing, trading, or selling them anyway so again this is another non-issue for me as well. Still though this is all just speculation and I'm highly skeptical that either Microsoft or Sony will implement this features next gen.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

Bigboi500

The article you are quoting contradicts your claim about the Kinect.

A new iteration of Xbox Live will be an integral part of Microsofts next console, while improved Kinect hardware will also ship alongside the unit.

*Shrugs* I know a lot of people hate the idea of 'no used games' but we'll see how big a deal it is. Heck, the console market (the slowest growing one in terms of gaming) is the only game market where used games are a factor If cost savings (read: digital discounts) are partially passed on and there are aggressive pricecuts and lots of sales (think Steam) then digital could benefit consumers as well as developers.

As I've said many times before, I don't think much of how hard Gamestop works to screw developers out of a cut. When I picked up Ni No Kuni the other week, there was a kid ahead of me buying an X360 and a couple games. He was buying the console new and he wanted the games new and his father was willing to pay, but the employee first tried to talk the father out of it, and when that failed, browbeat the kid for a couple minutes ('If you don't like it, you can't return it new, but you can return it used! You played it at a friends house, but you might get bored quicker than you think) until the kid agreed to buy used.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CarnageHeart

i'm sick of kinect.

sukraj

Why? I don't think much of Kinect, but looking at X360 games, while a hilarious number of them are Kinect enabled (MS has clearly been writing checks), none of the games worth playing require it or penalize you for not having it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

CarnageHeart

A new iteration of Xbox Live will be an integral part of Microsofts next console, while improved Kinect hardware will also ship alongside the unit.

*Shrugs* I know a lot of people hate the idea of 'no used games' but we'll see how big a deal it is. Heck, the console market (the slowest growing one in terms of gaming) is the only game market where used games are a factor If cost savings (read: digital discounts) are partially passed on and there are aggressive pricecuts and lots of sales (think Steam) then digital could benefit consumers as well as developers.

As I've said many times before, I don't think much of how hard Gamestop works to screw developers out of a cut. When I picked up Ni No Kuni the other week, there was a kid ahead of me buying an X360 and a couple games. He was buying the console new and he wanted the games new and his father was willing to pay, but the employee first tried to talk the father out of it, and when that failed, browbeat the kid for a couple minutes ('If you don't like it, you can't return it new, but you can return it used! You played it at a friends house, but you might get bored quicker than you think) until the kid agreed to buy used.

What I meant by that was, since it's now a standard part of the system, probably every game will use its gimmicks. I don't want to have to stand up and kick a can down the road in the next Elder Scrolls. :P

As far as them removing used games from the picture, I just worry about things like rare (not the developer) games that aren't downloadable, a few years later. Also not being able to share them with family and friends is awful, especially if you own more than one of the same system.

And then my internet isn't 100% reliable, and I doubt most peoples' isn't either.

This is just a terrible mistake by Microsoft if these things turn out to be true, and it's like almost everyone saw this coming. It just bothers me because I know Sony will probably follow this same direction now. If they do, I won't be buying either one of them, ever.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Archangel3371

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

i'm sick of kinect.

CarnageHeart

Why? I don't think much of Kinect, but looking at X360 games, while a hilarious number of them are Kinect enabled (MS has clearly been writing checks), none of the games worth playing require it or penalize you for not having it.

Agreed. I don't have Kinect and I've been able to play and enjoy all the games with a traditional controller just fine.
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

WOW! This has everything I don't want! Anti-used and constant internet?! Screw you! Assuming ths rumour is true I will never buy this console and its a shame because I was looking forward to playing Halo 5. Some things are more importent then video games and I won't stand for this kind of c*ap.

Hopefully Sony doesn't try any of this, i'm kind of looking forward to Feb 20th but if they pull any of these then its going to be Nintendo only for me.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CarnageHeart

[QUOTE="CarnageHeart"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Bigboi500

What I meant by that was, since it's now a standard part of the system, probably every game will use its gimmicks. I don't want to have to stand up and kick a can down the road in the next Elder Scrolls. :P

As far as them removing used games from the picture, I just worry about things like rare (not the developer) games that aren't downloadable, a few years later. Also not being able to share them with family and friends is awful, especially if you own more than one of the same system.

And then my internet isn't 100% reliable, and I doubt most peoples' isn't either.

This is just a terrible mistake by Microsoft if these things turn out to be true, and it's like almost everyone saw this coming. It just bothers me because I know Sony will probably follow this same direction now. If they do, I won't be buying either one of them, ever.

'Ship alongside' means it will ship separately but at the same time. No doubt Kinect will pop up in more games, but the likes of Elder Scrolls won't require it.

I don't think the always on internet think will happen because no one's internet is 100% reliable.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bigboi500

Take it to system wars, cowboy.

ZombieKiller7

Why? Another poster made a thread here titled "Wii U = Fail" and is nothing more than a blog thread, so why can't we discuss on this board what a gaming website article wrote? Besides, a moderator said these kinds of threads were "ok" now for PGD.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

lol at the thread title. You could've easily included the Edge article title in the subject and people would've taken you more seriously. It seems you just dont get it, you cant be controversial just for the sake of being controversial. Heopfully, a mod can edit the title because if true, this news is going to have massive repcrussions in this industry.

The used game model is huge because it allows people who cant afford to buy $60 games every week a way to fund their hobby. ANYONE, be it Microsoft or Sony will be shooting themselves in the foot if they go ahead with always online DRM. Fewer game sales = more failed studios. More failed Studios = Fewer games. It will kill console gaming. Gamestop just wouldn't let MS get away with it. I hope to god they dont.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts
I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3 and love both. Used games aren't an issue for me and motion controllers are useless for the types of games I like to play, so I doubt MS would be stupid enough to force the Kinect on everyone. I will likely buy both an Xbox 720 and a PS 4 as long as they continue with physical media and don't become obsessed with region locked games like Nintendo. Otherwise, I'll be spending a lot more time with my Kindle.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#16 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

If Microsoft creates a digital download service that works more like Steam the next Xbox has a ton of potential. "No used games" seems like a bad thing initially, but just look at the PC and Steam. The constant sales and massive discounts is too good to be true sometimes and if Microsoft could incorporate a similar service on a console it would be massively popular.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bigboi500

lol at the thread title. You could've easily included the Edge article title in the subject and people would've taken you more seriously. It seems you just dont get it, you cant be controversial just for the sake of being controversial. Heopfully, a mod can edit the title because if true, this news is going to have massive repcrussions in this industry.

The used game model is huge because it allows people who cant afford to buy $60 games every week a way to fund their hobby. ANYONE, be it Microsoft or Sony will be shooting themselves in the foot if they go ahead with always online DRM. Fewer game sales = more failed studios. More failed Studios = Fewer games. It will kill console gaming. Gamestop just wouldn't let MS get away with it. I hope to god they dont.

S0lidSnake

You didn't complain about the "Wii U = Fail" thread title now did you? But I changed it to accomidate your sensitivities. No need to run to a mod. Double standards ftw! :P

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Bigboi500

You didn't complain about the "Wii U = Fail" thread title now did you? But I changed it to accomidate your sensitivities. No need to run to a mod. Double standards ftw! :P

You keep getting that thread title wrong. It was Wii U FOR ME = Fail. Big difference. And yes, it could've been a blog post but so what? He's been a regular here, one of us for years, and I am interested in hearing his opinion on a console. I dont go to blogs, most of us dont. This is like our own little community and if that means we get to make blog like posts at times to generate some discussion then so be it.

Thanks for changing the title though.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

S0lidSnake

You keep getting that thread title wrong. It was Wii U FOR ME = Fail. Big difference. And yes, it could've been a blog post but so what? He's been a regular here, one of us for years, and I am interested in hearing his opinion on a console. I dont go to blogs, most of us dont. This is like our own little community and if that means we get to make blog like posts at times to generate some discussion then so be it.

Thanks for changing the title though.

You got it wrong too. It's "Wii U for me = huge fail", to be exact. :lol:

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Justforvisit

We are working on how to clarify the line between SW and the PGD. This is a thread worthy story. Basically the hope is that people on the PGD can discuss this kind of stuff without insults and with maturity. Basically we want well thought out discussions on these things rather than full blown arguments. If it gets to a point where every thread here has a pro or anti console agenda, or it turns out we can't discuss it maturely, I'm sure the mods will revisit how we handle this.
Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

I don't purchase used games and personally, I think the used market has gotten a tad out of hand, which meant at some point, something like this might happen.

And really, where is the alternative? PC gaming already has this type of constriction tethered to most software and if this is true, it seems likely Sony would follow suit.

So what? I'm going to use the Wii U as my only gaming machine?

I might as well not game at all if that is the proposed solution.

Also, people need to remember that the digital distribution model is essentially the future. My hope is that there will be price incentives to download games directly, making this issue moot.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bigboi500

I don't purchase used games and personally, I think the used market has gotten a tad out of hand, which meant at some point, something like this might happen.

And really, where is the alternative? PC gaming already has this type of constriction tethered to most software and if this is true, it seems likely Sony would follow suit.

Also, people need to remember that the digital distribution model is essentially the future. My hope is that there will be price incentives to download games directly, making this issue moot.

Grammaton-Cleric

A lot of people save a TON of money through buying used. Places like Amazon and Gamefly frequently offer drastic reductions on used games that are in excellent condition, and sometimes very rare and only attainable that way. I'm talking $10, $20 and sometimes as much as $30-$40 dollars off original retail prices. If that stops then a lot of people are going to buy a lot less software because of this.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 S0lidSnake

Grammaton-Cleric

Well..Exactly. DD is such an easy solution to the used game sales problem. Why these console makers keep talking about killing used game sales is beyond me. Gamestop selling a used game a week after launch for $55? Fine you upload the game on your own PSN or XBL store for $53.99 on launch day. You dont have to worry about the packaging, the distribution ($6) and the retail cut ($12). Sony's already doing this for PS+ users. And like you said, in a few years, everything's going to be DD only anyway. Why try to patch something that's going to fix itself in a few years?

This is huge issue because not everyone can afford a new game every week. With Blockbuster effectively out of business, our only alternative is waiting months for a price drop. This is going to have a negative affect on launch month sales for every game, and seeing as how first month sales are where these games net the most profit, it's pretty much a disaster waiting to happen. The industry might collapse if people aren't able to trade in their games, loan it to their friends etc.

I am just so disappointed in this news. It shows that neither of them get it. The worst part is that they are gonna destroy this industry in the process.

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Grammaton-Cleric

[QUOTE="Grammaton-Cleric"]

Bigboi500

A lot of people save a TON of money through buying used. Places like Amazon and Gamefly frequently offer drastic reductions on used games that are in excellent condition, and sometimes very rare and only attainable that way. I'm talking $10, $20 and sometimes as much as $30-$40 dollars off original retail prices. If that stops then a lot of people are going to buy a lot less software because of this.

So what if people cease buying used software?

Do you not realize that developers and publishers currently see ZERO revenue from used game sales?

The only viable argument for used game sales is that they can subsidize the purchase of new games. Unfortunately, none of the major retailers who traffic in used game sales have ever offered up data to demonstrate just how much and how often used gaming contributes to new software purchases.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

The used-game part I can't see flying. It may be to prevent somehting else. The always on seems 50/50. Personally, it would deter me. Regardless, not looking like I'll get a nextbox.

Floridaman46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Floridaman46
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts

If true then this is just stupid. Now I know why I am not interested in "next gen" consoles. Just give me a PS3 Slim and I'll keep playing my 360. Plus I still have a Back-log of X360 games to play anyway...

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

From a strictly consumer standpoint, no used games is a bad thing all around. There's much more to it than just possibly blowing $60 on a game you end up not liking and being stuck with it. It means no more renting video games from the local video store, Redbox, or Gamefly. It means no more borrowing a copy of a game from a friend. It means no more taking your games over to a friend's house to show off or host a multiplayer session without lugging your own system over. Quite frankly, I don't see how anyone who doesn't own shares in a company could be okay with giving up control over how they choose to play the games they payed for with their own money.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
While I was probably never going to get a 720 (I do own a 360 but almost never play it...totally redundant being the last console I purchased), this news makes me think there's not a single redeeming thing about the next Xbox to possibly entice me. Making it more like my PC sounds great until I realize I already have a PC...and a 720 will never be a better PC than a PC.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

If Microsoft creates a digital download service that works more like Steam the next Xbox has a ton of potential. "No used games" seems like a bad thing initially, but just look at the PC and Steam. The constant sales and massive discounts is too good to be true sometimes and if Microsoft could incorporate a similar service on a console it would be massively popular.

IndianaPwns39

If you think Microsoft is going to offer sales on the level of Steam you're kidding yourself. This is the company that thinks a 2% discount is a good benefit. 

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

IndianaPwns39

Without the sales , it seem that DD games's cost tend to stay higher longer.

Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Godly_Cure
Member since 2007 • 4293 Posts
No used games? That might make the next Xbox something I skip then.:(
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Well, I hope the PS4 doesn't suck. It's my last hope for next-gen if this news turns out to be true.
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Grammaton-Cleric

And the Online-Only thing is total BS.

There are still plenty of people (and regions) that do not enjoy full or reliable broadband access and no company, especially MS, is going to shut out that demographic entirely.

The next XB will most certainly be Online-centric but the notion that you can't play games at all without an internet connection is fiction.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Ahahaaahaaaaa!

Say goodbye, Microsoft. There are so many reasons that this will kill a console, starting with inter-family loaning of games and rental services like Gamefly that have nothing to do with the used game market.

What an absolute load of shlt. So now if I am able to get around buying a system from a manufacturer who has a horrendous track record of reliability and very few viable IPs that I'm interested in, I can't rent any of the bullshlt games that are released to see if I am interested in paying the too-high price of $60? Nor can I loan ones I have purchased to family members?

Yeah, FVCK YOU.

SulIy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SulIy
Member since 2013 • 113 Posts
A lot of people save a TON of money through buying used. Places like Amazon and Gamefly frequently offer drastic reductions on used games that are in excellent condition, and sometimes very rare and only attainable that way. I'm talking $10, $20 and sometimes as much as $30-$40 dollars off original retail prices. If that stops then a lot of people are going to buy a lot less software because of this. Bigboi500
A lot of people save a ton of money buying reasonably priced downloads, check out some of those Steam sales sometime. The current digital pricing scheme on consoles is absurd, but if it changes, it would work fine. The only reason this dumb rumor will, once more, not pan out, (it popped up last gen for both consoles as well) is that broadband internet penetration still isn't wide enough or them to be able to replicate current gen success (or better it) with this sort of model. There are millions of people who own a PS3, Wii, Wii U, 360 who don't have online at home, so that is millions of sales these companies would be missing out on. Not gonna happen.
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#37 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Sucks. And I mean this really sucks.

I try my hardest to buy all my games new, even after waiting for the price to drop to $40 or $50. But for the niche games I like, the ones who only get limited copies printed for them and then are extrememly hard to find after a few months, its just not always possible to do that. Not only for that, but older games too. Am I going to be denied great games because I don't have $60 to drop on every single game I want at launch? I can see this is going to backfire big time if they do decide to block used games.

But one important thing I haven't seen anyone mention yet is: Isn't this all just speculation at this point? I mean, look at the language used in the article. "These sources" (who are these people? for all I know it could be some nobody spreading rumors), "...alleged Xbox 720 details," "Microsoft did not comment on this report."

I don't think I'll start to get really mad until an official announcement is made that says next gen consoles will block used games. IF that even comes. I'm crossing my fingers that it won't.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
Forgot to mention another possible issue this brings up: What happens if a game on a no-used-games system only has a limited print run and no digital version? In just a few months, you wouldn't be able to find a playable retail copy without having to possibly fork over an obscene amount of money. I realize that could only reasonably apply to a handful of titles, but the possibility alone is worrying enough. I also agree on the Always-Online definitely not happening. One only needs to look at OnLive to see that the infrastructure for such a thing is just not there.
SulIy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SulIy
Member since 2013 • 113 Posts
Yes, MS and Sony are going to purposefully cut off millions upon millions of potential customers for completely arbitrary reasons, because they hate money, obviously. Come on, guys... use some common sense. We've done this dance before.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#40 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Always online and no used games will kill them.

They are shooting themselves in the foot.

Systems_Id

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Systems_Id
Member since 2002 • 8156 Posts

No second hand sales = No game trades

No game trades = less money to spend on games

Less money to spend on games = Less games being bought day one

Less games being bought day one = Lots of developers out of work

Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Grammaton-Cleric

Yes, MS and Sony are going to purposefully cut off millions upon millions of potential customers for completely arbitrary reasons, because they hate money, obviously. Come on, guys... use some common sense. We've done this dance before.SulIy

Agreed.

These same exact rumors were floating around when the PS3 and XB360 were still unannounced so this is nothing new. And if memory serves, it was actually Sony that had some manner of patent or technology regarding software being tethered to a single console.

People should just sit back and wait until the full reveal is made. I have a feeling much of this is entirely untrue but if MS wants to play it this way then that is their prerogative; I have no problem with Sony in the lead of this marketplace once again.

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

Wasn't there similar rumors regarding the next Playstation system doing the same thing, trying to limit or completely remove second hand game sales? I always prefer to buy my games new, but I can't say I'd like to see used games go away completely, not to mention rentals going away too. It's going to be an interesting year, regardless.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
People who bought games that had an Online Pass quite literally asked for this to happen and have no right to complain. Gamers spent this entire generation explicitly telling companies to keep nickel-and-diming them and then act surprised when the companies do just that.
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#45 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

Blocking used games is simple stupid. Claiming that you won't be affected by the block because you don't by used games is equally silly. Whether someone agrees with the current state of the used game market or not blocking using games would be detrimental to any company that implements it. Hardware failure can void your entire library with some of the suggested anti used games methods. Loaning a game to friend would now be impossible. And this odd right of developers to make additional money from reselling games is nothing short of absurd. Let greed tank the industry :D.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#46 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

People who bought games that had an Online Pass quite literally asked for this to happen and have no right to complain. Gamers spent this entire generation explicitly telling companies to keep nickel-and-diming them and then act surprised when the companies do just that.famicommander

Oddly enough, I agree with the use of online pass. The purchase of the original game comes with the service. Used games however need to pay for this additional service. The game can be enjoyed without the service charge.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Archangel3371
People who bought games that had an Online Pass quite literally asked for this to happen and have no right to complain. Gamers spent this entire generation explicitly telling companies to keep nickel-and-diming them and then act surprised when the companies do just that.famicommander
I've purchased games that had an online pass but they were new games so it never cost me a cent extra. As for nickel-and-diming that's entirely up to the individual and what they feel is worth it to them. I sure as hell am not going to let someone else tell me how to spend my money.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
[QUOTE="SulIy"]Yes, MS and Sony are going to purposefully cut off millions upon millions of potential customers for completely arbitrary reasons, because they hate money, obviously. Come on, guys... use some common sense. We've done this dance before.

This is coming from the company that thought it could break into the PC online-gaming space by charging money and providing a lower quality service than what was already out there (and free, to boot). I put nothing past Microsoft in terms of idiotic ideas.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

[QUOTE="SulIy"]Yes, MS and Sony are going to purposefully cut off millions upon millions of potential customers for completely arbitrary reasons, because they hate money, obviously. Come on, guys... use some common sense. We've done this dance before.LongZhiZi
This is coming from the company that thought it could break into the PC online-gaming space by charging money and providing a lower quality service than what was already out there (and free, to boot). I put nothing past Microsoft in terms of idiotic ideas.

This. The fact that they still charge for multiplayer gaming says more than enough about their arrogance. 

Godly_Cure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Godly_Cure
Member since 2007 • 4293 Posts

Ahahaaahaaaaa!

Say goodbye, Microsoft. There are so many reasons that this will kill a console, starting with inter-family loaning of games and rental services like Gamefly that have nothing to do with the used game market.

Shame-usBlackley
Yep. If this is true Microsoft is going to put themselves out of business.