Dug out my old SNES!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for zerooriginality
ZeroOriginality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ZeroOriginality
Member since 2005 • 220 Posts
I wasn't really a big SNES fan as a kid. I preferred the Genesis, so I'm not as familiar with the games as some of you may be. All I have are Star Fox and Final Fight. I'm looking to get some good games. I've heard good things about Chrono Trigger. I liked Mega Man X, but never played the two sequels. Super Mario World 2 and Super Mario RPG look good. I would like to get a few imports, too. Any suggestions?
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Secret of Mana.

Good and difficult RPG game.

dakirbydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 dakirbydude
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts

I was a fanatic of the SNES always and it was my favorite console of all time. Here are many of my favorite games and why I like them:

Super Bomberman 1 (and 2)- These had decent single players and the multiplayer was an insanely great experience even if you simply just played with CPU players

Kirby Super Star- Yes, this game has been just remade on the DS but I don't think it was done justice. It was better on the SNES because it had 8 fun modes plus a 9th mode, and nothing was messed up about it. My favorite mode would perhaps be the Great Cave Offensive where you would collect treasures including some cameo appearance treasures from other Nintendo games.

Kirby's Dreamland 3- This was a candidate for my favorite game of all time, and that's where my avatar came from. It's a picture of a Kirby sprite in that game. It had a coloring book feel to it so I'm not sure if you would appreciate that or not, but it's worth a try.

Super Mario World- Another one of the greats for the SNES, and probably the best Mario game ever created

EarthBound- This is easily the best RPG created ever and a SNES experience is not complete without it. This is also a candidate for my favorite game of all time

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island- It had a fairly high difficulty level compared to any other Yoshi game, and it's a great adventure that needs not be passed up. The crying Baby Mario is probably the only downside to it as that gets annoying at times.

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest- My favorite Donkey Kong ever, but any of the 3 Country games are simply amazing.

There are other games that I hold as excelent, but these are some of the ones I would recommend that you try out.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

I wasn't really a big SNES fan as a kid. I preferred the Genesis, so I'm not as familiar with the games as some of you may be. All I have are Star Fox and Final Fight. I'm looking to get some good games. I've heard good things about Chrono Trigger. I liked Mega Man X, but never played the two sequels. Super Mario World 2 and Super Mario RPG look good. I would like to get a few imports, too. Any suggestions?scaperat1

I haven't played Megaman or SMRPG but i've played everything else you listed and they are good games. If you don't have a NES, pick up Super Mario Allstars. As a gamer I think you'd enjoy seeing the development of Mario from Mario 1 all the way to Super Mario World 2.

If you want to import... i'm not sure how that works. I thought SNES and Super Famicom games aren't even the same shape. If you can, there is a really good Gundam Wing fighting game on the SNES. I only played it on emulators but its alot of fun. Theres a DBZ fighter as well thats pretty cool. In alot of ways it was ahead of its times and modern fighters still don't do alot of the stuff that game implemented.

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#5 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
*points at his signature*
R0cky_Racc00n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 R0cky_Racc00n
Member since 2006 • 5088 Posts

Secret of Mana.

Good and difficult RPG game.

Treflis
I just started playing that game right now. The game is def really hard on many occassions. I'm constantly starting over in save spots and doing dungeons over. Despite this, it's been very fun so far.
xkojimax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xkojimax
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts

donkey kong 1-3?

super metroid, FF3, chrono trigger, killer instinct.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24940 Posts
Super Metroid, Super Mario All-Stars, Zelda, Super Mario Kart, and the Donkey Kong series would be good to play.
trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts
Super Metroid, Super Mario All-Stars, Zelda, Super Mario Kart, and the Donkey Kong series would be good to play.ArmoredCore55
and also street fighter II turbo
Blueskied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blueskied
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
Super Mario World Donkey Kong Country Super Metroid Zelda
Alizerothree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#11 Alizerothree
Member since 2008 • 1043 Posts
Agreed. Super Metroid and Zelda. You will lve your life. Also, don't forget the RPG games! StarFox and Stunt Race FX are pretty good too! OMFG and Street Fighter II Turbo
ZeroOriginality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZeroOriginality
Thanks all. Thank you Abandon for that long list of games.
1mpaler-w6rbnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 1mpaler-w6rbnd
Member since 2008 • 1992 Posts
Same. I preferred the Genesis when I was a kid.
Clampdown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Clampdown79
Member since 2008 • 943 Posts
Contra III: The Alien Wars is an absolute must have.
Clampdown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Clampdown79
Member since 2008 • 943 Posts

I forgot, definately buy "Phantom 2040" if you can. It's one of the best 2d platforms ever IMO. Very under-rated game.

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts

megaman X & X2

Chrono Trigger

FFIV anf FFVI

Secret of mana

Super Mario World

Donkey King Country

F-Zero

Zelda: Link to the Past

orcmonkey3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 orcmonkey3000
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts
If you want a few tough, aggravating, but utterly addicting 2d platformers, Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, and Super Return of the Jedi are all excellent options. Also a great fighting game IMO, albeit a somewhat broken and unbalanced one, is Killer Instinct. Finally, who could forget Super Mario Kart and F-Zero? I didnt see anyone post those two, which kinda surprised me, since they are phenomenal early racing games. Hope this helps, and happy gaming!
PS2_PC_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PS2_PC_FAN
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts
dont forget, secret of evermore
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
secret of mana and wild guns....nuff said
kanedaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kanedaddy
Member since 2003 • 163 Posts
Soul Blazer
-SiiLeNCE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 -SiiLeNCE-
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts

super mario all stars baby

mario rpg deff, theres lots of cool sleeper games you can get for under 12 bucks like legend of the mystical ninja or tetris attack

johndoh4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 johndoh4
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
Yeah, Ive been playing Super Mario World a lot lately (I beat the Special World!). It still looks really good, especially when you hook up the SNES with an S-Video cable. I also picked up Super Street Fighter 2 for $5 at an Allied Record Exchange recently.
ZeroOriginality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZeroOriginality

^Are any of the Street Fighter IIs for SNES worth picking up? I have so many versions of that game on more powerful systems.

I just got a copy of Mega Man X and Rockman & Forte(import) should be on it's way. If the import shows up and in good shape, I'll continue buying imports from the seller. I've been browsing through ebay and amazon and a lot of the games you guys have listed are frickin' expensive. I wasn't expecting Chrono Trigger to cost so much. I'll just buy it for the PS1. Mega man X2 I might get, but X3 is supposedly very rare and sellers are posting it for about $50 or more. I might buy Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island. I just found my manual for Super Mario World so I may get that next. I thought I traded it in with the game, but I guess not.

Also, Is it true that the SNES system is going up in price? Anyway, Thanks again all.

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#26 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
If you have a DS you may want to get the Chrono Trigger that is getting released to it shortly. It has new content in it.

Paying anything over 20$ for old games is stupid.