Don't Ever Buy Godus

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tester_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 tester_guy
Member since 2003 • 56 Posts

Please don't ever buy Godus. I backed this game in its Kickstarter campaign thinking it was like Black and White without the creature, but it's one of the worse games I have ever played.

It's basically designed for touch-based tablets and there is a LOT of repetitive clicking. There are houses in the game and you have to click every single one to collect "belief", and there are literally hundreds of houses. The AI was programmed by a 1st week intern because villagers can't do anything without you controlling their every move. Terra forming with your Godly powers is a series of click or inaccurate dragging of the land. The graphics from the original Populus look better than this game. And the "card/achievement/research" system is plain confusing.

I wasted $25, so please save yours.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

You do realize the game is still being built, right? It's in Early Access. Meaning incomplete.

Yes, the early builds are clicktastic clickfests of clicking, that much is true. But in time they are supposed to add idols for the villages that will help collect BELIEF points and I'm sure the villager A.I. will be built up as well.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Yup, the game is still incomplete, i think it's in alpha stage atm

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Oh what's that another kickstarter project that's failing to meet expectations and is under delivering? An early access "game" that's not getting updated often?

Serves you right for investing money into an idea.Next time wait till the game is actually finished before buying it.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I read it doesn't support touch controls, so I'm confused.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

You do realize the game is still being built, right? It's in Early Access. Meaning incomplete.

Yes, the early builds are clicktastic clickfests of clicking, that much is true. But in time they are supposed to add idols for the villages that will help collect BELIEF points and I'm sure the villager A.I. will be built up as well.

Will the game have microtransactions? Because one must wonder if the idols used to bypass the drudgery will be locked behind a paywall.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

@ShepardCommandr: Buying Kickstarter or Early Access games isn't an inherently bad idea, provided that you do a little research and have realistic expectations.

Here, a bit of research would have showed you that the game was being developed by Peter Molyneux - a once-great name now synonymous with failing to meet expectations. Anyone who had done their basic homework here should have known that the game would have issues, and managed their expectations accordingly.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

@Planeforger: Where is your avatar from?

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@tester_guy said:

Please don't ever buy Godus. I backed this game in its Kickstarter campaign thinking it was like Black and White without the creature, but it's one of the worse games I have ever played.

It's basically designed for touch-based tablets and there is a LOT of repetitive clicking. There are houses in the game and you have to click every single one to collect "belief", and there are literally hundreds of houses. The AI was programmed by a 1st week intern because villagers can't do anything without you controlling their every move. Terra forming with your Godly powers is a series of click or inaccurate dragging of the land. The graphics from the original Populus look better than this game. And the "card/achievement/research" system is plain confusing.

So people should´t buy a game because you were to "something" to read what the game was and is going to be?

Luckily i know most people on a forum like this is smart enough to make their own decision and not base it on someone's opinion that is clearly misguided and who bought a apple and gets angry because its a apple and not a orange.

Also as to the clicking, well next update will show if they listened and from their updates it looks like they have done some serious changes to that, so what about waiting until the game is finished and not 41% complete before yelling out like a 4year old.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jacanuk

@Black_Knight_00 said:

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

Will the game have microtransactions? Because one must wonder if the idols used to bypass the drudgery will be locked behind a paywall.

On tablets yes it will even tho they removed the store, its still there and will guaranteed come again once the game is closer to release or after release.

On pc its a bit more up in the air i think, but imo it will come there also

tester_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tester_guy

@ZZoMBiE13: Okay. Fair point. This is an incomplete game. I will specify that people should not spend their money on the game at its current stage. I cannot speak about its quality when it is complete.

So do NOT spend your money on the game at THIS point in time. The game might turn out to be the Citizen Kane of video games in the future, but I am doubting that possibility.

tester_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tester_guy

@Jacanuk said:

@tester_guy said:

So people should´t buy a game because you were to "something" to read what the game was and is going to be?

Luckily i know most people on a forum like this is smart enough to make their own decision and not base it on someone's opinion that is clearly misguided and who bought a apple and gets angry because its a apple and not a orange.

Also as to the clicking, well next update will show if they listened and from their updates it looks like they have done some serious changes to that, so what about waiting until the game is finished and not 41% complete before yelling out like a 4year old.

Wait, why are you attacking me? haha

1) This is my opinion and I clearly stated why it is my OPINION. You might agree or disagree with my opinion, and that's fine. This is a "discussion forum" and opinions are the best ways to get a discussion going in a civil manner. I don't get why I am getting attacked, haha.

2) How is my opinion misguided? It is my opinion. I can misinformed, but I do not think I am because I have the game and played it for 15 hours. If any of the evidence I stated above is incorrect, please help correct me instead of attacking me unprovoked. Also about your analogy, it is more akin to Peter Molyneux shouted out that this fruit tastes amazingly and I bought a fruit. The fruit did not taste amazing. And now you're attacking me for having a stupid tongue that can't taste brilliance from Peter's teet. It's my tongue and my taste buds. Other people might not be the same as me, but I made this post stating MY opinion. If you do not agree, then you can post "I do not agree" and offer your own opinion without attacking me.

3) True that this is an incomplete game, but my opinions of this game are from its progress thus far.

4) How am I a four year old? I think I have been eloquent in my posts thus far. Also, I did not use all caps, so there was no yelling going on. You just seem to be taking this Godus game very personally. Are you, in fact, Peter Molyneux himself? Because if you are, then I need to tell you that Godus is a terrible game at this point in time.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Paying $25 for an alpha is ridiculous anyway.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

On tablets yes it will even tho they removed the store, its still there and will guaranteed come again once the game is closer to release or after release.

On pc its a bit more up in the air i think, but imo it will come there also

There. Whenever I hear talk of timers or busywork in games, I noticed it generally hides microtransactions.

Don't pay for it people.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jacanuk

@nethernova said:

Paying $25 for an alpha is ridiculous anyway.

Godus doesnt cost 25$ it was a amount the TS chose to pay in a kickstarter campagin

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jacanuk

@tester_guy said:

@Jacanuk said:

@tester_guy said:

1) This is my opinion and I clearly stated why it is my OPINION. You might agree or disagree with my opinion, and that's fine. This is a "discussion forum" and opinions are the best ways to get a discussion going in a civil manner. I don't get why I am getting attacked, haha.

2) How is my opinion misguided? It is my opinion. I can misinformed, but I do not think I am because I have the game and played it for 15 hours. If any of the evidence I stated above is incorrect, please help correct me instead of attacking me unprovoked. Also about your analogy, it is more akin to Peter Molyneux shouted out that this fruit tastes amazingly and I bought a fruit. The fruit did not taste amazing. And now you're attacking me for having a stupid tongue that can't taste brilliance from Peter's teet. It's my tongue and my taste buds. Other people might not be the same as me, but I made this post stating MY opinion. If you do not agree, then you can post "I do not agree" and offer your own opinion without attacking me.

3) True that this is an incomplete game, but my opinions of this game are from its progress thus far.

4) How am I a four year old? I think I have been eloquent in my posts thus far. Also, I did not use all caps, so there was no yelling going on. You just seem to be taking this Godus game very personally. Are you, in fact, Peter Molyneux himself? Because if you are, then I need to tell you that Godus is a terrible game at this point in time.

Attacking? what i am doing is pointing out the flaws in your logic.

1) Ya, a misguided opinion based on almost no info at all, because at no point in its development has Godus been any where near something that could be described as a "Black&White - without the creatures" infact on the kickstarter campagin its clear that the inspiration is Populous. Also if you do follow gaming news, you would have remembered that 22cans at no point have had a agenda other than making quality games for mobile platforms.

2) Ehmm, i covered it a bit above, but its misguided because you're coming in here telling people not to buy a game that's 41% complete and has been "released" as a early access beta, and yes we can argue that it does feel more alpha then beta but last i checked developers can choose to call their game what ever they want, Alpha/Beta still means a incomplete game. And complaining over a incomplete game is just insane, you have a game not even half finished and something that will probably change a few times before its a finished product.

It my ears it actually sounds like its more a hate towards Peter M than anything rational.

3) Good, but your opinion is not "hey this game is incomplete but so far its crap, so wait for a few updates before buying it" its " Do not buy" and that ticks me the wrong way because as you clearly know its a incomplete game still very much in development.

4) The tone and way you describe the game reminds me of a kid easy as that.

So what about we wait and see what comes out closer to release than complaining over a product that clearly is marked "Not complete"

tester_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tester_guy

@Jacanuk said:

@tester_guy said:

@Jacanuk said:

@tester_guy said:

Attacking? what i am doing is pointing out the flaws in your logic.

1) Ya, a misguided opinion based on almost no info at all, because at no point in its development has Godus been any where near something that could be described as a "Black&White - without the creatures" infact on the kickstarter campagin its clear that the inspiration is Populous. Also if you do follow gaming news, you would have remembered that 22cans at no point have had a agenda other than making quality games for mobile platforms.

2) Ehmm, i covered it a bit above, but its misguided because you're coming in here telling people not to buy a game that's 41% complete and has been "released" as a early access beta, and yes we can argue that it does feel more alpha then beta but last i checked developers can choose to call their game what ever they want, Alpha/Beta still means a incomplete game. And complaining over a incomplete game is just insane, you have a game not even half finished and something that will probably change a few times before its a finished product.

It my ears it actually sounds like its more a hate towards Peter M than anything rational.

3) Good, but your opinion is not "hey this game is incomplete but so far its crap, so wait for a few updates before buying it" its " Do not buy" and that ticks me the wrong way because as you clearly know its a incomplete game still very much in development.

4) The tone and way you describe the game reminds me of a kid easy as that.

So what about we wait and see what comes out closer to release than complaining over a product that clearly is marked "Not complete"

Please re-read your original post. It was very hostile.

Grenadeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 6

#18 Grenadeh
Member since 2003 • 218 Posts

I lol at this thread. At least there are some rational people here trying to make sense - like they said, it's alpha. We all hate Molyneux, yes, but give the man a chance to screw up at least.

VincentAntonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 VincentAntonio
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: @ZZoMBiE13:

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

The game is not as terrible as they claim, actually I had some fun for some hours (even when I can see the game was developed for a “touch screen” in mind, not a PC).

However see Steam forums, we feel the game is in a state of “abandonment”

I got the game around October last year, I had received a lot of updates of many already “finished games”, while from Godus since I got it many months ago: zero, nothing, nada... Is the same version I have since months ago and nothing official about an incoming update.

Being an “early access” and in alpha I was waiting more updates and more communication, there is a lot of rumors none good, and no official position.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@VincentAntonio said:

@The_Last_Ride: @ZZoMBiE13:

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

The game is not as terrible as they claim, actually I had some fun for some hours (even when I can see the game was developed for a “touch screen” in mind, not a PC).

However see Steam forums, we feel the game is in a state of “abandonment”

I got the game around October last year, I had received a lot of updates of many already “finished games”, while from Godus since I got it many months ago: zero, nothing, nada... Is the same version I have since months ago and nothing official about an incoming update.

Being an “early access” and in alpha I was waiting more updates and more communication, there is a lot of rumors none good, and no official position.

that sucks big time