Does the PS2 slim support component cables?? a harddrive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for oldschoolplayer
oldschoolplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 oldschoolplayer
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts

I sold my old phat Ps2 last year and regret because I miss some games. I am planning on buying a new or used slim PS2 and was wondering if there is a port on the slim for component cables since I still have mine laying around???. Also does the PS2 have a built in hardrive to save games or will I have to buy memory card???

Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
You have to buy a memory card, only the xbox had a HD last gen. The video cable should work - I don't think the hookup changed between the fat & slim PS2.
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
As far as the cable, the slim uses the same multi-out port as all Playstation consoles; so your component cable will still work (assuming its the PS component cable, regular component cables don't).
Avatar image for oldschoolplayer
oldschoolplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 oldschoolplayer
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts
thanks for the fast reply.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
All the Playstation component cables are the same including the PS3. I use my PS2 component cables on my PS3 with no problem. As far a HDD it doesn't have one so you will need memory cards I have a couple laying around here that I never use anymore after getting the PS3 with BC support.
willxcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 willxcool
Member since 2006 • 2038 Posts
like they all said the cbales will work fine
Nick_DeLonge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nick_DeLonge
Member since 2008 • 191 Posts

You have to buy a memory card, only the xbox had a HD last gen. The video cable should work - I don't think the hookup changed between the fat & slim PS2.Hulabaloza

In fact the PS2 had a hard drive (sold separately), it was used to develop some games (think so, really just heard it) and to play FF XI online, but the hard drive was only compatible with bulky (the first one) PS" not with slim