Do you think this will be possible on PS5/SeriesX ??

JoaoPedro7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 JoaoPedro7
Member since 2020 • 98 Posts

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

Demon's Souls and Astro Bot Playroom are the only PS5 games that I've played that would state was designed with the hardware in mind. And they run extremely well.

So for your question regarding the video? yes. It's possible. Will it however? depends on development time, task priority, and overall coding skill from staff.

JoaoPedro7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JoaoPedro7

@RSM-HQ said:

Demon's Souls and Astro Bot Playroom are the only PS5 games that I've played that would state was designed with the hardware in mind. And they run extremely well.

So for your question regarding the video? yes. It's possible. Will it however? depends on development time, task priority, and overall coding skill from staff.

If you take a look to this tech demo you gonna find a lot of defects today...

I don't know, but I believe that in two years we're gonna play something away better!

But this is just a thought...

I want to believe...

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11674 Posts

@joaopedro7: Games will always look better for the developers pushing that area.

On that note am curious how a game called SCORN will turn out, and if that is looking better than before. Am a backer of that project, have been for years, and was really pushing graphics a few years back and still in deep development after the alpha demo was poorly received.

I don't think how it looks was SCORNs problem, is among the best looking games I've ever played. But really that the game wasn't fun with very generic encounters and level design. However the team really knows what they are doing from a graphical perspective so am curious if Ebb Software is pushing that angle further for its final release.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15946 Posts

Personally bar the particle effects I think FF7R already looks better than this demo. That game was released and optimized for PS4, the PS5 capabilities will make the sequel looks even better! And hopefully not a linear coridor experience.

Bit off topic, I think some characters in FF16 trailers uses similar styled clothing to this demo. Reused concept art maybe?

Avatar image for deactivated-618d30ef10fc3
deactivated-618d30ef10fc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-618d30ef10fc3
Member since 2021 • 90 Posts

I don't know, so we'll find out in the near future.

JoaoPedro7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JoaoPedro7

@silencedman2016 said:

I don't know, so we'll find out in the near future.

I was wondering what kind of games could reach that level graphic, and then we got Forbidden West gameplay!!!

So this question is already done!!!

JoaoPedro7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JoaoPedro7

@sakaixx said:

Personally bar the particle effects I think FF7R already looks better than this demo. That game was released and optimized for PS4, the PS5 capabilities will make the sequel looks even better! And hopefully not a linear coridor experience.

Bit off topic, I think some characters in FF16 trailers uses similar styled clothing to this demo. Reused concept art maybe?

FF7 is amazing, and they used UE4, but I believe that if they had chosen for Luminous Engine, the game must reach another level of graphics

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

User Lists: 0

#9 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

Given the fact that the PS5 can run ray tracing at 60 FPS is a fine sign we are well beyond this tech demo.

Ottyandthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ottyandthedj
Member since 2020 • 113 Posts

No, I don't think the tech is there yet for PS5 or Series x to be running something like that.