Do you think the next Mass Effect will be a sequel or prequel? Whats your pref.?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheGrinchh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheGrinchh
Member since 2013 • 254 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing either one. The prequel could take place around the battle of Akuze that Shepard was in that you hear about throughout the series. Although a sequel would be great too, maybe having to do with the problems of no more Mass Relays. Im not one who hates the Me3 ending. I had no problem with it, but thats just my opinion. So which would you rather have though?
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#2 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I would rather the Mass Effect franchise stay what it is. 

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

I would prefer Bioware to create a new IP and let Mass Effect die in peace.

Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

I would prefer Bioware to create a new IP and let Mass Effect die in peace.

Ricardomz

This so much.  Mass Effect was originally planned to be a trilogy - it should end there while it still has a shred of dignity instead of becoming another bi-annual sequel factory for EA.  Let BioWare use their creative talents to produce something new and hopefully good. 

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#5 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I'm not sure what I want from the series, or if I even want more from the series. The ending to Mass Effect 3 was kind of muddied, and the different outcomes kind of screw over the possibility of a sequel, unless there's some way to work around it or make one of the endings canon.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
My preference would be for the current company that calls itself Bioware to go out of business.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
A sequel, i would really like to know how it all turned out to be honest. But a prequel would be awesome aswell
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I got my dollars on a sequel. After all the Mass Effect 3 drama, it would be pretty wack making a prequel. Especially since we all know how everything would play out. Plus Bioware already said 'the next Mass Effect game will respect the current Mass Effect universe'.

I'm guessing from that Liara interview asking Shepard how would he liked to be remembered, the next Mass Effect will take place in a distant future with Liara recordings scattered about the universe documenting Shepard's story based on your previous game saves.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Hard to say. But I would like to see a sequel.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
A sequel for sure. The only places I could see them doing prequels would be the Prothean vs Reaper war, the Rachni war and Krogen Rebellion, or the First Contact war, and none would make for particularly interesting games, as there outcomes are already set.
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts
I'd be fine with either or myself. Bioware make fantastic games and I especially loved all 3 Mass Effect games.
majinstrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 majinstrings
Member since 2004 • 3109 Posts

My money's on...neither...

Personally, I think it'll be either a story that occurs concurrently with the trilogy or it will be a sort of alternate reality situation...

Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts
I think it should be set in the distant past away from shepard and the reapers. Although I wouldn't mind eitherway so long as they make the gameplay more interesting
Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
Honestly, i think it will be during the same time frame, but in a different part of the universe. I wish they would do a KOTOR game though.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

A game set after the trilogy would be nice.  But more importantly, I want a more open-world style than the trilogy currently has.  Really though, I liked the trilogy so I trust them to make it good whether it is a sequel or prequel.  Maybe they can have it that you're not in the military, but rather a civilian having to survive an invasion and work your way up or something like that.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Personally I hope to see a sequel. I fear if they went the prequel route they'd bring the Reapers into the plot again somehow, something I do not want at all. I want Shepard's story to be over and a new character to take front and center. 

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

sequel, but with new world, new characters. it'll be somewhat comparable to the halo 4 reboot, in which it retains a lot, but it very much will be starting over again. and yeah i'd prefer a sequel, i'm done with shepperd 

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

They shouldn't call it Mass effect 4.

Mass effect (something other than 4)

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#19 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
assuming another ME game is inevitable, i think they should stay away from prequels. in terms of the current cycle, leaving backstory as backstory works best. patton oswald said something to effect of "i like angelina jolie, but i don't want to see jon voight's testicles." as for the protean cycle, going back would probably put the series in a rut of treading the same material.