Do you think the 9th gaming gen is coming way too soon?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By sanghelle56

Poll Do you think the 9th gaming gen is coming way too soon? (7 votes)

Yes - I just got my PS4/Xbox One, but all Microsoft and Sony care about is money. It sucks, they just don't care if the current consoles lose value when they pull the plugs 71%
No - People knew this would happen so buying a PS5 or Xbox 4 is no problem. Even if the new consoles get dramatically more expensive 29%

I voted "yes." Because the current systems were getting a lot of good games. To see them get remastered like God of War 3 is ridiculous.

• 
RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11675 Posts

Meh, I just buy/ upgrade devices that play games I want, and in the manner I like it.

If PS4 was stuck for another three years? I probably wouldn't care for the majority of games I play. Only those counting individual frames, snorting at mid res textures, and demanding true 4K actually give a crap demanding current-gens end, and they're the vast minority.

Crytek CEO once stated next step in graphical technology marks 60% of a games development in all they release, and now they're bankrupt for developing utter garbage; clearly due to that policy. Guess Crytek missed the memo, Gamers want something called "good gameplay", and it usually helps sell a game *shock*

#supplyanddemand

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Hell no I'm ready I really want to see what next gen visuals can offer all those E3 downgrades this gen was depressing. I'm hoping next gen we get to play what is shown. Of course it's not all about graphics there has been some really great games this gen but I still feel last gen was better as a whole so far.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2146 Posts

No. A lot of console gamers over here are bragging about buying the mid gen upgraded consoles, so why would a proper new gen would be "too soon"? Soon you will be upgrading more frequently than PC gamers upgrade their GPUs.