Do you think Ninja Gaiden 3 is going to be too hard?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Athavan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Athavan123
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I remember the days i spent playing ninja gaiden 2, the cheapness was unreal. I don't think any game made me more pissed off than ninja gaiden 2. I beat it eventually and my god, I asked myself if it was worth it. Do you think Ninja Gaiden 3 should/will be this hard?

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

No, the director has already stated that the game will be more accessible to gamers compared to NG1 & 2. (I can't say I'm too happy about that though)

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

yet another great franchise destroyed

andrewrosati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 andrewrosati
Member since 2011 • 115 Posts

No it won't be. Games these days are getting made more accessable/easily played by everyone by developers to help raise sales/avoid aggrivated customers. Not a big fan of it. But I think the game will still be fun and probably still be pretty challenging even if they do cut the difficulty.

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Ninja Gaiden games have always been hard and always will be hard.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Ninja Gaiden games have always been hard and always will be hard.

Shenmue_Jehuty

That's part of the trademark that people expect out of the NG games. So I expect the challenge in NG3 to be raised significantly. Of course, I won't touch NG3 when it does come last. The last game I played, Ninja Gaiden II? I literally had a fit of rage...almost broke my contoller AND TV because of that game!

HOWEVER...

If Team Ninja decide to tone down the difficulty and do make it accessable to gamers, I may be willing to give it a shot.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

DecadesOfGaming
Destroyed by making the game and story available to more people, and only destroyed in the eyes of whiny self entitled gamer elitest?
PolygonBust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PolygonBust
Member since 2011 • 239 Posts

I'm pretty sure the director (forgot his name) had already stated that NG3 will be both more forgiving and easier to newer players while at the same time retain the difficulty that hardcore NG fans have come to love.

PolygonBust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PolygonBust
Member since 2011 • 239 Posts

[QUOTE="DecadesOfGaming"]

dotWithShoes

Destroyed by making the game and story available to more people, and only destroyed in the eyes of whiny self entitled gamer elitest?

Although he does sound elitist, I think he has a point. NG is about difficulty and skill, making this yet another series that bends towards the casual crowd is something I'm against. There are plenty of hack n' slash games out there for people to choose from if NG isn't your cup of tea.

disneyanime91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 disneyanime91
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts

I personally think NG Black handled this issue pretty well. You had the standard challenging difficulty on Normal, and the increasinglyhard controller-destroying difficulty levels on Hard and Very Hard.

At the same time, it had an accessible, easy mode (if I remember correctly,it was called Ninja Dog mode), which had the added bonus of having Ayane speak condescendingly to you (instead of respectfully as she would a Ninja Master on the normal difficulty levels). I liked that; it added a sense of humor to the game, and was a cute way to encourage you to get better at the game.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

[QUOTE="DecadesOfGaming"]

dotWithShoes

Yes, as for the people saying it involves lots of skill... the game (Specially NG II) is fairly cheap and while many people see that as a challenge I disagree completely.

heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 heatfanman101
Member since 2008 • 2877 Posts

From what I've heard it will probably get easier. As long as the they don't take that too far, then it doesn't mean the game is doomed. I hope they return to Ninja Gaiden 1 style, because Ninja Gaiden 2 was a little too ridiculous (story wise) even though I did like the brutal death animations.

hyde8866

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hyde8866
Member since 2011 • 74 Posts

they'll probably tune down the difficulty a bit..with all the complains they got form NG1 & 2...3 should b easier. n i do hope so..coz d amount of frustration comin from the previous is really killin me..seriously killing me. please ryu, though ur strong, lets start pickin people ur own size n strength.

RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 RandoIph
Member since 2010 • 2041 Posts
It amazes me people think NG3 will "destroy" the series by taking away the "challenge". NG2 was a broken cheap mess. If anything, it's NG3's job to fix the series, not destroy it.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#17 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

No I don't think so. Sigma 2 was a piece of cake and the game had to cheat on Master Ninja to kill the player.

Piroshki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Piroshki
Member since 2011 • 242 Posts
I hope it finds a comfortable sweet spot. I thought the first edition of NG on Xbox had that nailed down, but then Itagaki started to go silly over board on it with NG Black and NG2. I think the Sigma versions were much better, and better balanced. Hopefully it continues in that direction, rather than having a billion ninja's with rocket launchers and exploding arrows.
Athavan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Athavan123
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

ninja gaiden 2 had a nice story, but I couldn't enjoy it completely because all I felt was rage after i beat an extremely cheap boss (eh hem.. genshin 2nd time). I really hope ninja gaiden 3 does tone down the difficulty. I don't need a game to be ridiculously hard to enjoy it, quite the opposite. I want a game for story, action, and fun.

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts
Played the 3ds version? Cool! At least play it. Good work ! But I hate the microphone part!
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
There's gonna be huge bouncy boobs, lots of gore and horrible voice acting, that much I know
Warlord_Irochi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#22 Warlord_Irochi
Member since 2009 • 4291 Posts

I was loocking forward for this one... until I played a bit at Gamescom.

Graphics and animations have improved, the rest is less dificulty, less gore and less speed. Also some framerate issues but I guess that will be fixed in the final version.

Long story short: did not like what I saw there :/

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts

I don't care if the game is too hard, I just don't want it to be cheap like NG2. NG1 was great because everytime I died was my fault. With NG2 I could do everything right and die due to unblockable hits or attacks I had no way of knowing they were even coming. It's the only game in the NG series dating back to the original on the NES that I had no desire to finish.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#24 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"][QUOTE="DecadesOfGaming"]

PolygonBust

Although he does sound elitist, I think he has a point. NG is about difficulty and skill, making this yet another series that bends towards the casual crowd is something I'm against. There are plenty of hack n' slash games out there for people to choose from if NG isn't your cup of tea.

destroyed in the fact that this franchise is just being dumbed down for sales.. Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 were all accessible to newbies to the franchise.. Even though more difficult than a lot of titles out there, just like most things within life, "practice means you get better".