Do you play one or more games at the same time?

RagnarMeireles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By RagnarMeireles
Member since 2020 • 4 Posts

I m playing vampyr at the time but i want to play one more game story mode (bayonetta or mafia 2) but i don t know if it is a good idea to start 2 story modes at the same time, what do you think?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@ragnarmeireles said:

I m playing vampyr at the time but i want to play one more game story mode (bayonetta or mafia 2) but i don t know if it is a good idea to start 2 story modes at the same time, what do you think?

Absolutely. Sometimes sticking with even a good game for too long can burn you out. Why not flip back and forth between games if it feels like you need to? Yes, it can create problems where you might lose track of where you were in a particular game, not remember all of the technical details about how to play you figured out, etc but at the end of the day if you're not having fun then switch to something else for a bit.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I usually play a a single player campaign and a MP game. Right now it's Dragon Quest Heroes and Modern Warfare Remastered.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Usually three but all for different experiences and play depending on mood-

• The comfort game, could be a game I'm replaying for fun and has addictive gameplay.
  • Rotational multiplayer game, typically Monster Hunter, sometimes a shooter, or Bem'U.
  • Try my hand in a big game/ or interesting indie, usually a single player game.
pokemon4597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 pokemon4597
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts

I tend to stick to one game at a time these days, but when I was younger I used to bounce all around. I feel like sometimes this leads to me getting burnt out, so I'm thinking of trying to swap more readily this new year and really play what has me most hooked at the moment

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

It’s usually only one game at a time for me. Especially if it’s story-heavy. I like to really absorb in the experience as much as I can. My final thoughts never feel jumbled that way.

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
staticspeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#7 staticspeedstrr
Member since 2021 • 12 Posts

I can't really stick to just one game so I tend to rotate 2-3 games. For example after grinding GTA V for 6 hours, I'd binge THPS 1+2 or Rocket League/Bioshock next. It's probably the reason why I don't finish games as much as other players but this way definitely keeps me from getting worn out overall, gaming-wise.

ceaRshaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ceaRshaf
Member since 2021 • 8 Posts

I usually play one game at a time as I really put all my attention into it.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

I try my best not to play more than 2.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#10 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

I try to stick to one SP game until I finish (and platinum) it so as not to "taint" the experience. I feel like if I play two SP games at the same time and I like one more than the other, I might not enjoy the worse of the two as much as I should. I do however play some MP or MMO games alongside a SP game to take breaks. Right now I'm playing FFVII Remake, Genshin Impact and Apex Legends.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I usually bounce around between two and three games. I’ll generally stick to playing through the story of one game and the other one or two will typically be some multiplayer or other type of game such as Animal Crossing where I’m just doing daily routine stuff.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#13 GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

Generally just one, unless the other game does not have any story whatsover (like Civilization games or Crusader Kings) and is virtually endless, then I'd play that game parallelly to the first one.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I usually have 2 games in rotation sometimes 3 if I need that multiplayer fix quick resume has been an incredible feature and its hard going back.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

I usually have one campaign game on the go and then a fun multiplayer one to mess around on or something like Tony Hawk if I need a break from the main game I’m focusing on. I find I forget too much if I jump from too many games at once.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 284 Posts

Well it depends I've got over 3 computers and a 3ds to play on so my options are pretty open... unless a it's perfect I can't really stay on one game straight through the whole week...

I prefer to put my systems on sleep mode so that whenever the next time I pick up where I left off ,I'd be in for a different experience since the ai would be adapting to my play styles