do you like playing WOW?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joannading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joannading
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
do you like playing WOW? people who love the game ,show me your reason. Fans of World of Warcraft !!
joannading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 joannading
I like playing WOW. So does my brother.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Sometimes, it gets boring though and the community has gone downhill, really far downhill. There is far too much collect emblems or whatever to buy your items now, I get bored easy when Im being forced into a skinner box.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

I started playing in 7th grade (I'm now a Junior), and I quit a year ago.

I played for about a year on my friend's account, at his house because I didn't want to pay, but then my friend got me an account. So I just had to pay monthly.

I used gamecards, so I could play 60-days, or maybe 120-days, then stop for a good amount of time. So I played on-and-off.

I didn't start playing hardcore until the winter of freshman year. I got my Druid from 47 to 70 (I didn't play on and off, so my highest level was 47, but I wasn't really a noob at all). I hardcore played at 70, PVP'ed and PVE'ed. I liked the game, but I hated what I had become, because I was a popular kid. Then around 10 months later, Wrath of the Lich King came out.

I got that the second day it came out, with two game cards. I got to 80 in a week or two. I loved playing Wrath of the Lich King, but like I said, I hated myself at the same time. I couldn't even picture me leaving the game, ever. At 80, as a protection paladin (I leveled a paladin to 68 right before the expansion release, and I started Northrend right away). I got really good raiding gear for the time (Naxx). I had a few pieces from vault for PVP. Even protection was so overpowered for PVP.

Then just after two months, I decided to actually talk to this girl I liked for an entire year. I knew she wouldn't think playing WoW was attractive. So right after I activated my second gamecard, I quit the game. Didn't uninstall. Just told my friends I wasn't playing anymore. And to be honest, quiting has been one of the best choices of my life. I got my popularity back. I went from being cool, to like shy, and just kind of kept to myself. And now, I love myself.

So basically, I loved the game, but hated myself for playing it almost everytime I logged on.

I hope this inspires someone to quit the game, and get a life.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

I played the game at the end of april of 2008. At first I loved the game when I rolled a Blood Elf Paladin.After I realized I made some mistakes when I hit lvl 70 I rerolled with a mage; again, it was great.

When WOTLK was released a friend of the guild gave me the cd key of WOTLK and in 2-3 weeks I got lvl 80 with my mage. After that I started to realize that WoW was getting boring with the heroics and dailies. I tried to find the fun again by using my pally or creating a DK but it didn't work.

After I finished my first raid in Naxxramas I told myself that this game is boring and I left.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
honestly, I do. Friends keep me coming back. I started in '04, shortly after launch after playing the beta for a few months, I spent much of 2004 on a new server and found some really nice people to hang out with and we all kind of leveled together, got to 60 together, etc. Then the expansion hit and by that point I was on a diff server. Got to 70 a couple times, met some nice people, etc. Then the next expansion hit and I bought it but didnt play it. I quit for about a year and a half,. I'm back playing again now, because if nothing else, I'd like to get one char to 80 before the next expansion hits lol. I also have a few friends on the same server so Its kinda nice having someone to talk to.
dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

although i've not played it in a few months i still love it. i have a group of friends who i leveled to 80 with. was awesome. were having a break from it for the time being but we will pick it back up when cataclysm comes out.

Avatar image for der_spudmeister
der_spudmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#8 der_spudmeister
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts
I loved World of Warcraft around its launch, especially the summer following its launch because then most of my friends started playing too. We never played an MMORPG before so it was great to discover the massive world of Azeroth together. Maybe kind of silly to say but it was one of the best summers I can remember. We all kind of lost interest after a few months though. I still like playing it with my friends and my brother every now and then but it really comes and goes. Usually it starts with one of us being pumped to play it again, he/she inspires us all to restart so we play for a month, maybe 2. Then we're bored of the game again and don't play it for months. I haven't touched WoW since May of last year and don't feel like playing it at the moment. So in short, I really enjoy playing it with the people I know personally, but only in doses.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Never started it in the first place, and I don't have any plans of doing so. MMORPGs don't interest me at all.

Dork343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dork343
To be honest, I never understood why everyone was always so addicted to WoW. I saw nothing special in it, other than the fact that you get to be a ghost when you die, and I got bored of it after only like an hour or so, It just didn't appeal to me... I liked other MMORPGs better... just because they aren't nearly as popular as WoW, doesnt mean they aren't as good, if not better.
naomigate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 naomigate
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

I played for about a year on my friend's account, at his house because I didn't want to pay, but then my friend got me an account. So I just had to pay monthly.

I used gamecards, so I could play 60-days, or maybe 120-days, then stop for a good amount of time. So I played on-and-off.

I didn't start playing hardcore until the winter of freshman year. I got my Druid from 47 to 70 (I didn't play on and off, so my highest level was 47, but I wasn't really a noob at all). I hardcore played at 70, PVP'ed and PVE'ed. I liked the game, but I hated what I had become, because I was a popular kid. Then around 10 months later, Wrath of the Lich King came out.

I got that the second day it came out, with two game cards. I got to 80 in a week or two. I loved playing Wrath of the Lich King, but like I said, I hated myself at the same time. I couldn't even picture me leaving the game, ever. At 80, as a protection paladin (I leveled a paladin to 68 right before the expansion release, and I started Northrend right away). I got really good raiding gear for the time (Naxx). I had a few pieces from vault for PVP. Even protection was so overpowered for PVP.

Then just after two months, I decided to actually talk to this girl I liked for an entire year. I knew she wouldn't think playing WoW was attractive. So right after I activated my second gamecard, I quit the game. Didn't uninstall. Just told my friends I wasn't playing anymore. And to be honest, quiting has been one of the best choices of my life. I got my popularity back. I went from being cool, to like shy, and just kind of kept to myself. And now, I love myself.

So basically, I loved the game, but hated myself for playing it almost everytime I logged on.

awssk8er716
great idea! :)
naomigate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 naomigate
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
honestly NO. it doesn't interest me at all. especially with those so OBVIOUS demonic beings. well, yeah. I don't. peace :)
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

I like playing WoW although since now I am working on my alt (I have a lvl80 prott warrior) I dont really care for quests anymore. I love how different my hunter plays from my warrior. I find that the new dungeon finder is a great tool that for the most part works well. Thanks to random dungs I have run more dungeons than I ever did with my main, even though my hunter is just lvl50. Im looking forward to one day getting a lvl80 on horde side but since I have found a great guild in Alliance im sticking to this side for now. Cant wait to fight in Wintergrasp with my hunter.

mirriorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 mirriorman
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

nope i got the free trial a while back but i hated it.

i did play guildwars for ages though.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
i loved playin it for awhile, untill my graphics card died and made it very slow, i didnt play it as much, my time ran out and i just said screw it, decided to check it back out when the offered that free week, and only played it that first day and said " no thanks this sucks "
JonRedfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JonRedfield
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

I liked playing but couldn't continue paying. I wasn't a whole lot into it I think I got to lvl 20 then I stopped. I wanna get back into it but I feel I wouldn't play it enough to justify the 15& monthly payments I already pay for LIVE.

Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

I used to like it. I started playing WoW when it first came out and getting certain stuff done felt like an accomplishment. Like hitting level 40 and having to farm for a couple of weeks to get your first 60 percent mount. Now you get it at level 20 and it costs NOTHING. Back then 90g was a small fortune now it is pocket change.

I understand that games evolve and they want to keep their fan base happy but it just seems to easy now so I had to stop. I may pick up Cataclysm though since I am a huge fan of the lore in WoW.

Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
Tried it around the time Burning Crusade came out. Within a week, I was completely bored. From what I played, it just seemed like another grindfest (kill 6 of that, kill 12 of these) with weak graphics. Then the first Bioshock came out, giving me my excuse to drop WoW for good.
churdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 churdo
Member since 2009 • 177 Posts
Good Points: Beautiful game (nice graphics), awesome lore with huge and complex history with lots of interesting connections ( perfect for RP ), good support, very detailed. Bad Points: PvP system suck ( really imbalanced and fail ), the game is getting easier each day ( no more a challenge , now players get geared and on end game content really fast, so we got lots of well geared noobs). After some time playing you get bored but cant stop playing, its like an addiction, so you start another character or keep working on get no sense achievement or fool pets and mounts with different look but that do the same thing ( just for tease ). WoW was really better on the past, Burning Crusade times ...
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#20 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

awssk8er716

What server did you play on?

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#21 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts
[QUOTE="Dork343"]To be honest, I never understood why everyone was always so addicted to WoW. I saw nothing special in it, other than the fact that you get to be a ghost when you die, and I got bored of it after only like an hour or so, It just didn't appeal to me... I liked other MMORPGs better... just because they aren't nearly as popular as WoW, doesnt mean they aren't as good, if not better.

Tell us what makes any other MMO better than WoW.
The_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_89
Member since 2009 • 594 Posts

I loved the 10 day trial so bought the game. I continued to play with my 30 free days, I think I'm only half way through my 30 days and I suddenly I got totally bored of it. I just don't know what else to do. I feel like I had a goal to get my first mount so that was my reason to play, then I really wanted to get to the faster mount. Got that, now I don't know what the next milestone is, I just have no goal so there's no point playing

Conan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Conan1985
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

I loved the 10 day trial so bought the game. I continued to play with my 30 free days, I think I'm only half way through my 30 days and I suddenly I got totally bored of it. I just don't know what else to do. I feel like I had a goal to get my first mount so that was my reason to play, then I really wanted to get to the faster mount. Got that, now I don't know what the next milestone is, I just have no goal so there's no point playing

The_89

Get to level 80? Get good gear? Get Gladiator title? Raid? or just have fun with friends killing people in world pvp. If you havent done end game stuff theres loads still to do.

Personally I love Wow and sure its imbalanced at bits and with each patch that changes and people whine too much...but its fun! Advice is make GOOD friends..work as a team and its a blast...other MMO games are so boring.

kingdomkreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kingdomkreep
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I played WOW for a month or 2 but then it became boring.If you think about it, all you do is click on the icons and your character does therest.who agrees with me?My dad and little brother now plays it.

kingdomkreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kingdomkreep
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I played WOW for a month or 2 but then it became boring.If you think about it, all you do is click on the icons and your character does therest.who agrees with me?

Azwraith_PL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Azwraith_PL
Member since 2010 • 121 Posts

For 5 years i played as an end level top raider druid, killed everything right up to the end of hardmode 25man TotC (quit before icecrown)

and then i played Dragon Age: Origins and realized....wow this is game is what fun should be....granted it's not multiplayer but it just showed me that an RPG should be like this and not a job like raiding in WoW

Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

For 5 years i played as an end level top raider druid, killed everything right up to the end of hardmode 25man TotC (quit before icecrown)

and then i played Dragon Age: Origins and realized....wow this is game is what fun should be....granted it's not multiplayer but it just showed me that an RPG should be like this and not a job like raiding in WoW

Azwraith_PL

DAO is amazing and I quit WoW mostly because of how bad players are becoming. When a game practically gives almost end-game gear to almost anyone the player base becomes diluted with under skilled players who need to partake in the "gearing up" process. For example in vanilla WoW when you hit lvl 60 you started farming instances to get blues and the right resistances and then started getting the better gear as long as your piece dropped.

When BC came out the emblem idea was perfect so that way you didn't have to throw away gear as much and most people could use an emblem to either better their main spec set or help with an offset. Now it has become a rediculous single player farm game and real raiding is just not as enjoyable. Maybe I am over reacting but I had to stop playing the players on my server were so bad that I just left.

Azwraith_PL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Azwraith_PL
Member since 2010 • 121 Posts

Eh it was the content for me mostly, seriously TotC was the laziest and most unimaginative raid instance ever added, normal mode was a literal loot pinata.

Hard mode was a challenge but it was also just a boring instance

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts

I liked WoW but i like CoH better

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#30 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

I really do enjoy it. having some friends there makes a great difference.

I left it ages ago and played some other MMOs over the years but they all got boring rather quickly and I stayed in those games as long as I did only because of obligations to guild or to chat with friends I made online.

WoW on the other hand is immersive and already I can see a much nicer level of people in the game.

eh-ut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 eh-ut
Member since 2009 • 563 Posts
Not really, i'm not online player.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Allicrombie
WoW is evil...evil!
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iowastate
WoW is evil...evil!Allicrombie
so true...it draws you in and sucks out your will. I really should be outside playing basketball now the weather is good instead of missing my bus because I played WoW for too long:P
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

I played for about a year, got two 'toons to 60 and did some raiding with a guild. I quit before the first expansion came out.

Honestly, I loved it. My friends and I played it as a co-op RPG. It was everything I liked about Diablo 2, on steroids. It made the EQ experience feel like torture in retrospect.

It was an enormous timesink, however, and I suspect that I'll never play another MMORPG again. There are just too many other things I'd rather be doing.

Jackboot343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jackboot343
Member since 2007 • 2574 Posts

Combined I've played Guild Wars and WoW for thousands of hours, and eventually deleted my characters as well as my accounts. Had some good times with WoW, but it become too much of a grind. However, once Guild Wars 2 comes out or Blizzard adds the Pandaren race to WoW..... :shock:

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
I dont get how people can get so addicted to WOW. Go outside and meet people.
Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

WoW needs a 12-step program.

I've been playing the game off and on for years now. I started playing shortly after it was released. I'm currently taking a break until Cataclysm but I've probably quit and come back a dozen times.

liffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 liffi
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts

I have played wow when it started. Played on and off since then but I can't say I like it anymore. I can't say it's bad game. It just isn't game for me. It's a great game for caual people and because of it, it has bring so many new people to the world of mmo. I have to say it broke the barrier of the mmo-games and I am ever greatful about it. After wow the mmo world never as the same. So kudos to that.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Allicrombie

I've been playing the game off and on for years now. I started playing shortly after it was released. I'm currently taking a break until Cataclysm but I've probably quit and come back a dozen times.

Atmanix
psst. wanna go kill some alliance?? =P
Blkthorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Blkthorne
Member since 2002 • 877 Posts

WoW is the MMO I played the longest at 5+ years ever since the launch, before that was Asheron's Call at about 3+ years(my first MMO). The big reason these MMO's are fun is if you have a group of friends along for the ride, otherwise I can see why people get bored with them so fast, especially if they solo a lot. I took a break from the game months ago though, most of my friends had stopped playing and it was starting to feel like a job/work lately, and when I seen people doing gear checks for heroic 5-man runs I knew it was time to take some time off.:P I do plan to get the new expansion when it comes out later this year, but most likely will just try out the new goblin/worgen races and see if any friends returned to the game.

Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

[QUOTE="Atmanix"]

Allicrombie

I AM alliance :evil:

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 iowastate

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Atmanix"]

Atmanix

I AM alliance :evil:

Yeah .... let's go after some alliance :)
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

i like it, haven't played in awhile though.

Ownejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ownejj
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

To be honest, I never understood why everyone was always so addicted to WoW. I saw nothing special in it, other than the fact that you get to be a ghost when you die, and I got bored of it after only like an hour or so, It just didn't appeal to me... I liked other MMORPGs better... just because they aren't nearly as popular as WoW, doesnt mean they aren't as good, if not better.Dork343

How do you think things become popular? besides marketing and all, WoW wasnt even marketed any more than any other game.

its popular because its the best MMO out there and others have tried ( and failed ) to beat it.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
I played it for a few months when it was released then something clicked. I think it was the realisation that it was nothing more than a constant repeat of the action before. I consider it to be one of the most boring games I've ever played. I'm not sure why people play it, I guess people can get addicted to anything.
ModeDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 ModeDude
Member since 2009 • 1135 Posts

For anyone who's addicted to or considering playing WoW.

Look here

WoW is in a way designed to be an addictive game.

Avatar image for VigilanteArtist
VigilanteArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 VigilanteArtist
Member since 2004 • 699 Posts

I used to really love WoW, especially when it first launched. I read every quest and I didn't know what I'd see over the next hill. I've played it off and on since then, but all of my RL friends have quit, so I have too. The community has gone way downhill, so for me, it just isn't fun playing without people I actually know.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

I like playing WoW occasionally. I used to be pretty hardcore and competitive about it. But it's just not as fun as it used to be. It's still a great game and I enjoy to play it in my spare time. I'll play it maybe for an hour at a time, I'm not addicted.

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#49 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

I hate WoW with a passion. I've posted on this before so maybe I'll dig it up and repost it if I can find it. I hate MMORPGs in general.