SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45386 Posts

Mine is pretty boring. Just my beautiful 4k OLED tv, my ps5, Switch, and the good ol couch. But eventually I want a proper game room.

What about you, GD? Do you have a proper game room?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11684 Posts

Not really. Don't have the space for a dedicated room just to play video games. Though do try and make the most with what I have to work with.

Never upgraded to a 4K television either. Never saw the need honestly. 50 LED Samsung 1080p.

PlayStation 5, custom P.C. (built more for work than gaming honestly), Switch (dock in my kitchen area), and 3DS (snugged next to my bed)

The only system I truly miss owning is the regular DS because I enjoyed using it for Game Boy Advance games.

Oh and I'm a headphones kind of person. Technica ATH-M40X, I use them for everything mentioned above, lol.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#3 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Nope. Don't really have the need for one at the moment because I'm primarily playing on the Switch and occasionally the 3DS. Portable all the way. :P

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic

@RSM-HQ said:

Not really. Don't have the space for a dedicated room just to play video games. Though do try and make the most with what I have to work with.

Never upgraded to a 4K television either. Never saw the need honestly. 50 LED Samsung 1080p.

PlayStation 5, custom P.C. (built more for work than gaming honestly), Switch (dock in my kitchen area), and 3DS (snugged next to my bed)

The only system I truly miss owning is the regular DS because I enjoyed using it for Game Boy Advance games.

Oh and I'm a headphones kind of person. Technica ATH-M40X, I use them for everything mentioned above, lol.

Dude, once you go 4K, you won't go back. Especially with these new consoles. You'll notice a huge difference!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
@SolidGame_basic said:

Dude, once you go 4K, you won't go back. Especially with these new consoles. You'll notice a huge difference!

Have been around 4K televisions but not enough time to compare it to a regular HD television, wasn't personally blown away but that could be because I never got an idea of the quality differences. I'll take your advice to consideration, looking into a 4K set-up in future.

My next big gaming investment will be to upgrade my custom P.C. once again. I got it to run Baldur's Gate III for Early Access at High, for the most part. But considering the specs are not final for the finished product I want to put a little more into my rig. I'm not one of those people that try and target 120+ FPS or 4K/ Max, but I do want my P.C. to run the games I want to play at High 60 at least.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

No. We have an X1X in the living room connected to my LGCX, which has also doubled up as an office for the last year since I've been working from home. My daughter has a XSS hooked up to a 4K cheapo Samsung TV in her room.

Living room is a decent size though so I have plenty of room to move around when playing the Quest 2.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56328 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Have been around 4K televisions but not enough time to compare it to a regular HD television, wasn't personally blown away but that could be because I never got an idea of the quality differences. I'll take your advice to consideration, looking into a 4K set-up in future.

My next big gaming investment will be to upgrade my custom P.C. once again. I got it to run Baldur's Gate III for Early Access at High, for the most part. But considering the specs are not final for the finished product I want to put a little more into my rig. I'm not one of those people that try and target 120+ FPS or 4K/ Max, but I do want my P.C. to run the games I want to play at High 60 at least.

I have a 4KTV but that's just for future use and I'm not personally chasing 4K myself and the same goes for gaming PC as I'm totally happy staying with 1440p/144hz for many years to come.

Trust me, you really aren't missing much in 4K...but for me, going with HDR has ping my interest but that's another story.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

Yup. When I bought my house one of my bullet points was to have an extra room to make into my "Man Cave" dedicated to my game collection, PC set up, and statues and collectibles. I finished the lighting and gaming art for the walls last year. My playstation is in the living room hooked up to my 60" but I bought a Steam Link years ago and I can link it up to the TV if I'm ever in the living room and want to play my PC.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@davillain- said:
@RSM-HQ said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I have a 4KTV but that's just for future use and I'm not personally chasing 4K myself and the same goes for gaming PC as I'm totally happy staying with 1440p/144hz for many years to come.

Trust me, you really aren't missing much in 4K...but for me, going with HDR has ping my interest but that's another story.

Objection! God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn look pretty sweet on my 4K OLED. 😎

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RSM-HQ
@SolidGame_basic said:
@davillain- said:

To be fair those games look "pretty sweet" on HD televisions. Technical marvels for sure. Played both with wavering degrees of disappointment and amazement. I've had my fill chatting about both those games at anycase.

Thanks for your take too @davillain. We seem to have the same mind-set regarding 4K. I too agree best thing to do with a P.C. build, is upgrade up to what one personally wants from the set-up. And not chase after buzzwords that leave much to be desired outside bragging rights. My goal is solely keeping up with Baldur's Gate III; as I want it to run well when the game is all done.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56328 Posts

I totally forgot to answer this thread. No I don't have a mancave like gaming room and I see no reason why I need such a thing. My PS4 sits in the living room and my main gaming PC sits in the master room along with my Switch as well.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic

@RSM-HQ said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@davillain- said:

To be fair those games look "pretty sweet" on HD televisions. Technical marvels for sure. Played both with wavering degrees of disappointment and amazement. I've had my fill chatting about both those games at anycase.

Thanks for your take too @davillain. We seem to have the same mind-set regarding 4K. I too agree best thing to do with a P.C. build, is upgrade up to what one personally wants from the set-up. And not chase after buzzwords that leave much to be desired outside bragging rights. My goal is solely keeping up with Baldur's Gate III; as I want it to run well when the game is all done.

To each their own. Yes, both games are pretty, but God of War PS5 upgrade on a nice 4k OLED is very nice.

zyxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zyxe  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 5345 Posts

I kinda have a gaming room, it's my guest room that has a smaller chaise lounge couch, a small desk for a really old gaming laptop (pretty much just use it for workout DVDs while I'm watching Netflix) and most of my consoles minus my 360 and Switch. I'll try and find or get a pic of it soon, been going through my apartment and all the closets, reorganizing and getting rid of stuff, so it's kind of a mess right now :D

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Yes, and I'll post some pictures. My office doubles as a sim cockpit area as my main seat is an Obutto R3volution with flight and driving mounts that I can attach when I want to play. My main basement area is a powered recliner facing a 100" projection screen with a 4k HDR projector and there's a 4k HDR TV to the left of the couch. The stereo receiver can put any of the sources to any combination of screens (i.e. office PC games on projector and Netflix on the TV, Xbox to projector and PS5 to tv so both kids can game at the same time, PS5 back into the main monitor in my office for HDR1000 visuals, etc).

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

I only got like a double room for now. The rest of the house is occupied. So I need to use my PC for Work and Games and other stuff. I also play on my bed with my Android.

This is far from a proper gaming room. I expect much more of life. And we are working on the house.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#16 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6104 Posts

I’m sure to have a game room/man cave will take plenty of cash to make it properly,at least as far as I would think? I live in an apartment and I go from pay to pay. I have a “82” screen Samsung 4K tv, but it’s in my living room,not in a man cave or anything like it.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#18 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Not really, just a basic desk with my TV and a shelf with my consoles underneath it.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

Nope. Primary system hooked up in my living room and a couple older systems hooked up in the bedroom. The extra room in the house went to my comic collection.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By super600
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

No. I just use the tv in the basement to play on my switch and xbox one. I keep my switch in my room in it's case when I am not using it and my xbox one next to my tv. My room is like a 5 second walk from my basement tv since I live downstairs currently.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SolidGame_basic

@Byshop said:

Yes, and I'll post some pictures.

Way to leave us hanging 😉😆

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Yes, we live in an old farmhouse and the downstairs is divided between the kitchen/dinning room (this is normally where you enter the house), bathroom immediately to the left when entering, large living room and behind the living room is a smaller room that I use as my game room. I think most old farmhouse are set up like this. The one I grew up in as a kid was also set up like this, and the rear room was my brothers and I toy/game room.

I'll post pictures at some point, but it's way to cluttered right now as I need to build more shelving. Currently have have two Tv set ups, one for retro gaming with 12 consoles hooked up to a 32 inch Sony SDTV and a modern setup with 3 consoles hooked up to a Sony 47 inch HDTV.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Byshop  Moderator

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Byshop said:

Both are an absolute mess right now. Let me see if I can fix that today. I spent last night adding an h150i cooler to my main PC and testing overclock settings and that took up most of my evening.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

I have a studio apartment and my whole place is a game room, lol

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#25 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

Nah I just take over the TV in the front room for 4 hours while my husband is working in his room. We're flexible and he sneaks down to watch me play when he get's bored. When I'm done I work..

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Byshop  Moderator

@Byshop said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Byshop said:

Both are an absolute mess right now. Let me see if I can fix that today. I spent last night adding an h150i cooler to my main PC and testing overclock settings and that took up most of my evening.

Still working on cleaning but here are some old pics.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58455 Posts

No, not at the moment.

Would be nice though, I'd set it up into a nice VR den. Wire it up so the headset cables come from the middle of the ceiling. Put a desk in there with my HOTAS setup, too.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidGame_basic

@Byshop: thanks for sharing. It's an inspiration to us who want that game room some day 🙂

illegal_peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 illegal_peanut
Member since 2016 • 3918 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: <Laughs and cries in tiny apartment where bedroom is also the living room, Office room, workout room, dinning room, guest room, bar area, kitchen, and hallway>

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Yes, I technically have two since I prefer to have access to so many consoles without having to change connections and all that jazz. One is more PC centric and the other is mostly consoles new and old.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#32 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Is this thread just an excuse for everyone to brag about their tech?