Do you ever get real angry or gotten angry whenever you play online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I know some guys who get really mad whenever I play against them. Some of them are real poor sports even disconnecting the game during matches. One guy I play with mutes me and doesn't say anything until his anger subsides a bit. And these are guys on my friends' list, LOL!

I admit, I do get angry sometimes whenever I'm gaming online. For example, whenever someone is schooling me in Modern Warfare 2, I get really mad and blame everything or everyone else but myself. Of course, the truth is I was sucking, but nobody wants to admit that! ;)

When it comes to other games like SFIV, I only get mad when they play cheap like spamming throws. Yeah, it's part of the game but it still really gets under my skin.

Those are examples.

But what about you guys? Do you get angry or gotten angry while playing online? And how do you react whenever things like this happen?

C'mon, let's admit some of the things we do! :D

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
hardcore people in wow kinda piss me off sometimes =P
Darek_Khort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Darek_Khort
Member since 2009 • 158 Posts

Yea.
Certain people in MMOs can get on my nerves.
For instance you'll usually find at least a few people who think they are all 'elite' and all, calling others names and trash-talking against everybody else because we haven't been in the game as long as they have.
And guild-on-guild drama often never ends well.

I have never played any FPS online before, only with friends at internet cafe's via LAN because of all the bad stuff I've heard about it, and because I never feel like I am good enough to compete online but I am sure if I went multiplayer I would come across a whole new bunch of people to get annoyed at.

AdmiralRJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AdmiralRJW
Member since 2010 • 556 Posts

I only ever find myself getting angry online if the majority of the people on my team are morons and/or starts ragequitting before whatever game we're playing has hardly even begun.

trenno2529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 trenno2529
Member since 2007 • 3396 Posts

only on rts games. shooters and racers are all for fun, but i can get real serious with rts games. when i get humiliated by a rush, especially when being spectated, it gets on my nerves.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

Yes, I totally get angry when in CS Source, some admin bumps his health to 500 :| What's the point of playing then?

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Yes i was pissed off all the time when i was playing mw2

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

I get real angry when playing Battlefield: Bad Company online. I am certainly not bad, but I get ****** sometimes and I ask myself if h4x is involved. Then again, I don't know how PSN reacts to h4x0rz...They may just be really good. Damn. It. All.

CZVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CZVA
Member since 2009 • 1166 Posts

Playing MW2 makes me want to kill people.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#10 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

Like others said, I hate Modern Warfare 2... considering people can keep bonuses and perks and sweet weapons while a newbie is stuck with crap. So not only skill, but sheer weaponry and power disproportioning ruin the competetive for me.

Also, FFXI angered me, mostly due to the fact I was addicted and if the server went down I was going nuts waiting to log in. Also, waiting 3 hours for a party, even as a desirable white mage or something was pretty weak.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Only when I get killed or something because the game has a problem. (bad hit detection on some guns. MW2)

A_Mobile_Doll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 A_Mobile_Doll
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

Yeah, I can get pretty pissed online. Sometimes the people you play against are just ridiculously good and can't ever mess up.

Example: People who get headshots no matter what the situation.

I've broken a bunch of controllers over this.

The most annoying situation for me personally is when I get killed by the same person multiple times in a short period.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Yup. I get mad at my nephews when they push their trash talk too far. They usually behave once I get pissed off because I know where they live. Plus, I'm one of their sources for games/moolah during special occasions. :D

JustBeingFrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JustBeingFrank
Member since 2010 • 735 Posts
I tend to try to cool down by getting off the game and telling myself that it is just a game.
Ravenprose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ravenprose
Member since 2007 • 418 Posts

Nope. I never get mad while playing online. Then again, I rarely play online games. I only play Mario Kart Wii and Brawl occasionally. Thankfully, there's no chat in those games because that probably would irritate me.

gingefails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#16 gingefails
Member since 2009 • 997 Posts
You know, strangely, it's always single player gaming that I get most frustrated with. Catch me on my PS3 or any 1P game on my PC and chances are I'll be intermittently yelling at it with some nasty choices of words. Whenever I play online with someone (regardless of whether it's coop, versus or a big match) I always tend to be the one who's distracted - and probably causing everyone else to rage.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
When I shoot half a magazine into someone and he doesn't even flinch and knifes me ten feet away. When someone walks unscathed past two of my claymores and knifes me ten feet away. When I clearly knifed first and the other guy knife me even though he was sprinting. That's when I get really mad.
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#18 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

When I shoot half a magazine into someone and he doesn't even flinch and knifes me ten feet away. When someone walks unscathed past two of my claymores and knifes me ten feet away. When I clearly knifed first and the other guy knife me even though he was sprinting. That's when I get really mad.Black_Knight_00

That happens to me ALL the time. ALL THE BLEEPING TIME. That alone, forget whatever else happens, is enough to make me never touch online MW2 again.

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

I get mad from time to time when I am doing poorly but the worst I have ever gotten is when I was offline playing All Star Baseball 99 for the N64. I lost in extra innings and just lost it and tore the door to my entertainment unit off the hinges. This was when I was 14. I had the sense to grab my Dad's tools and put it back on before he got home.

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
In CoD4 yes. Sometimes I just almost get the kill but someone else does, or I die. And then I start going on a dieing streak.. ugh. I get real angry. :)
1zenron1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 1zenron1
Member since 2010 • 672 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean about modern warfare. It's just plain annoying and I get really frustrated sometimes at the game. Sure I suck, but I never seem to improve :(. I can never figure out a way I can beat those guys wandering around with the double shotguns(Akimbo I think?), or the snipers who kill me with thermal before my weapon is anyway near it's maximum range. This is one of the reasons I like strategy games. You can genuinely get better when you realise the mechanics behind the game, and the game itself only relays on intelligence, which is my strong point when it comes to gaming. I analyse everything. With RPG's I can customize my equipment and develop strategies, but with shooters the only plausible method to stay alive is to camp in the same spot, and I really don't want to do that, it isn't nice.
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#22 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

people with bad manners who show no respect get under my skin.

I try not to respond, but did so in defense of a younger girl in my guild who was harassed and have ended up with a day off from the game.:P

at present I am taking a break from all MMO related activity.

I do that from time to time but will likely be back.

Probably start up a new character again.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I kinda get frustrated when the first thing the Host of a game says is " Anyone who kills me gets banned from this server" Then when he does die, he spends a good amount of time cursing everybody out before he disconnects and closes the server.
bALTHar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bALTHar86
Member since 2008 • 567 Posts

I don't play much online because I get angry with idiots and live is teeming with them. I never express my anger online though and I'll alway finish the game even if I'm playing PES with some clown who thinks its funny to make me watch the replay of his jammy tap-in three times. I always try to be courteous myself in PES for example I always skip the replay unless I score an absolute screamer because I don't want to annoy the other player who probably just wants to get on with the game.

Just today I was playing Sonic Kart (my nickname for Sega Superstars Racing) and told my brother I won't use the mic because I don't want to be that guy screaming cusses at everybody whenever things don't go my way but the game brings that frustration out of me. I try to keep my anger in check and failing that I certainly don't inflict it on others.

Balbaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Balbaar
Member since 2010 • 209 Posts
I get mega mad when people in MW2 kill me with a chopper gunner. And what I don't get is this. The chopper gunner is in front of you. It shoots at you. And red marks appear behind you like your getting shot from behind.
fear9204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fear9204
Member since 2009 • 641 Posts

yes, i get really pissed when i got killed by a cheap shoot or something like that, and also getting killed by the same person every time

zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 zidan4000
Member since 2006 • 3167 Posts
when i play against some godlike SOB that can never die in a shooter game , or when if im stuck with stupids in my team who dont know how to play, yes i get really really mad, but oddly i dont get mad when i play racing games against professionals even if they beat my arse to death
AssaultedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AssaultedHero
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
I never really get angry while playing a game.
rjxtian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 rjxtian
Member since 2005 • 2638 Posts

I can get real mad when playing BFBC. My language definitely is bad; I am trying to keep myself calmer and much less vulgar. I get real mad at glitchers, snipers, teamkillers, and people who steal my tank while I am repairing it.

I haven't thrown a controller, but I have whacked the couch, bed, and myself at times.

The remedy is to hunt down a sniper and knife him. Then I remember that even dead enemies have constitutional rights ; so I tell the dead scum; "you have the right to remain silent".

Avatar image for VigilanteArtist
VigilanteArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 VigilanteArtist
Member since 2004 • 699 Posts

I've been gaming online for over ten years now. I'm immune to anger, but I still have to shake my head in disappointment every now and then. Especially in MMOs.