Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

If you clicked on this post, you probably know by now of the remastered version of Crysis in the works, and you may have also seen the leaked trailers for the remaster. I know I have, and it inspired me to create my own trailer as tribute to the original Crysis, embedded within this topic:

Regardless of my video, what are your opinions on the Remastered version of Crysis? Do you believe the game has aged since its release in 2007, and do you believe the game could benefit from a remaster at all if done correctly? What would you personally change?

Edit: Fixed Typos.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

No, we don't need a remastered not yet anyways maybe in 10 years and give it VR support.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I'll pick it up and replay it. I'm a little disappointed in the quality though.

@warmblur said:

No, we don't need a remastered not yet anyways maybe in 10 years and give it VR support.

Would rather that then the remaster, especially with the aim controller.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Not really but they do need to update the engine though

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Really like remasters, in a lot of my experiences they're polished up versions of the best games one can find throughout various decades, at a reasonable price.

As for Crysis being remastered? honestly "no". Don't see the value in bringing it back. Niche shooter that heavily relied on eye-candy, and not well optimised. Certainly do not think it's a classic in any sense of the word.

Yet if the four users in these forums get joy in it? Let them have it, doesn't have any consequence for the rest of us I guess. And maybe it'll get others to try it out; for better, or worse.

Get the feeling however, it's going to be a wake-up call more than anything else.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Crysis, the very PC game that got me into investing building a PC just to play it and still has a treasure spot in my heart. "Can it run Crysis" the meme that still being use to this day, I love the Crysis series but...does it need to be remastered? Certainly not visually. I don't see what people are complaining about, all the game need is to better utilize multicore systems for better performance. I want muh 144Hz Crysis.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I think EA needs to sell it more, for console gamers though the options are more limited so something is better than nothing, I don't think it has to be so optimized nothing can hold a candle to it, just good enough to experience an older game in updated presentation.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Not really

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

We do not, but Crytek sorely needs the sales. They have been on freefall since 2013.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Well I’ve never played it before and I’m not a PC gamer so I’m interested in playing it on current gen consoles so I wouldn’t mind playing it myself.

Anyway this isn’t the place to advertise your YouTube channel.

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zuon
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

@Archangel3371: I made sure to read the rules before posting. My video is not making me any monetary value for commercial gain, I added additional content/commentary in the form of an open ended discussion, and I did not state anything that could be interpreted as troll bait. I am entirely within the Games Discussion's official forum rules, and my post is NOT a minimum effort spam post.

I do respect your opinion and see how you may have made such a misinterpretation, but I am entirely within the rules of the site and am promoting discussion, not just showing off.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

Edit: Fixed Typos

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Big no.

Kynareth5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#13 Kynareth5
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts

I think that the game needs better optimisation, better utilisation of many cores and better graphics. Unfortunately, the leaked trailer shows not much of an improvement.

I wish there were games so hard to run that people were asking "Can this computer run that game?". I wish for games which require Ryzen 2700X as a minimum.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

No. They've already rereleased the game before. Doing it again seems extremely lazy. And it doesn't look much better than the original, if any better at all.

A remaster that actually takes advantage of better hardware would've been pretty cool to see though, I suppose. But still not something that I want.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It look worse than the original.

Haimesyboy19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points