Do I need a new genesis?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
It seems like just about every game I have to take it out my genesis two, take it out put it back and for several minutes before I get the game working. But i wonder, is it the games? or is it about time I buy a new genesis? Like the genesis 3?
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

clean the pins or at least use a dry rag to scrub the dirt off both cartridge and console

if it still has that problem then its a cartridge or system but if it plays then its a cartridge problem.

i have super mario world and inside the cartridge its support is broken so i have to do alot to make it play

SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SegaGenesisfan
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts
Yes, you need a new beggining with the lord jesus christ (ok joking). You know, the sega genesis is the most biblical console ever, a much blessed console that could even compare to superior hardware in its own way. funny that it was called the genesis in america, because that is where most of christianity is/was back when the console was around.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Take a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. Clean all the contacts on the games and clean the contacts on the console. If it still doesn't work, get a new system.
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
Definitely seems like dirt on the console pins. Use rubbing alcohol and 3M Compressed Air.
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
Yeah it looks you got some dirt there ;) Try rubbing with some alcohol or something.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
I think you need a SNES :P
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
I think you need a SNES :PBlack_Knight_00
Yeah, he could get sick by stepping on the cold floor in the morning. He needs something to step on.
GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 GatCloudX
Member since 2008 • 1459 Posts
hey watsup man i didnt know you had a genesis and a ps3 too lol
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]I think you need a SNES :PPanzer_Zwei
Yeah, he could get sick by stepping on the cold floor in the morning. He needs something to step on.

Actually, the floor wouldn't be cold at all if the Genesis+Sega CD+32X' three power adaptors didn't drain all the electricity he could use to power an electric stove.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]I think you need a SNES :PBlack_Knight_00

Actually, the floor wouldn't be cold at all if the Genesis+Sega CD+32X' three power adaptors didn't drain all the electricity he could use to power an electric stove.

He can always throw SFC into the fireplace to keep the heat going. Sure there are other uses for it like paperweight and door stop, but then again I can think of more stylish things to use.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Black_Knight_00
[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Yeah, he could get sick by stepping on the cold floor in the morning. He needs something to step on.Panzer_Zwei

He can always throw SFC into the fireplace to keep the heat going. Sure there are other uses for it like paperweight and door stop, but then again I can think of more stylish things to use.

I used to be afraid of using Genesis consoles as fire wood, because I feared setting the Blast Processing on fire would cause a reaction and make my house explode. Lately, though, I discovered Blast Processing is nothing but commercial jibberish, so I went and bought a crate of Sega hardware from a local flea market for $3 and had a warm, warm winter.
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blazinpuertoroc

hey watsup man i didnt know you had a genesis and a ps3 too lolGatCloudX
I got alot of stuff bro lol

and you guys were right about cleaning the catridges. Alot of my cue tips came out black haha. But my console is clean so im guessing its just the games. The games are still drying. Just got in earthworm jim and ghouls n ghost in the mail. Hehe

blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blazinpuertoroc
worked beautifully guys...no more blowing crap =]
-SiiLeNCE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -SiiLeNCE-
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
don't get a genesis 3 it sucks. it wasnt made by sega so it has crappy build quality and it freezes twice as easily so youll get the same problems.
doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]I think you need a SNES :PPanzer_Zwei

LOL.

That's just dumb fanboy ignorance. Although the Black Knight's post was useless as well.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"][QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]I think you need a SNES :Pdoubutsuteki

LOL.

That's just dumb fanboy ignorance. Although the Black Knight's post was useless as well.

Hold on, we are joking, both me and him. No trolling involved.