Do any of you gamers out there hope MS Xbox does better next-generation?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

(I didn't want to create this thread in System Wars due to rapid hardcore fanboys)

As the title thread reads, better competition usually means everyone wins. As we all know, MS did had a rocky start this gen and later on, got back on it's feet but still, more work is needed for MS and so far, MS is working hard but still not enough to give Sony a run for their money. Yes, I'm aware PC always wins in the end if you have the money to build a decent PC gaming, but I for one like to see console makers do better when it comes to competition.

I will say this, I'm curious to see what MS will bring into next-gen Xbox Scarlet (code name) and do better on more new IP exclusives.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

During last gen Xbox360 was superior because it simply was the better console. And I had both PS3 and 360 so I know this from own experience, so no childish fanboy nonsense ok.

So, if the next xbox was clearly better console than PS5, it would sell better, and as a consequence, would get better games too. Better selling console is always more tempting platform for devs, after all.

So, there is hope.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Hope? Nah, think it goes without saying Microsoft is in a good place for the future.

I personally think Microsoft has shown it's working on its flaws for a long time now, especially since the XB1 launch campaign. The newer systems have features you really can't find on competing consoles. GamePass is awesome and the ability to play two generation old games should be commended. Along with the ability to play games on my P.C.

And while the elephant in the room demands more brilliant exclusive content, Microsoft clearly showed at e3 this year they've taken notes and will be addressed in the near future. Hopefully Sea of Thieves gets better over time as well and I expect that to become a cross-gen title for the next system after some large updates.

If anything I think it's a good time for Microsoft, they want to undo a lot of the mistakes and they've been ticking a lot of boxes for Gamers. Next Xbox system I'm expecting to give Nintendo and Sony a tougher fight for No.1 place.

Then again I just want them all to fight for my money, with the best gaming features and games possible.

Yes, I'm aware PC always wins in the end if you have the money to build a decent PC gaming

Odd statement, by "P.C. wins". Do you mean it has superior hardware choices? That's always been a fact regardless of gen you can custom build, but sales indicate it's heavily mixed. D00M IV for example sold like garbage on P.C. and that's the version I own.

Games that usually bring the money on P.C. are competitive Shooters/ MMOs/ or MOBAs. With the rare exception. Otherwise consoles beat them sale-wise almost always. The list of examples would be crazy so I'll stick with the beloved P.C. franchise that did better on consoles.

And considering the question was money related I think this can't be a simple "P.C. wins" kind of argument. Please try not to be bias dood, you said yourself you wanted to avoid fanboi logic.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Of course I hope I they do better competition is everything if you're wrestling fan you know how bad the WWE got after WCW died. And if MS next console was a failure and they quit the gaming industry Sony would become the new EA.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@RSM-HQ said:

Yes, I'm aware PC always wins in the end if you have the money to build a decent PC gaming

Odd statement, by "P.C. wins". Do you mean it has superior hardware choices? That's always been a fact regardless of gen you can custom build, but sales indicate it's heavily mixed. D00M IV for example sold like garbage on P.C. and that's the version I own.

Games that usually bring the money on P.C. are competitive Shooters/ MMOs/ or MOBAs. With the rare exception. Otherwise consoles beat them sale-wise almost always. The list of examples would be crazy so I'll stick with the beloved P.C. franchise that did better on consoles.

And considering the question was money related I think this can't be a simple "P.C. wins" kind of argument. Please try not to be bias dood, you said yourself you wanted to avoid fanboi logic.

I put that there for a reason.

Edit: I mention this because there might be a PC gamer who question this, sorry about that.

But not getting into that, I do agree with what you said. MS at E3 2018, MS buying other studios show they are working harder bring in newer IP games I would assume, we just gotta wait and see what happens next. I like what Nintendo Switch is doing, doing it's own thing, but I also went everyone to do better then what we see now.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ

@davillain-: The market seems pretty good to me right now, but yes I agree and want all three to keep up the good work and not get arrogant like Sony did with launch PS3 and Vita, Nintendo did with the WiiU, and Microsoft with launch X1.

If Ninja Gaiden 4 became an Xbox only game for its next system however? I would dive right in. It's the main reason I had a 360.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

They've already massively improved this gen, compared to where they were at the start of the gen... so I'm confident that the next 5 + years will be awesome for Xbox.

And of course I want them to do better, as an Xbox fan and a gamer in general. Just as Sony/Nintendo fans should want them to do better at certain things too.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Sure I would like to see them do better because that means more support from more developers. It’s unfortunate to see some games pass on an Xbox One version because some developers don’t feel that there would enough of a user base to warrant it. I think that Microsoft have done a lot of great things this gen that bode well for their next system. At the end of the day though I just want Microsoft to continue making the games that I enjoy and continue to provide a platform that I enjoy playing those games on.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

i'd love them to bounce back but i'm struggling to pinpoint anything they've done this gen that suggests they're back on track and it's likely to happen

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I want ms to learn from the mistakes made this gen. I haven't seen signs at present though.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01

@Macutchi said:

i'd love them to bounce back but i'm struggling to pinpoint anything they've done this gen that suggests they're back on track and it's likely to happen

You're joking right?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Macutchi
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Macutchi said:

You're joking right?

nope, sadly. what kind of things suggest to you they'll turn things around next gen?

Noneut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Noneut
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Cere?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01

@Macutchi: Lol, seriously? You must be trolling.

Does acquiring 4 studios and creating another top studio count as improving? How about releasing the most powerful console, along with services like BC, gamepass and supporting cross play?

Lol, give me a break.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

The industry is at its best when Sony is in a massive first place lead.

Microsoft will continue to stay in 2nd or 3rd and that’s okay.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hrt_rulz01

@stuff238: Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Macutchi
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Does acquiring 4 studios and creating another top studio count as improving? How about releasing the most powerful console, along with services like BC, gamepass and supporting cross play?

Lol, give me a break.

wow, someone's a bit sensitive i see.

sorry pal, as hard as it clearly is for you to hear this, those studios haven't done much to get me excited. and, as a sp gamer, considering how poor gears and halo have been this generation - and that i'm not much of a driving game fan - i'm not exactly bouncing with optimism for ms's next gen offering.

and releasing a more powerful console so late in the gen with no killer exclusive to take advantage of that power, leaving the main selling point, as far as i can tell, as being able to squeeze a bit more performance / resolution juice out of current multiplats and play older games, clearly doesn't give me the tingle in the trousers it does you

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lol, give me a break.

For the most parts, I personally like the way MS giving gamers more options between playing their games on PC or the console, Xbox Play Anywhere & Game Pass is a great feature, I don't mind using Windows 10 store just to play MS exclusive games. Now that's an improvement right there.

@Macutchi said:

Xbox Play Anywhere & Game Pass is all I can think of, which is great feature giving PC gamers more options. Exclusive game wise is in need of improvements.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01

@Macutchi: Ok, you obviously have abit of a bias against MS... fair enough. Your opinion.

But to say that MS hasn't done anything to improve, is ridiculous. If only Sony would improve on some things...

*cough* PSN *cough*

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RSM-HQ

@hrt_rulz01:

If only Sony would improve on some things...

*cough* PSN *cough*

What PSN issues can you list? While the subject has come into question.

Not trying to get involved in the already petty argument underway. Just as someone who could make a list myself on PSN, I'm curious on what >you< think should be a priority.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#21  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I have little doubt that Xbox will start next gen in a much better place, with a competitive product. Just don't know if it will be enough, I'm pretty sure Sony will go for the kill, while Xbox will have everyone waiting for any mistake or miscommunication (I'm pretty sure that if they start next gen with two simultaneous consoles -streaming and conventional- they will generate bad press, complaining about unclear message). But I hope they do well, even if to just to be last like previous gen but neck and neck with Sony. I just want good competition, it's irrelevant who comes first as long everyone is strong.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@RSM-HQ: Just the infrastructure in general... it isn't as stable as XBL (have a look at that independent study some company did).

And apparently it just isn't as user friendly as XBL. Plus things like cross-play of course.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RSM-HQ

@hrt_rulz01: Community pages make setting up a chatroom pretty fast and runs games instantly, so not sure on the User Friendly thing. Your knowledge seems dated, by at least a few years. Then again my guess is you're proudly a Xbox only Gamer (which is fine) so your knowledge is slim pickings as for what Playstation get right and wrong for PSN.

As for stability for PSN. Fully agree, even if you aren't aware PSN under maintenance has happened too commonly during big game events I'm very invested with, so I have a personal grudge with PSN. And these are the only times I pocket for Plus. Dropping Players offline mid-game for some update more about movie apps than playing games is unacceptable.

Wouldn't have an issue with this if they didn't suddenly flip the switch and start charging for multiplayer, but they did, and it's not like the quality has improved since PS3.

Chat is free, communities are free, so why are PSN Players paying for an average multiplayer service? Money, I know. Won't see me being bias for the PS4 system. Yet it's still very disrespectful when they told Players 'it would improve the experience'. And it has not.

I don't like supporting Plus because it was seen as a premium service of sloppy-second games that 98% I don't even want to play or already own. SharePlay as well, Plus can keep it, but charging for the same service that was free previously is awful. Lastly cloud saves. . Pretty pointless when I use a 4TB HDD and other serives do that for free.

Sony may have a better online multiplayer service than say Nintendo, but that's not a compliment as I'm concerned. And once Nintendo start charging Players, they'll find out a lot of people will have similar complaints as we see with PSN.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01

@RSM-HQ: I wouldn't say I'm "proudly an Xbox-only gamer", like I wouldn't own/haven't owned anything else... I bought a PS4 at launch (got rid of it at the end of 2014), and gamed a lot on PS3 last gen. So I have experience with PSN (although like you said, not recently).

But going off people I know who solely game on PS4, they say the user experience with online gaming could be better. But like you said, the main problem is the overall stability of the service.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Macutchi
@hrt_rulz01 said:

@Macutchi: Ok, you obviously have abit of a bias against MS... fair enough. Your opinion.

But to say that MS hasn't done anything to improve, is ridiculous. If only Sony would improve on some things...

*cough* PSN *cough*

it's not a bias, it's an opinion formed through my experience of owning an xbox this gen. don't tar me with the same brush as the sony fanboys you spend all your time on system wars bickering with.

when that first new aaa blockbuster game arrives from any of their new studios and gears 5 and halo 6 are released to rapturous critical acclaim breathing new life into the franchises, i'll start to believe again that ms can resurrect the magic of the 360 era. until that happens i'll remain unconvinced.

speaking of no bias, i'm assuming your opinion on psn has come from your experience of owning a ps4 this gen?

edit: just seen in the post above you say you did own a ps4 until 2014. fair enough

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts

Competition is always good but i doubt the next Xbox will do good. The exclusives they released this gen is a joke

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RSM-HQ

@hrt_rulz01:

I wouldn't say I'm "proudly an Xbox-only gamer", like I wouldn't own/haven't owned anything else...

Alright, wasn't trying to make a deal of it, just based on the information you gave, and it was my assumption. If wrong? that's on me.

I also had a PS4 at launch and still have my launch model, overall that was a pretty bad year for gaming on various platforms. Many developers got lazy releasing unfinished/ broken and just overall mediocre games.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

@hrt_rulz01:

I wouldn't say I'm "proudly an Xbox-only gamer", like I wouldn't own/haven't owned anything else...

Alright, wasn't trying to make a deal of it, just based on the information you gave, and it was my assumption. If wrong? that's on me.

I also had a PS4 at launch and still have my launch model, overall that was a pretty bad year for gaming on various platforms. Many developers got lazy releasing unfinished/ broken and just overall mediocre games.

Id say this gen, i dunno if I just took previous gens for granted or what but this gen games are worse. I will give them its a lot harder this gen to develop though

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RSM-HQ

@npiet1: Not sure we can believe that. Beginning of this gen developers stated development kits are easier than previous because they operate close to P.C. hardware and from a technical perspective X1 and PS4 are very similar. Unlike with PS3 and 360. Developers overall praised how easy it will be to make games.

And I don't think we're taking it for granted, the games that came out early this life cycle for both systems was pretty mediocre with rare exceptions. Got plenty of great games now, but the first year was difficult justifying my purchase.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@RSM-HQ: i meant in general like games are more detailed,better graphics, everything has been done and sometimes maps are bigger so it must be harder to make.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Them giving sony and nintendo a fight is ok but not winning the race cause I love my jrpg and sadly xbox is not loving jrpg.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Yeah, that'd be cool.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#33 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

I like Microsoft and the Xbox ecosystem but they seem a little rigid at the moment, they could really use a new, strong multiplayer focused IP and/or sandbox game.

Now I don't think Sea of Thieves is a bad game per se but it probably could have used a little more polish and content, I feel like it was a little bit of a let down in general.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

I hope Xbox rots at the bottom for the next gen and see the end of Xbox once and for all..

Lol. Realistically, I feel Xbox will improve next gen, don't think they can overtake the dominance of PlayStation.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I'm just hoping they can perform better there's no chance of catching Sony.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hrt_rulz01

@Sam3231 said:

I like Microsoft and the Xbox ecosystem but they seem a little rigid at the moment, they could really use a new, strong multiplayer focused IP and/or sandbox game.

Now I don't think Sea of Thieves is a bad game per se but it probably could have used a little more polish and content, I feel like it was a little bit of a let down in general.

The last thing they need is more MP-focused games... we need some SP story-driven games.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Yes. The better the consoles and games that are out there, the better it is for consumers. We don't want competitors getting lazy.