Dead Space 2: Almost Here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Samcro810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Samcro810
Member since 2010 • 72 Posts

I am a huge fan of the original Dead Space and am excited that the sequel is 2011's first big release. With Dead Space, people either loved or hated it and reviews from various critics were inconsistent. I finally got the privilege(and pleasure) of playing the Dead Space 2 demo on my Xbox. It was brief, but made me confident that Dead Space 2 would not disappoint. I am curious however of how big a following Dead Space really has, so if any of you that read this and care about Dead Space at all, post your comments and thoughts about the upcoming game on whether it will succeed.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts
I loved it the first Dead Space, I think all the bad talk is from purists that don't like how the Western developers are owning the Japanese in the survival horror genre. Anyhow, got a 89/100 on Metacritic, that's pretty strong, I just think if anything it didn't sell as well as it deserved, keep in mind it released just a couple of weeks before that onslaught of highly anticipate releases like Fallout 3, Fable 2, Little Big Planet, Gears of War 2, Resistance 2, Left 4 Dead, Motorstorm 2, Call of Duty World At War, Mirror's Edge, Tomb Raider Underworld, etc... I think that really cut down on its ability to be noticed, but as far as critics went it was really well received. I do have some concerns with the sequel, for instance two of the lead designers of the first game left Visceral to go work at Activision, you can see both those guys in those Dead Space Developer Diaries of the first game, looks like they had a great part in the creative direction of the first game. Anyhow, Visceral and EA still have the IP, and I hope they take it good places. I'm a little worried by the multiplayer, I mean Dead Space was a great single player experience so part of me worries their just tacking it on. On the other hand what if the multiplayer adds a kind of Left 4 Dead kind of multiplayer, if it's good I can see it being quite fun... just hope not at the expense of developing the single player campaign though.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

LBP 2 comes out on the 18th... thats the first big release....

ZeroHalberd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ZeroHalberd
Member since 2008 • 117 Posts

yeah I cannot wait. I LOVED the first one and it seems like the sequel will be bigger and better

arbitor365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 arbitor365
Member since 2009 • 2726 Posts

this, resistance 3, and uncharted 3 are the three games that im really looking foward to this year

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

I lOVED the first game soo much, and I can't wait to play Dead Space 2.

Mrmccormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mrmccormo
Member since 2011 • 870 Posts
I Platinumed the first one and I plan on doing the same for Dead Space 2. Plus, I have 2 Move controllers so I can play DS: Extraction with a buddy in HD. I also played through that stupid interactive comic....yeah, THAT'S how much I'm in love with Dead Space. :P
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts
I absolutely loved Dead Space, some segments reminded me so much of System Shock 2. Definitely something I'm looking forward to get.
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts
The only thing I didn't like about DeadSpace was that it relied on cheap scares. If they can focus on building tension, that would be great.